Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Clan Owned Gear

#111
Roll Coal wrote:
Soccer wrote:
Roll Coal wrote:This topic is an opinion rather than fact, I prefer a dkp system rather than rolling, so I join a dkp system clan, if you dont like it you dont have to join, just as well I wouldn't join a rolling clan, I dont have good luck anyways, not gonna get on here and bash a rolling system though, to each his own, that's why theres multiple clans on multiple servers, suggest doing a little research before joining a server.. dont level to 215 and realize you dont like a particular system then get mad because you cant beat a dom clan who uses a particular system you dont care for.

And to the point of selling gear "you earned", well sure you could sell it for personal profit and greed, I prefer to recycle my items so others can use them and build eachother up, in the clan, again.. another play style and multiple other servers cater to your needs, suggest joining one that does instead of complaining about one that doesnt


Off topic. No one is questioning points systems. People are questioning if gear obtained with points is the property of the person or the clan. Holding the opinion that its your gear does not mean you prefer rolling systems.

Read the threat and respond accordingly.


The thread topic and what was actually mentioned in the post by the user are different, DKP system is mentioned, also the 2nd part of my post addresses the actual "Topic" which got sidetracked by the user to become a DKP system slam in the original post, learn to read, analyze and respond accordingly to all that is discussed before commenting, not just ball your fists at the topic :roll:


It is very apparent you don't bother to read posts, you just skim and look for key words. He mentioned dkp as a form of payment for the gear people bought. No where did he say he was against it. Smh some people always looking for fights where none are

Re: Clan Owned Gear

#113
I dont believe in "clan owned" gear. When I first downloaded the app I was unaware of the clan dynamic as a whole. I didnt start playing because I wanted to be in a clan and roll for drops and gear other people. "Clan owned" basically means that the clans leadership has the right to decide who gets what and who keeps what....so it's less "clan" owned and more "leadership" owned.

The idea that I'd have to turn in gear I EARNED through my own effort (yeah, it's a clan achievement but individual effort is needed) is ridiculous to me. If you've put in the time and effort, its YOUR gear. Trying to force someone to return gear they earned is ridiculous.

However, since you're not the only one who attended that raid and put in effort to get that gear. So for someone to take a drop just to sell it when someone else who was at the raid would have used it seemed all kinds of messed up. You waking up to help down boss at 2am, seeing an item youd like drop, then seeing the person who won it turn around and sell it to someone who put in no effort to earn it would get anyone a little miffed.

And that's the thing about clan owned/earned gear. People dont want to see gear that they bossed/worked for going to people who didn't help them earn it. Why sell it to someone who isnt helping the clan progress forward? When you sell the gear, are those who worked with you getting a cut or are you now the only person who benefited from the raid?

As far as gear rotting in banks, some of that gets used to level alts or to help newer clannies who may not have had a chance to earn raid gear yet. Personally I wish there was a way to sell some banked things that wont be used on the open marked and share the gold with the clan.....but that idea in of itself would open up a lot of problems in of itself.

If you join a clan and agree to follow their rules regarding gear, you shouldn't be surprised if they get upset if you break your word.
Michael Artisan - Warrior, Blake Artisan - Rogue, Ren Artisan - Ranger, Gabriel Artisan - Mage, Yaray (until VR let's me add Artisan to the name) - Druid

Guardian Deity of Danu

Buying White Lanrik Pants on Danu!!!!

Re: Clan Owned Gear

#114
Alot of people here are against drop selling, but I think its a good idea. Take the bad drops your clan earns and wont use, and sell it for money to buy supplies for the clan(or yourself), like lix/restos/etc. Having no drop selling makes it harder on the nonplats.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 190 Ice Mage
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/ecQbSXV

Re: Clan Owned Gear

#115
Shivahh wrote:
tayilern wrote:
Aspire wrote:Using a team to further personal advancement is silly to me. I say it's better to have Dom Clans than chaos and no loyalty to those around you. Also helps keep the greedy entitled people in check. But just my opinion. I believe in loyalty, honor, & integrity. Sure wish the world did too. Getting worse with each generation.


It's funny, you point out greedy players, but most dom clans hoard hundreds of drops in their bank lmao.

Upgrading gear eventually pushes gear down and hits the bank, clans do raids for the minority of good drops and end up with filled up banks but i dont see how that classifies as hoarding, sell the rest of the server gear? Some servers are about maintaining domination, its not an obligation for one clan to kill the bosses then gear the rest of the server.


Like I said, i believe maintaining dominance should consist of hard work and steady recruitment, if you push the right message, work hard, and recruit good players you shouldn't have to hoard unused drops to prevent competition from getting gear. It's all good though on my server lots of gear gets sold cause they recruit everyone :lol:
Last edited by tayilern on Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Clan Owned Gear

#116
LadyNymeria wrote:
Soccer wrote:
Shivahh wrote:
Killing a boss and storing it does not have any deleterious effects whatsoever, saving it for future use, future clannies, alts or the drop being absolutely useless is whats happening.
Killing a boss alone is another story but group efforts are different especially in a clan, and i see these all these “trash drops” as a trophy of achievements throughout the years.
You’re hoarding is defining something much darker than what its intended to actually be.


Man that's rich. Justifying hoarding by claiming it represents your achievement. Lol youre one funny guy



It doesn't need justified.

We earned it and if we want to hoard it away from the rest of the server then we will.


Yeah, but does everyone who contributed to that specific boss stay in the clan forever? When they leave they lose access, but they also earned it so shouldn't they have a right to it? Justification isn't needed, but that doesn't mean it's morally right lol. It's desire to play petty to thwart competition, and that's why so many end game clans take so long to fall after corruption has been around for so long.

Re: Clan Owned Gear

#117
xXzeemXx wrote:
Zkills wrote:
Shivahh wrote:
Killing a boss and storing it does not have any deleterious effects whatsoever, saving it for future use, future clannies, alts or the drop being absolutely useless is whats happening.
Killing a boss alone is another story but group efforts are different especially in a clan, and i see these all these “trash drops” as a trophy of achievements throughout the years.
You’re hoarding is defining something much darker than what its intended to actually be.

What’s really going on is you’re taking all the drops and holding them within the clan banks, preventing outsiders from ever touching the gear. Of course the outsiders will call you greedy and maybe even hoarders... they’ll ask “why can’t I have some of those drops? Why are they entitled to them while I’m not? Why can’t I progress the game without being in a clan I disagree with?”... especially if a lot of the drops do rot away in banks, but could find use on an outsider. The player has equal rights to the drops, and can help just as much on the boss as a clan member.

You can argue against it all you want, but that’s literally what’s happening with dom clans. It’s mostly why dom clans are frowned upon by outsiders. Of course those on the inside will see nothing wrong and defend it because they’re apart of the charade lol


To these people i say feel free to compete against the dom clan if u disagree with them. No one is entitled to anything nor anyone is preventing anyone from progressing.
They can compete for the drops against the dom clan if they disagree with it then. The game even gives them advantages with mechanics like lock penalty (for bosses like aggy mord necro hrung at least) so there is no excuse for them not to work hard and try to overtake the dom clan, but complaining and blaming the dom clan for doing what clans wont do these people that wanna advance any good. As others pointed out, the drops that a clan store can be kept for future members, alts, or many other reasons.


It's not that black and white anymore. For example on my server, the top clan has had a stranglehold on that position due to the simple fact that we lack incoming players to properly make a secondary competing clan.

Re: Clan Owned Gear

#118
LadyNymeria wrote:
Soccer wrote:
LadyNymeria wrote:

It doesn't need justified.

We earned it and if we want to hoard it away from the rest of the server then we will.


And on another point, love how you think people can't have the sense of ownership for stuff they work towards and yet generals can feel free to hoard when they feel like it cause they "earned" the drops. Hilarious


The Majority of people that make up successful end game clans are like minded individuals who all agree on specific rules to progress as a whole. If the vast majority didn't agree the clan wouldn't survive.


That's a horrible point to make, I know plenty of people in the top clan on my server who are in it simply for the fact they couldn't reasonably progress end game without having millions to spend and conforming even when they disagree, people tend to take the easy route rather than the hard one and it's hard to see the light on the other side when your server struggles with incoming players. Just spraking from my perspective from being on Fingal since 2015, and in the game across multiple servers for the last 7.5 years.

Re: Clan Owned Gear

#119
Shivahh wrote:
xXzeemXx wrote:
Zkills wrote:What’s really going on is you’re taking all the drops and holding them within the clan banks, preventing outsiders from ever touching the gear. Of course the outsiders will call you greedy and maybe even hoarders... they’ll ask “why can’t I have some of those drops? Why are they entitled to them while I’m not? Why can’t I progress the game without being in a clan I disagree with?”... especially if a lot of the drops do rot away in banks, but could find use on an outsider. The player has equal rights to the drops, and can help just as much on the boss as a clan member.

You can argue against it all you want, but that’s literally what’s happening with dom clans. It’s mostly why dom clans are frowned upon by outsiders. Of course those on the inside will see nothing wrong and defend it because they’re apart of the charade lol


To these people i say feel free to compete against the dom clan if u disagree with them. No one is entitled to anything nor anyone is preventing anyone from progressing.
They can compete for the drops against the dom clan if they disagree with it then. The game even gives them advantages with mechanics like lock penalty (for bosses like aggy mord necro hrung at least) so there is no excuse for them not to work hard and try to overtake the dom clan, but complaining and blaming the dom clan for doing what clans wont do these people that wanna advance any good. As others pointed out, the drops that a clan store can be kept for future members, alts, or many other reasons.

Exactly this, clans are made for a reason and if you dont agree with it then this style of gameplay isnt for you. We work to better ourselves not our rivals


Okay, so why not sell unused gear that's unneeded and take it towards buying lixes for bosses for clannies? That's a simple solution that would help both sides more lol.

Re: Clan Owned Gear

#120
tayilern wrote:
LadyNymeria wrote:
Soccer wrote:
And on another point, love how you think people can't have the sense of ownership for stuff they work towards and yet generals can feel free to hoard when they feel like it cause they "earned" the drops. Hilarious


The Majority of people that make up successful end game clans are like minded individuals who all agree on specific rules to progress as a whole. If the vast majority didn't agree the clan wouldn't survive.


That's a horrible point to make, I know plenty of people in the top clan on my server who are in it simply for the fact they couldn't reasonably progress end game without having millions to spend and conforming even when they disagree, people tend to take the easy route rather than the hard one and it's hard to see the light on the other side when your server struggles with incoming players. Just spraking from my perspective from being on Fingal since 2015, and in the game across multiple servers for the last 7.5 years.


You're talking about people who join already established clans. I'm talking about the people who come together and form the clan, discuss how they want to run it and establish rules together. People who later join are being allowed to join and imo it doesn't really matter if they dont have other options since they still chose to join after being told the rules so it's still an agreement to follow or get booted.
and to answer your other post:..once a person chooses to leave they no longer have access to anything in the bank and yes it's to maintain that dominance but we also don't expect their gear returned either. They leave with what they earned and nothing more. I'm not debating the morality of it..that's just the facts of how some clans operate and I feel like this thread is just going in circles and the same things are getting repeated. If some other clan want to sell off all their banked items I'm not going to debate and tell them they're wrong for doing it. Clans/servers have to do what's best for them on their respective worlds.
LadyNymeria
Level 230+ Rogue
General of Ascension
LadysHeart Level 220+ Druid
Level 220+ Ice Mage Valyria
Heartsbane 220+ Warrior
Level 220+ Ranger Sweet Tansy
Dreamfyre Level 220+ Lure Mage
190 Locker Rogue Catspaw


Danu

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests