Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Chest Contents Question

#3
Interested in the way you guys will handle lanrik and hunter when they come into chest rotation, as the most expensive fash out of all the sets their prices will severely drop if their drop rate is even close to the same as highlander from the current chests. Personally from 400 chests during dbl plat i got multiple pieces of black highlander and a couple white pieces plus a decent amount of particle versions in various colors, if this were replaced with lanrik or hunter i could see the server prices of such items easily destroyed. This also is a concern with super rare mythic mounts such as horses or winter/nightwings. In the 700 chests i bought before and after dbl plat i recieved 4 mythic aeon warthog staffs, the last two i had to sell for 900k-1.1m due to the oversupply of them.

Re: Chest Contents Question

#4
Righter wrote:Interested in the way you guys will handle lanrik and hunter when they come into chest rotation, as the most expensive fash out of all the sets their prices will severely drop if their drop rate is even close to the same as highlander from the current chests. Personally from 400 chests during dbl plat i got multiple pieces of black highlander and a couple white pieces plus a decent amount of particle versions in various colors, if this were replaced with lanrik or hunter i could see the server prices of such items easily destroyed. This also is a concern with super rare mythic mounts such as horses or winter/nightwings. In the 700 chests i bought before and after dbl plat i recieved 4 mythic aeon warthog staffs, the last two i had to sell for 900k-1.1m due to the oversupply of them.

The aeoning of all of the fash was a warning shot. People knew it was going to fall, yet they kept buying it anyway. And I never really understood why people cared so much about lanrik/hunter. They became showoff sets for no reason other then because people said they are worth alot. But in reality, they are no different then any other fashion set. I don't think they should be selective about what aeon items they want to rotate through, and I think it's nice that they are giving players the choice of what they want to spend their money on. If you own hunter/lanrik, you have a while to sell the sets before the chests are implemented too.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 190 Ice Mage
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/MUANN2s

Re: Chest Contents Question

#5
Furyion wrote:
Righter wrote:Interested in the way you guys will handle lanrik and hunter when they come into chest rotation, as the most expensive fash out of all the sets their prices will severely drop if their drop rate is even close to the same as highlander from the current chests. Personally from 400 chests during dbl plat i got multiple pieces of black highlander and a couple white pieces plus a decent amount of particle versions in various colors, if this were replaced with lanrik or hunter i could see the server prices of such items easily destroyed. This also is a concern with super rare mythic mounts such as horses or winter/nightwings. In the 700 chests i bought before and after dbl plat i recieved 4 mythic aeon warthog staffs, the last two i had to sell for 900k-1.1m due to the oversupply of them.

The aeoning of all of the fash was a warning shot. People knew it was going to fall, yet they kept buying it anyway. And I never really understood why people cared so much about lanrik/hunter. They became showoff sets for no reason other then because people said they are worth alot. But in reality, they are no different then any other fashion set. I don't think they should be selective about what aeon items they want to rotate through, and I think it's nice that they are giving players the choice of what they want to spend their money on. If you own hunter/lanrik, you have a while to sell the sets before the chests are implemented too.

Hunter to me is the best looking fash set in the game, and the spooky effect is cool so I can understand the value there. Lanrik I don’t understand because it’s honestly quite ugly. Only thing going for lanrik are sparkling pieces (best sparkle effect by far) and it’s the first set of fash to ever be created.

I don’t like what VR did with these chests. Opening chests is no longer fun when you can basically expect to get a mount or black/white fash pieces... after a while of opening my 1500ish chests I grew tired of getting mount after mount after mount. I was excited to get a 95/40 cape because the flame effect is cool and it’s a 95% mount, but then I saw 10 other people with the same mount and it wasn’t so special anymore lol. Please don’t do chests like these ever again

Only ones benefiting are those too poor to afford anything since 80/85% staffs were literally being handed out for free on Epona.
Zkills level 111 warrior, Proud general/last active member of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus.

Zkills, new mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Re: Chest Contents Question

#6
Furyion wrote:The aeoning of all of the fash was a warning shot. People knew it was going to fall, yet they kept buying it anyway. And I never really understood why people cared so much about lanrik/hunter. They became showoff sets for no reason other then because people said they are worth alot. But in reality, they are no different then any other fashion set. I don't think they should be selective about what aeon items they want to rotate through, and I think it's nice that they are giving players the choice of what they want to spend their money on. If you own hunter/lanrik, you have a while to sell the sets before the chests are implemented too.



This completely.

Also, Epona cannot really be used as an example for any other server in just about any area. The server rules and dynamics make the economy insanely inexpensive compared to most servers. Perhaps their players purchased more chests, had more luck with chest content, or everyone sells everything they get, but on my server the results were different. Within the first 2 days of the update there were 2 or 3 black new fashion pants, shirts and boots in the ah, and 1 white shirt and maybe pants. I don't recall that for sure. I saw several (maybe 3 or 4) people wearing a black set or mixed black item with other fashion. I saw no one wearing white. All except 1 PR black boots and 1 other black item were quite expensive for a new fashion (typically priced for our server). No one was very interested in the Aeon fashion if the ah or overheard conversations were an indication. As for mounts...there were several 80% staffs and a few 80% capes, and they were in the 650k (staffs) up to 900k+ (capes). That is less than they typically were, but these days 80% is slow and it seems fine for newer players or those with many alts to have an affordable mount option that isn't a useless 50%.

Bottom line is that within a few days the ah was back to normal, lots of chests were sold, maybe some players who typically aren't able to get a mount or new/old fav fashion got some, everyone had fun and no one got hurt.

As for Aeon fashion in future chests, all types of fashion and mounts have been in chests for a while now. I don't see how it could be fair that some styles of Aeon fashion be removed from chests simply because many people like it. That seems counterintuitive to selling chests imo.

Personally I don't care for lanrik or hunter, but if I did I would want it in most every color, and if the drop rates were what they were this last event I would buy tons of chests to get it. I never understood why otm made poor financial decisions and decisions that benefited only a handful of players at the expense of the game enjoyment of the majority of players. Making some items really limited makes a few players happy and have more digital gold (if they sell it). Making items lots of players like much more readily available (like this past event) makes many more players buy plat and chests, as well as making lots and lots of players happy. As word spreads that the chest drop rates were so good I'd be willing to bet more and more plat and chests get bought over the next several updates and double plat events. Seems the wiser move for the game both financially and in terms of game popularity to keep rates as they have them now. The rates for all chest content seemed appropriate on my server. If anything, dragon tokens and seedlings were light compared to some server reports, but otherwise things were good.

Re: Chest Contents Question

#7
Righter wrote:Interested in the way you guys will handle lanrik and hunter when they come into chest rotation, as the most expensive fash out of all the sets their prices will severely drop if their drop rate is even close to the same as highlander from the current chests. Personally from 400 chests during dbl plat i got multiple pieces of black highlander and a couple white pieces plus a decent amount of particle versions in various colors, if this were replaced with lanrik or hunter i could see the server prices of such items easily destroyed. This also is a concern with super rare mythic mounts such as horses or winter/nightwings. In the 700 chests i bought before and after dbl plat i recieved 4 mythic aeon warthog staffs, the last two i had to sell for 900k-1.1m due to the oversupply of them.


Hello clannie!

Well, I would really love to try my luck on those very rare white nightwings (like your main had), and lanrik/hunter sets!
I even wish that VR will release NEW novelty and fashion items so that I won't be bombarded with Aeons when I open tons of chests.
I can't wait for the next Season rotation!

Well I can feel somehow your point about the "rarity" of the items, that's why we need something NEW... NEW... NEW...
Clan: Havoc, Server: Morrigan

Re: Chest Contents Question

#8
Zkills wrote:I don’t like what VR did with these chests. Opening chests is no longer fun when you can basically expect to get a mount or black/white fash pieces... after a while of opening my 1500ish chests I grew tired of getting mount after mount after mount. I was excited to get a 95/40 cape because the flame effect is cool and it’s a 95% mount, but then I saw 10 other people with the same mount and it wasn’t so special anymore lol. Please don’t do chests like these ever again

Only ones benefiting are those too poor to afford anything since 80/85% staffs were literally being handed out for free on Epona.


As much as I really want to agree with this because as a plat buyer and also someone who likes rare mounts and fash I have suddenly found that the things I previously paid a lot of gold for are worth like half what they were previously. I also understand for non-plat buyers or people who only buy at double plat that having a better chance of getting something nice is great.

Maybe there is an in-between where some things retain their rarity and value. Like 100% mounts do not need to be so common... Maybe make new mounts which are the common drops and keep the legacies as rare.
Pizzazz 220 mage - Epona

Retired ♥
Eurydice 223 mage - Gwydion
Truffles 216 druid - Gwydion

Re: Chest Contents Question

#9
"I dont like getting good and useful things in my chests. I'd much prefer spending a bunch of money (if I even spend money myself) and get 99.9764864% stuff I dont really want or need and get something special with the other %"

VR needs to look at the drop rates for those people complaining about getting mounts and black and white fash and swap them with mine. I havent gotten a mount drop in years and the fash I get is usually yellow or pink.

I'm sure you guys will feel better when you open 2000 chests and get uuuuber trash.

And not a single pair of white lanrik pants
Michael Artisan - Warrior, Blake Artisan - Rogue, Ren Artisan - Ranger, Gabriel Artisan - Mage, Yaray (until VR let's me add Artisan to the name) - Druid

Guardian Deity of Danu

Buying White Lanrik Pants on Danu!!!!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Accelerate, Elfylolz and 25 guests