Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Global Castle feedback

Chaotic not only because it lags like hell but no one likes the freaking idea.

Lets just be clear "you" do not constitute "everyone", plenty of people like the idea in principle. Yes it's not functioning exactly as we'd hoped currently but we're working on that.

If you're having performance issues and you want them resolved provide us proper info such as your device rather than just tell us it doesn't work.
I'm not a shortcut to support, don't expect a reply to PMs asking about support issues.

I think it’s a fantastic step in the right direction by VR. They do see the future and the progression they have achieved is phenomenal.

On topic*
castles in the the real world are mostly huge and big by nature...they contained a hell of lot of people so no issues on that.

I guess you move small talk chill time go to tavern at present. (Pretty sure u might find another spot) humans are funny things by nature.

anyways a huge WELL DONE VR team ! Keep up the thought process.

With each reset I've seen the lag in the castle go away. Granted just like at big raids some people go invisible unless you get close to them. I don't think that will be fixed for quite some time. Otherwise I'm pleased with how it's turning out. Whatever VR is doing to fix lag they're doing good at it and hopefully within a week it will be smooth sailing.

Proud Owner of a Blessed White Yule Crown

If it is kept, perhaps the bounty board glads etc could be moved to somewhere in Lirs (maybe Highshore?) as this will have the added advantage of new players seeing a lot of endgame players, potentially making the game more promising for them at an early stage, minus the chaos of the new castle.
MrsDredd - 223 Rogue
Penny Dreadful - 220 Tank Warrior
NurseDredd - 220 Druid
DreadOnFire - 220 Fire Mage
Dreadshot - 220 Ranger
Dreadlocks - 190 Locker

Pegasus, Lugh
Celtic Heroes noob since September 2017

Global Castle mess

Global castle is a lag fest. Most of the people there are just shouting about how much they don't like it. I can't even keep up a conversation there because of all the spam from other servers. Trying to get my mount back or look at auction house takes several more mintues than it should due to all the lag. We already had global arena if you wanted to hang out with other servers. The global castle was unnecessary. Now I've got to push through a mess of lag, people, and chat spam to do simple tasks like get something out of my bank. The best move would be to disable it permanently.

I havent even logged in for thr first time for new update and im a big fat No against a global castle. Aweful place to put it. Sorry, but tavern woukd be better. Someone mentioned a way to filter out players not from your world, maybe this would work but dont have it in castle.
Arawn- Invicta
SlyShadows - 220 Tank Warrior (Retired, Arawn)
Animosity - 217 Ranger (Retired, Arawn)
Noctum - 215 Fire Mage
Acrimony - 190 Lock Rogue

Proud Tank of Arawn

Chaotic not only because it lags like hell but no one likes the freaking idea.

Lets just be clear "you" do not constitute "everyone", plenty of people like the idea in principle. Yes it's not functioning exactly as we'd hoped currently but we're working on that.

If you're having performance issues and you want them resolved provide us proper info such as your device rather than just tell us it doesn't work.
Passive aggression as a defensive tool, I'm guessing? I personally don't see "plenty of people" liking this "feature".
4d4p7→0u7w17→5urv1v3→r3p347

Being able to filter out chat from players on other servers might be a good option. However, I think that once the novelty wears off, it will settle down. Yes, the castle is going to be really busy from now on, but I don't think it will be unbearably so. Once the lag is taken care of and people get used to the newness of it all, I think it will be easier to pop in, quickly do what you need to, then leave again....like a lot of people currently do. This may also mean that the tavern might get more use as the server hangout spot, which could be neat!

The biggest issue may be that there are now gonna be 20 times as many low levels begging for free stuff...new players or spammers who either can't comprehend that you can't trade cross-server, or just like bugging people.

For everyone who is upset about the lag, please give VR a few days to make adjustments and do their best to fix the lag. It is unfortunate, but give them the chance to optimize and fix it. Also realize that the spam is really bad right now simply because everyone is going to the castle and purposefully spamming it, give it a few days and I'm sure it will calm down.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!