Page 5 of 5

Re: Dino since last patch

Posted: Mon May 13, 2019 3:38 pm
by xXzeemXx
Bigdiesel wrote:
Zyz wrote:
Difinitus wrote:
If you find another exploit, that's great. But other than that, don't count on any further changes. We've already seen a few interesting strategies and we haven't nerfed them ;).


So here is my curiosity - you guys created a raid that is supposed to be killed with 25 toons which is refreshing compared to the raids that require 40+ toons. But you've created a situation that punishes/excludes players that want to participate but it reaches over the 25 toon limit. End game players have literally nothing to do but kill raid bosses. The raid should be doable with 25 but if the server can bring 1000 toons they shouldn't be punished for creating a cooperative environment. As it is, players will have to rotate in and out who gets to join the raid. This will create an issue for dkp based clans.

So I applaud you for not making a raid boss that requires a trillion players but it's swung in the opposite direction to where players are now being excluded from enjoying the game content which completely misses the point of what players want

Excellent point.. while making a boss that can be killed with 25 is great (although I never see this boss being killed with 25 let’s be real tbh).. excluding people from raid isn’t a recipe for success in keeping players happy.. we already gotta wait 2-3 days for a boss to spawn now add that with the fact that many people thoeretically would be forced to miss this raid, and in a perfect world would have to wait for their “turn” next spawn to participate.. Bloodthorn was a good challenge at first this raid and future raids should have been similar imo to bt with some mechanics changes to separate them making it unique..

BT is fun but never introduce anything close to the monstrosity that is known as “Volt root” ever again, or all roots in general.

Re: Dino since last patch

Posted: Mon May 13, 2019 3:42 pm
by Bigdiesel
xXzeemXx wrote:
Bigdiesel wrote:
Zyz wrote:
So here is my curiosity - you guys created a raid that is supposed to be killed with 25 toons which is refreshing compared to the raids that require 40+ toons. But you've created a situation that punishes/excludes players that want to participate but it reaches over the 25 toon limit. End game players have literally nothing to do but kill raid bosses. The raid should be doable with 25 but if the server can bring 1000 toons they shouldn't be punished for creating a cooperative environment. As it is, players will have to rotate in and out who gets to join the raid. This will create an issue for dkp based clans.

So I applaud you for not making a raid boss that requires a trillion players but it's swung in the opposite direction to where players are now being excluded from enjoying the game content which completely misses the point of what players want

Excellent point.. while making a boss that can be killed with 25 is great (although I never see this boss being killed with 25 let’s be real tbh).. excluding people from raid isn’t a recipe for success in keeping players happy.. we already gotta wait 2-3 days for a boss to spawn now add that with the fact that many people thoeretically would be forced to miss this raid, and in a perfect world would have to wait for their “turn” next spawn to participate.. Bloodthorn was a good challenge at first this raid and future raids should have been similar imo to bt with some mechanics changes to separate them making it unique..

BT is fun but never introduce anything close to the monstrosity that is known as “Volt root” ever again, or all roots in general.


“Volt root is horrid lol.. the others are easily handled tho...

Ahhh poop incoming reset to increase volt root spawns now ._. Jk ;)

Re: Dino since last patch

Posted: Mon May 13, 2019 3:46 pm
by Zkills
Bigdiesel wrote:
xXzeemXx wrote:
Bigdiesel wrote:Excellent point.. while making a boss that can be killed with 25 is great (although I never see this boss being killed with 25 let’s be real tbh).. excluding people from raid isn’t a recipe for success in keeping players happy.. we already gotta wait 2-3 days for a boss to spawn now add that with the fact that many people thoeretically would be forced to miss this raid, and in a perfect world would have to wait for their “turn” next spawn to participate.. Bloodthorn was a good challenge at first this raid and future raids should have been similar imo to bt with some mechanics changes to separate them making it unique..

BT is fun but never introduce anything close to the monstrosity that is known as “Volt root” ever again, or all roots in general.


“Volt root is horrid lol.. the others are easily handled tho...

Ahhh poop incoming reset to increase volt root spawns now ._. Jk ;)

Volt root was the bane of my existence

Re: Dino since last patch

Posted: Mon May 13, 2019 4:16 pm
by Apples-Bele
Zkills wrote:
Bigdiesel wrote:
Zkills wrote:That’s what makes the raid fun. It changes things up fast. Things can go from good to bad in an instant without the proper precautions.

What proper precaution can u take with a offtank being teleported? Or all dps that only effects a certain type off add that explodes and wipes everyone with 800k aoe dmg? Please explain how u can prepare for something so random? At the very minimum support should not be teleported from raid at all.. nothing u can do can prepare for that.. an impossible raid is not fun.. challenging raid would be fun impossible raid is nothing but frustrating..

Have back ups. Simple as that. Have another warrior on standby just incase an offtank gets tp’d. I’m not sure how the exact mechanics work but apparently the less you have the better... so have other players stand outside so if one gets tp’d another can go in and replace that player.

kind of defeats the purpose of only needing 25-30 by requiring backups

Re: Dino since last patch

Posted: Mon May 13, 2019 5:15 pm
by Zkills
Apples-Bele wrote:
Zkills wrote:
Bigdiesel wrote:What proper precaution can u take with a offtank being teleported? Or all dps that only effects a certain type off add that explodes and wipes everyone with 800k aoe dmg? Please explain how u can prepare for something so random? At the very minimum support should not be teleported from raid at all.. nothing u can do can prepare for that.. an impossible raid is not fun.. challenging raid would be fun impossible raid is nothing but frustrating..

Have back ups. Simple as that. Have another warrior on standby just incase an offtank gets tp’d. I’m not sure how the exact mechanics work but apparently the less you have the better... so have other players stand outside so if one gets tp’d another can go in and replace that player.

kind of defeats the purpose of only needing 25-30 by requiring backups

technically speaking you’ll still have 25-30 players on the boss, you’ll just be having players replace those who are teleported. It’s not needed, they’re just precautions

Re: Dino since last patch

Posted: Mon May 13, 2019 7:05 pm
by Infurnus
Zkills wrote:
Apples-Bele wrote:
Zkills wrote:Have back ups. Simple as that. Have another warrior on standby just incase an offtank gets tp’d. I’m not sure how the exact mechanics work but apparently the less you have the better... so have other players stand outside so if one gets tp’d another can go in and replace that player.

kind of defeats the purpose of only needing 25-30 by requiring backups

technically speaking you’ll still have 25-30 players on the boss, you’ll just be having players replace those who are teleported. It’s not needed, they’re just precautions

If you keep cycling you'll eventually have every player negative energied for 1min 20secs... lol

Re: Dino since last patch

Posted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:07 pm
by Zkills
Infurnus wrote:
Zkills wrote:
Apples-Bele wrote:kind of defeats the purpose of only needing 25-30 by requiring backups

technically speaking you’ll still have 25-30 players on the boss, you’ll just be having players replace those who are teleported. It’s not needed, they’re just precautions

If you keep cycling you'll eventually have every player negative energied for 1min 20secs... lol

People die .-.

Re: Dino since last patch

Posted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:58 pm
by CrazyDuck
Imo epona has improved much from the past few days many people seemed to lose hope because it was “ too strong “ ... Epona dmged dino down to 50% yesterday’s attempt and 15% this latest attempt. The more attempts you try on your server the more you get to know and understand instead of wasting time and spying on other servers .

Re: Dino since last patch

Posted: Tue May 14, 2019 12:24 am
by Zkills
CrazyDuck wrote:Imo epona has improved much from the past few days many people seemed to lose hope because it was “ too strong “ ... Epona dmged dino down to 50% yesterday’s attempt and 15% this latest attempt. The more attempts you try on your server the more you get to know and understand instead of wasting time and spying on other servers .

Lol seeing all those lvl 1s watching the fight