Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Global Castle feedback

At the end all this will do is give the visual appearance of a super active game, which may just be VR's end game. Of course that won't last long once anyone leaves the castle...
I mean the game is fairly active with every single server being able to down BT (I think besides one...), the problem is that the numbers are spread so thin because of how many servers there are, but even then the game still holds up well with activity. The global castle if anything will show just how big the community for this game really is that would otherwise be covered up with inactive castles like I’ve seen on a few servers.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Re: Global castle cross trade

[mod edit]: topics merged. Post was in reply to Manifest’s topic.

[Era edit]: Relevant quote for clarity.
What would make global castle awesome and change some players minds I think is if we could cross server trade certain specific items for example pet tokens, chests, mount tokens, eggs, pretty much anything that all servers have already and no one collects. Items excluded from cross trading should be all boss drops, fashion, mounts etc.

Pros
Gives a more solid reason for making it global in the first place.
It would make for a better economy for all servers

Cons none that I can think of atm.. post one if you can think of a reason why it's a bad idea :ugeek:
It's an interesting idea, though it seems like it would be rather tricky to add the functionality to only allow certain items in trades, in a specific area.

Game functionality limits aside, the other question is...what would be open to trading. "pretty much anything that all servers have already and no one collects" is rather generic, and is likely to change based on each server.

Regardless, I think it's way too close to server transferring, something that VR has said many times that they are not planning on implementing for the immediate future.
Last edited by Eragon123 on Wed May 08, 2019 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

At the end all this will do is give the visual appearance of a super active game, which may just be VR's end game. Of course that won't last long once anyone leaves the castle...
I mean the game is fairly active with every single server being able to down BT (I think besides one...), the problem is that the numbers are spread so thin because of how many servers there are, but even then the game still holds up well with activity. The global castle if anything will show just how big the community for this game really is that would otherwise be covered up with inactive castles like I’ve seen on a few servers.
Problem is there isn't much to do when bosses are not up. More than half the people who kill bt on my server only log for high bosses for the points. I play many many hours a day, a significant portion of that time , places like carow, ow, towers are empty, sometimes I'm alone in the castle even.

Regardless, this is off topic and for another thread.

Havnt updated the game yet.. But it seems this is to make the servers seem busier than they are and more appealing to new players.

If it stays at the castle, maybe we could use the carrow camp or any better area to add an AH, glads, mount retrieval, bank, basically every npc the castle has to be a secondary hang out area.

The busy effect stays and those that do not want to mingle with other servers can miss the castle all together.

What would make global castle awesome and change some players minds I think is if we could cross server trade certain specific items for example pet tokens, chests, mount tokens, eggs, pretty much anything that all servers have already and no one collects. Items excluded from cross trading should be all boss drops, fashion, mounts etc.

Pros

Cons none that I can think of atm.. post one if you can think of a reason why it's a bad idea :ugeek:
+1

Consumables alone would greatly help server I'm on. Would be nice to have better options that just 7k hastes and 30k rebirths

Another possible pro would be completing fash sets. I've seen on several servers single pieces of rare fash that no one wants to spend gold on since getting rest of set is nearly impossible. This would make it easier for people to go after sets they like or get access to last one or two pieces that are eluding them...of course some fash collectors would not be in favour of it understandably

Havnt updated the game yet.. But it seems this is to make the servers seem busier than they are and more appealing to new players.

If it stays at the castle, maybe we could use the carrow camp or any better area to add an AH, glads, mount retrieval, bank, basically every npc the castle has to be a secondary hang out area.

The busy effect stays and those that do not want to mingle with other servers can miss the castle all together.
I see where you are coming from, but if u relocate all the components of interest from the castle, especially ah...the castle would no longer be the "castle" and no would be there. If you mean add a second ah that allows u to see the same items, that could work, though I suspect sellers would use the non-castle ah to shout items to move away from spam, so most would go there and castle would less used

Pros

+1

Consumables alone would greatly help server I'm on. Would be nice to have better options that just 7k hastes and 30k rebirths

Another possible pro would be completing fash sets. I've seen on several servers single pieces of rare fash that no one wants to spend gold on since getting rest of set is nearly impossible. This would make it easier for people to go after sets they like or get access to last one or two pieces that are eluding them...of course some fash collectors would not be in favour of it understandably
Well I'm sure fashion being cross tradable would upset alot of people but as far as lixes and consumables go I also think it'd be great. Combo lix in the auction house for 20k each is crazy, having such a big supply from all servers may leave the ones who wanna sell for those prices with nowhere to go except back down to the normal price.

Too much lag going on, gladiators shouldn't be shared either, make tavern global not castle
The man.. The myth...The Legend!
Legolas123
From the legendary server
Nuada
The Best clan in Tavern
Grace

I am a plat buyer, if you need something mail me in game

Valar Morghulis

I see where you are coming from, but if u relocate all the components of interest from the castle, especially ah...the castle would no longer be the "castle" and no would be there. If you mean add a second ah that allows u to see the same items, that could work, though I suspect sellers would use the non-castle ah to shout items to move away from spam, so most would go there and castle would less used

Not a relocate, just a copy off every npc would be fine. The castle would still be busy.. Even 4 guys from every server at the same time wanting to chat to each other while they do thier AH or bank would make the castle look packed, those that are not fussed at all about other server interaction could miss the hectic place the castle seems to have become... People would have a choice, and with choice comes acceptance. Everyone gets to choose what suits their play style.

At the moment, a lot of peoples playing world has had a big change that they never asked for. With a few tweeks we could get oprions that appeal to both sides.

Alternatively, we considered the Tavern as an option for a new Global Zone, and a few of you have suggested that to us as well. We are still considering it and will re-evaluate after the weekend...
Please no. Cooking is already boring and time consuming, if you make the tavern a global area then it will be extremely laggy as well and no one will be willing to do it.
Yes, it’s much better to have lag in the area you have to go for banking, auctions, bounties, and gladiators. Let’s keep cooking secluded to a single, otherwise useless zone.

Tavern. 110%. There’s no block function for the spam, no resolution to gladiators being multi server, too many people trying to get bounties and battle mount resurrection. Social is what the tavern was intended to be. Move it there.
I didn’t say keep it in castle, I am simply stating why tavern is also a bad idea. Clearly you don’t cook for your clan.
RoyalBratt ~ 230 Ice Mage