Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Global Auction House

Global Auction house should be the long term goal of this integration.

Yes, some servers have a healthier economy.

Yes, initially there would be a flux in the economy.

But, it would stabilize over a short period of time. It would also be good for the long term health of Celtic Heroes. Servers that have had issues with economy would be subsidized from the health of the collective. It would entice members of servers that have quit to return, and it would be a collective boon.

Then VR could actually make changes to their game that effects server economies across the board. Instead of attempting to fix each server, they can track a larger meta-data to steer content to improve the health of the game economy. Chest improvements could be made without being balanced against more active servers.

Try to look at the long term gain of the game versus a possible short term stagnation of the healthiest server economies. There’s not that much of a spread based on chest prices. The worst inflation is around 175%. 25k vs 45k chest prices.
Clan Relentless
Praetorian V - 220 Warrior
PocketHeals - 220 Druid
Lucerin - 221 Ranger
The Bazaar - Trader

Yeahh.. pretty dumb idea to add a global auction house, for starters it would mess up every servers economy, it would also allow those who sell clan drops to basically sell them to all servers, along with that it would benefit scammers a lot more as once they scam on one world they can transfer the gold to another server and continue to scam people. Along with less populated worlds being useless due to ppl transfering to the populated and better servers.

Would be a terrible idea
Let's run through how it would happen. Mr. X scams someone. He then finds a way to get the gold to another server. He then makes a new toon scam again on the new server. Which then begs the question, what did he gain by going to a new server since he couldve just made a new toon on the same server and no one would know. This is especially obvious in the case of a global server.

+1

Would help a lot of the smaller economies and breath new life into the game. Would also allow a global area to actually serve a purpose.
Exactly my point. What is the point of getting a dragon egg, or seed if you can't sell it?
And then you have my server with no significant plat buyers and people begging for someone to sell them chest only items

I hope eventually a Global AH is implemented, but I think that if it is ever done, it would need to be done carefully and be well-thought out. A lot of people think it’s a great idea, a lot think it’s a terrible idea. It’s not hard to see from both sides of the spectrum on this topic. If not done right, it could do more harm than good, but I think if implemented right (or as right as possible) with good precautions, it could be a great thing and great for the game and servers in general.

Taxes or tariffs on items going out of servers could help. Not allowing certain items to be traded across servers would also help. Giving a option to choose to post something to auction in all servers or just your own would most certainly need to be included.

There are many ways it could work for the best, if the time is taken to work out the kinks. And let’s face it, for years people have been managing to trade items and gold between servers in other ways, so I don’t see any real reason why we shouldn’t just have the actual option to do so in game. Just my opinion though.
~*~*~*~ Rosmerta ~*~*~*~
|| Ridd || Mage || 228 ||
|| Nyyx || Ranger || 223 ||
|| Phyxius || Druid || 220 ||
|| Snaxx || Warrior || 223 ||
|| Khaleessii || Locker || 190 ||

Global Auction house should be the long term goal of this integration.

Yes, some servers have a healthier economy.

Yes, initially there would be a flux in the economy.

But, it would stabilize over a short period of time. It would also be good for the long term health of Celtic Heroes. Servers that have had issues with economy would be subsidized from the health of the collective. It would entice members of servers that have quit to return, and it would be a collective boon.

Then VR could actually make changes to their game that effects server economies across the board. Instead of attempting to fix each server, they can track a larger meta-data to steer content to improve the health of the game economy. Chest improvements could be made without being balanced against more active servers.

Try to look at the long term gain of the game versus a possible short term stagnation of the healthiest server economies. There’s not that much of a spread based on chest prices. The worst inflation is around 175%. 25k vs 45k chest prices.
Agreed this doesn't have to happen now, but I agree the economies may hurt at first, but in the end they would stabilize. Yea I am on an inactive server and it really makes me want to stop playing because it takes me about a month to find the fashion token I wanted. It is insane.
Signature updated as of December 10th, 2022

177 Druid Sulis
123 Ranger fingal
102 Rogue Sulis

Yea I am on an inactive server and it really makes me want to stop playing because it takes me about a month to find the fashion token I wanted. It is insane.
This is the exact reason why I wish we could have server transfers. But a global ah could also serve the same purpose.

I hope eventually a Global AH is implemented, but I think that if it is ever done, it would need to be done carefully and be well-thought out. A lot of people think it’s a great idea, a lot think it’s a terrible idea. It’s not hard to see from both sides of the spectrum on this topic. If not done right, it could do more harm than good, but I think if implemented right (or as right as possible) with good precautions, it could be a great thing and great for the game and servers in general.

Taxes or tariffs on items going out of servers could help. Not allowing certain items to be traded across servers would also help. Giving a option to choose to post something to auction in all servers or just your own would most certainly need to be included.

There are many ways it could work for the best, if the time is taken to work out the kinks. And let’s face it, for years people have been managing to trade items and gold between servers in other ways, so I don’t see any real reason why we shouldn’t just have the actual option to do so in game. Just my opinion though.
Agreed. I certainly knew this was going to be a controversial topic, but I thought it was something that should be talked about. They would have to do this carefully. NO DOUBT ABOUT IT. However, I think in the end, it would be beneficial and help the economy. My economy in my server is really bad, so I hope one day this is something that is implemented. Even if VR agrees to implement it ASAP it probably would take at least a year maybe even two just to design and implement the global auction house. I like your idea of having an option to just sell on your own server.

177 Druid Sulis
123 Ranger fingal
102 Rogue Sulis

Yea I am on an inactive server and it really makes me want to stop playing because it takes me about a month to find the fashion token I wanted. It is insane.
This is the exact reason why I wish we could have server transfers. But a global ah could also serve the same purpose.
Yea, but server transfers are an entirely different topic. I do think a global ah could help with keeping you on your own server though. Right now, if I were to create an account I would do research on what server has the best economy because that matters a lot.

177 Druid Sulis
123 Ranger fingal
102 Rogue Sulis

There are giant sandbox, single world games. Plenty of them. A simple internet search makes it easy to find them. CH isn’t one of them. This idea introduces defunct items that have been removed from new servers but have legacy appearance on others, which is something OTM/VR have strongly avoided in the past. It would be a massive upheaval of server economies as well.

Agreed, but I am not asking to combine the worlds, just the economies provided there are tariffs to encourage people to trade on their own server. Well not EVERY item has to be world tradable. They could just add a NO WORLD TRADE or something else to keep those items from moving server. I get you are not for the idea, but you are also not giving it a chance.

177 Druid Sulis
123 Ranger fingal
102 Rogue Sulis