Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Let's be realistic

#12
ApocolypticHD wrote:I use to play alot a couple years ago. I have gave all my stuff away but today or tomorrow I plan to restart my journey. Is it actually worth even trying? Will this game close down, or shut down, basically go. I'm not a plat buyer and I want to go end game. Is it realistic. When do you guys think the game will close down. Is it actually worth trying too even start up completely fresh. I'm thinking of starting on rosmerta. I'm not paying real money. Let me know and dont beat around the bush just be honest

Rosmerta will welcome you warmly. There is one don clan atm (Forever, with theReal as feeder) and a compish clan but they stick to one time zone for some reason.

Whatever you choose I hope you enjoy your journey in returning and we wish you well . :D
http://lparchive.org/Knights-of-the-Old-Republic-II/

Rosmerta - Forever and Proud
222Rogue
114Druid
180+ lock Rogue
180+Mage
110+ ranger
Image

Re: Let's be realistic

#14
I will be realistic. VR is a small company and can't deal much thing at a time. Bug fixes takes months of not years. Support gives response in weeks. From my view games loses more players than gains. (Can't know 100% ) they don't have art team so we don't see new design of items, areas and bosses they rather bringing old designs. Forums used to be good place but recently threads get locked so often.

Re: Let's be realistic

#15
Zkills wrote:
Apples-Bele wrote:
Lucerin wrote:
I don’t know. Is the newest endgame boss that has only been killed by a single server in its current form a good benchmark for the health of the game?

It’s been live for 37ish days and it looks like they are continuing to monitor the difficulty. Gelebron/Bloodthorn are much better litmus tests since VR stated Dhiothu was a progression target.

37 days and 1 server has killed it 7 times through mainly brute force with 50-60+ each time while none else have gotten it low hp at all, for a boss that is meant to be done with 25-30 people using mainly strategy it doesn't look great

It can possibly be done with 25-30 players with some of the best gear available. I asked before beta started once about the requirements for this boss and Difinitus said that not even above average players will be enough for this boss. That being said it’s clear that it’s a progression boss as said before, meaning it’s meant for players who’ve already hit the top or near top of previous content and now have this boss to work towards. Good design imo

Epona does not just use “brute force”... they have a lot of very well geared players with full dg (or almost full), just come over and look around

Brute force is not about gear but simply strategy, and Epona does use brute force. If u dont believe ask simply ask those who lead it.

As someone who plays the game nearly since the start, Id not come back to the game. With OTM being rough we might have dropped our standards to believe VR is good but lets admit it, even OTM was better than this. Had better support team, better art team and simply better mindset and creativity, all which dont exist in here anymore. The game looks more hopeless than ever tbh, not specifically my server I still enjoy my server, I think the direction of the game is... well, non-existent. The game seems to go in very aimlessness or at least only one aim, make as much money as u can in it's time left.

Im not here to be negative, but u wanted realistic so I wont sugarcoat u just to avoid another warning/ban like 90% the playerbase here does.
Kaliset wrote:I will be realistic. VR is a small company and can't deal much thing at a time. Bug fixes takes months of not years. Support gives response in weeks. From my view games loses more players than gains. (Can't know 100% ) they don't have art team so we don't see new design of items, areas and bosses they rather bringing old designs. Forums used to be good place but recently threads get locked so often.


This is someone whos actually true with u. None of us wants to tell u not to play as we all gain from more ppl joining, but tbh? U have no good reason to play CH over any other game. At this point CH is nothing more than a social app really.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Re: Let's be realistic

#16
Criminal wrote:
Zkills wrote:
Apples-Bele wrote:37 days and 1 server has killed it 7 times through mainly brute force with 50-60+ each time while none else have gotten it low hp at all, for a boss that is meant to be done with 25-30 people using mainly strategy it doesn't look great

It can possibly be done with 25-30 players with some of the best gear available. I asked before beta started once about the requirements for this boss and Difinitus said that not even above average players will be enough for this boss. That being said it’s clear that it’s a progression boss as said before, meaning it’s meant for players who’ve already hit the top or near top of previous content and now have this boss to work towards. Good design imo

Epona does not just use “brute force”... they have a lot of very well geared players with full dg (or almost full), just come over and look around

Brute force is not about gear but simply strategy, and Epona does use brute force. If u dont believe ask simply ask those who lead it.

As someone who plays the game nearly since the start, Id not come back to the game. With OTM being rough we might have dropped our standards to believe VR is good but lets admit it, even OTM was better than this. Had better support team, better art team and simply better mindset and creativity, all which dont exist in here anymore. The game looks more hopeless than ever tbh, not specifically my server I still enjoy my server, I think the direction of the game is... well, non-existent. The game seems to go in very aimlessness or at least only one aim, make as much money as u can in it's time left.

Im not here to be negative, but u wanted realistic so I wont sugarcoat u just to avoid another warning/ban like 90% the playerbase here does.
Kaliset wrote:I will be realistic. VR is a small company and can't deal much thing at a time. Bug fixes takes months of not years. Support gives response in weeks. From my view games loses more players than gains. (Can't know 100% ) they don't have art team so we don't see new design of items, areas and bosses they rather bringing old designs. Forums used to be good place but recently threads get locked so often.


This is someone whos actually true with u. None of us wants to tell u not to play as we all gain from more ppl joining, but tbh? U have no good reason to play CH over any other game. At this point CH is nothing more than a social app really.


I cant speak for all servers, but i think part of the issue is many dg sets have quit the game as well. For bele its because you are only now just building sets. On mabon the sets are either 50/50 in both clans and many have quit the game. Im sure most servers if not all have the same issue. I do agree dino needs a small nerf though.

As for the status of the game perhaps it is because i still have gear to earn, but on mabon at least things are going smoothly and the general population seems to be content. I believe bele’s smaller population may contribute to this though, and ive definitely felt that way before. Its not rare to get 3 pages of novalis at one bt, and prot dies in 5 mins or less. Hell, most people dont even hotswap here.

This could be unique to mabon though, as novalis has only recently risen to power, and every pleyer there has stuff to earn.

10/10 best social app in the app store though :p

Re: Let's be realistic

#17
Criminal wrote:As someone who plays the game nearly since the start, Id not come back to the game. With OTM being rough we might have dropped our standards to believe VR is good but lets admit it, even OTM was better than this. Had better support team, better art team and simply better mindset and creativity, all which dont exist in here anymore. The game looks more hopeless than ever tbh, not specifically my server I still enjoy my server, I think the direction of the game is... well, non-existent. The game seems to go in very aimlessness or at least only one aim, make as much money as u can in it's time left.

Im not here to be negative, but u wanted realistic so I wont sugarcoat u just to avoid another warning/ban like 90% the playerbase here does

I still want to see VRs capabilities in the next content expansion, meaning new area(s), raids, quests, items, shops, features, etc... I wouldn’t call dino a full expansion and VR and OTM both worked on the Corrupted Gardens... I want to see what VR can do alone. The game still has direction, I just think players are going at it the wrong way. Epona has been going at it the correct way as there’s always reason to keep playing, and gold having so much buying power there definitely helps... it really brings the game to a whole new level of enjoyment which stays away from the boring dkp/attendance grind which really wears down players.

And yea, the forum moderation has grown to be very ridiculous with the locked/deleted threads and posts along with warnings/bans
Image
Zkills level 111 warrior, Proud general/last active member of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus.

Zkills, new mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Re: Let's be realistic

#18
Zkills wrote:
Criminal wrote:As someone who plays the game nearly since the start, Id not come back to the game. With OTM being rough we might have dropped our standards to believe VR is good but lets admit it, even OTM was better than this. Had better support team, better art team and simply better mindset and creativity, all which dont exist in here anymore. The game looks more hopeless than ever tbh, not specifically my server I still enjoy my server, I think the direction of the game is... well, non-existent. The game seems to go in very aimlessness or at least only one aim, make as much money as u can in it's time left.

Im not here to be negative, but u wanted realistic so I wont sugarcoat u just to avoid another warning/ban like 90% the playerbase here does

I still want to see VRs capabilities in the next content expansion, meaning new area(s), raids, quests, items, shops, features, etc... I wouldn’t call dino a full expansion and VR and OTM both worked on the Corrupted Gardens... I want to see what VR can do alone. The game still has direction, I just think players are going at it the wrong way. Epona has been going at it the correct way as there’s always reason to keep playing, and gold having so much buying power there definitely helps... it really brings the game to a whole new level of enjoyment which stays away from the boring dkp/attendance grind which really wears down players.

And yea, the forum moderation has grown to be very ridiculous with the locked/deleted threads and posts along with warnings/bans
Image



Ima have to temp ban you for that post. Sorry.

Re: Let's be realistic

#19
Like I said on a different post, this game will never be a measurement to the systems of dkp, rolls and voting, systems that existed longer than CH can dream of and CH which IMO as an mmorpg is still not a great game and one of the games that require the most ppl per raid, yet has the pride to keep increasing the need of players per raid when its losing more than gaining.

Novalis is a clan that swept WolfGang and then took many of their members as they jumped ships, therefore their population for raids will obviously be very high. In same manner that when our comp died (albeit differently since they were rival clans and inconsistent and was made of two diff servers so some jumped there to nova) we had so many members everything was easy, but as dino came out and it seemed farther and farther away the players got less and less satisfied with the game. An obvious effect that Ive told VR members about.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Re: Let's be realistic

#20
Zkills wrote:
Criminal wrote:As someone who plays the game nearly since the start, Id not come back to the game. With OTM being rough we might have dropped our standards to believe VR is good but lets admit it, even OTM was better than this. Had better support team, better art team and simply better mindset and creativity, all which dont exist in here anymore. The game looks more hopeless than ever tbh, not specifically my server I still enjoy my server, I think the direction of the game is... well, non-existent. The game seems to go in very aimlessness or at least only one aim, make as much money as u can in it's time left.

Im not here to be negative, but u wanted realistic so I wont sugarcoat u just to avoid another warning/ban like 90% the playerbase here does

I still want to see VRs capabilities in the next content expansion, meaning new area(s), raids, quests, items, shops, features, etc... I wouldn’t call dino a full expansion and VR and OTM both worked on the Corrupted Gardens... I want to see what VR can do alone. The game still has direction, I just think players are going at it the wrong way. Epona has been going at it the correct way as there’s always reason to keep playing, and gold having so much buying power there definitely helps... it really brings the game to a whole new level of enjoyment which stays away from the boring dkp/attendance grind which really wears down players.

And yea, the forum moderation has grown to be very ridiculous with the locked/deleted threads and posts along with warnings/bans
Image

There is no “right” way tbh, its all subjective. You find dkp boring, others find it enjoyable and like the grind while also despising a roll based system because they simply hateto depend on luck.

Additionally, some people just seek competition and cannot play a server that doesn’t involve any sort of competition.

Reasons to play completely differ from someone to another. Everyone enjoys something, and there needs to be balance in all, so heading one way and calling it “right/correct” way will result in even more people with preferences I described above to quit, and the game will end up with 3-2 servers instead of 20~ that we currently have.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests

cron