Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Question to VR..

#1
So does this mean we should be scared to trade or list on ah? There has to be a better way of handling this...
Difinitus wrote:Going forward, we encourage Heroes to think twice about trades that appear to 'good to be true'

how would a child know if a trade is too good to be true? Just my two cents, not trying to be negative but somebody shouldn't have to suffer because they sold an item to somebody who was using hacked gold. Like I said, there has to be a better answer than this, and this has always been the answer, like when Abood hacked all that gold in Rhiannon years ago, those who sold to him lost the gold and items to my knowledge.. that isn't right, and somebody innocent shouldn't have to suffer, all trades and ah sales to those banned accounts in the time period the hacker was active should be reversed in my opinion. I know you guys can track trades, otherwise you wouldn't ask for trade details in support issues. Also, there is absolutely no way of knowing who is going to buy what you list on the ah. I just want some feedback because I disagree with the method used to handle this issue. I know the team might not have as many staff, but this is an important issue that needs to be looked at, because this is setting a bad standard.

Re: Question to VR..

#2
tayilern wrote:So does this mean we should be scared to trade or list on ah? There has to be a better way of handling this...


No it doesn’t mean that. No one has been punished who took part in a reasonable trade, worst case is it may be reverted with the parties involved being reverted to their previous state.

However if for example you take millions of gold from a complete stranger for nothing then yes you are likely to face consequences as everyone knows randoms don’t go around giving that sort of thing away. Especially if you then proceed to go to great lengths to hide it.

If people act in good faith they can expect the same in kind.
Image


I'm not a shortcut to support, don't expect a reply to PMs asking about support issues.

Re: Question to VR..

#3
Schwing wrote:
tayilern wrote:So does this mean we should be scared to trade or list on ah? There has to be a better way of handling this...


No it doesn’t mean that. No one has been punished who took part in a reasonable trade, worst case is it may be reverted with the parties involved being reverted to their previous state.

However if for example you take millions of gold from a complete stranger for nothing then yes you are likely to face consequences as everyone knows randoms don’t go around giving that sort of thing away. Especially if you then proceed to go to great lengths to hide it.

If people act in good faith they can expect the same in kind.


Hello Schwing,

I would like to say that i have encountered retiring players in all games i have played giving away their possessions and that the first thing that someone would think is not that the gold/items were produced from a glitch. For example, my irl friend (i state that as i trust his words because of this) who got his account suspended (not banned not sure what's the difference here to be honest) messaged me that there is a retiring player giving away his money in Castle. Hearing this i would also take the money if i was there sooner as we didn't know what was really the case. May i also ask what do you mean by hiding the money?

Thanks for your time reading this

Re: Question to VR..

#4
I have both received and given large amounts and random gifts in the past from/to players I didnt know well or even at all. It's not as uncommon as people are making it sound. Yes, millions may be a bit suspicious, but for a player who doesnt use the forums and may be unaware of the hacking that has occurred in recent times it may just be "my lucky day".

Now we have to add to "dont give away your items and you'll never be scammed" something like "dont take free items and make sure any trade you make goes along with the current perceived value of the items on your server and you might not get banned"
Michael Artisan - Warrior, Blake Artisan - Rogue, Ren Artisan - Ranger, Gabriel Artisan - Mage, Yaray (until VR let's me add Artisan to the name) - Druid

Guardian Deity of Danu

Buying White Lanrik Pants on Danu!!!!

Re: Question to VR..

#5
Noir wrote:
Schwing wrote:
tayilern wrote:So does this mean we should be scared to trade or list on ah? There has to be a better way of handling this...


No it doesn’t mean that. No one has been punished who took part in a reasonable trade, worst case is it may be reverted with the parties involved being reverted to their previous state.

However if for example you take millions of gold from a complete stranger for nothing then yes you are likely to face consequences as everyone knows randoms don’t go around giving that sort of thing away. Especially if you then proceed to go to great lengths to hide it.

If people act in good faith they can expect the same in kind.


Hello Schwing,

I would like to say that i have encountered retiring players in all games i have played giving away their possessions and that the first thing that someone would think is not that the gold/items were produced from a glitch. For example, my irl friend (i state that as i trust his words because of this) who got his account suspended (not banned not sure what's the difference here to be honest) messaged me that there is a retiring player giving away his money in Castle. Hearing this i would also take the money if i was there sooner as we didn't know what was really the case. May i also ask what do you mean by hiding the money?

Thanks for your time reading this

Well VR would easily be able to tell if the gold was exploited or not or gained through suspicious activities. Then they track where that gold goes to specific accounts. By hiding it he means people making a bunch of accounts and trading/mailing portions of the gold to each account thinking VR won’t be able to track it.
Zkills level 111 warrior, Proud general/last active member of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus.

Zkills, new mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Re: Question to VR..

#6
Zkills wrote:
Well VR would easily be able to tell if the gold was exploited or not or gained through suspicious activities. Then they track where that gold goes to specific accounts. By hiding it he means people making a bunch of accounts and trading/mailing portions of the gold to each account thinking VR won’t be able to track it.


Thanks for clarifying that. As far as i know, clan members and my friend who accepted the gold via trade just used the gold but didn't hide it. I just hope that the bans/suspensions are lifted in these cases after taking back the gold and items purchased with that gold.

Re: Question to VR..

#7
Getting punished for taking millions from a stranger is quite ridiculous.

For people having to first think about it being glitched just shows poor management by the company of the game. There are plenty of videos on multiple games of people giving away large quantities of in-game currencies for the heck of it.

I am not saying the trades shouldn't be reverted. I'm just stating that getting punished for partaking in it unknowingly is idiotic, even if it's millions.

Re: Question to VR..

#8
Razazam wrote:Getting punished for taking millions from a stranger is quite ridiculous.

For people having to first think about it being glitched just shows poor management by the company of the game. There are plenty of videos on multiple games of people giving away large quantities of in-game currencies for the heck of it.

I am not saying the trades shouldn't be reverted. I'm just stating that getting punished for partaking in it unknowingly is idiotic, even if it's millions.

I believe they’ve said a few times that the people that are being targeted with the bans are those that traded the gold through mule accounts to try and hide the gold.
Image


“Brevity is the soul of wit.”

Re: Question to VR..

#9
VR needs to look at this situation from OUR point of view, all VR does is get their gear for free, (getting an unfair advantage over other players), who ACTUALLY play the game and EARN their items. Yes you are the developers but hello we also want really good gear and lots of gold. So yalls need to understand that when a broke ass player hears someone say, “free gold, trade to get!!” us players will gladly accept, because we want gold.

Re: Question to VR..

#10
Well I would suggest checking IP's and account log times before making a hasty decision, because as a few pointed out, it does happen legitimately at times. Plus children aren't so good with making these decisions. I started at 13 years old, 21 now, and I know back then if somebody offered me millions in a trade for no reason I wouldn't have hesitated. Lol

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

cron