Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Global Castle feedback

Appreciate the feedback thus far on the Castle!

We knew things would feel a little chaotic in the beginning and we are confident that activity will settle and players will find it a lot more pleasant.
I highly doubt that.
It will happen. I’m sure atleast 70% of the players in there now are people who rarely go to the castle anyways and are just there because it’s brand new
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

The game will for sure die out now. I was online for 10 minutes and already lost the motivation to play on. The lag is unreal in the castle.. yeah all other areas works just fine, but looking more at loading screens than getting bounties done will kill bounty board. Stupid idea to re arrange the sacred castle into a global area.. I highly support the Tavern idea. It’ll be social more than enough for everyone that seeks a nice chat with players from different servers. The fact that you cannot trade them in castle also ruins it for me, it’s fine that you cannot trade in the Arena or probably won’t be able to in Tavern either, but Castle should stay the same way as it has always been like.
Xslavers
Lvl 219 Rogue
Mabon
YouTube channel: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC4tWKrjj3ievoBDG8gNt74w

I would like to disagree (-1) to a global tavern idea. It would only be slightly better than the castle. I say this because many are in the tavern cooking. A lot of chefs in one spot will massively lag those doing their best for their clans or just to help themselves. And spam in the chat won't help them either. I'd recommend a simple blank design area, just an open room somewhere accessible in the castle that players can enter and it be a casual meet-&-greet server-wide area.

Proud Owner of a Blessed White Yule Crown

The tavern idea was discussed in Beta and it was concluded (mostly) that the castle was a more suitable option. The problem with the tavern is that it’s out of the way and nobody goes there to begin with but cookers. It would for sure die off within a months time. And yes, a global tavern would be annoying for those trying to cook and spending actual recourses.

The castle is better because it’s much larger than the tavern and it already servers as the social hub of the game. On a lot of the servers the castle has little to no social activity which is a negative, and a global castle helps combat that. Said it many times, just give it a few weeks and the numbers will drop. Guarantee it.

As for the lag, anything before the IPhone 8 is already outdated. I’m personally using an iPhone 8 and have had no problems but a little stutter here and there because of the large amounts of players, which will be resolved as time goes on. I did notice longer loading times when trying to enter/log into the castle but I’m sure that can be fixed.

There are a few bugs I’ve noticed when trying to trade or open up the auction house. Can’t whisper when in trades, and sometimes you’ll be randomly kicked out of trades or the auction house.

Move glads out of the castle. Should have been done by now. That’s my only real criticism
Last edited by Zkills on Wed May 08, 2019 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

I use a somewhat older device to play celtic heroes. I went to the castle today and crashed. Couldnt log back in till I turned off all pets made all characters default and lowers my renders and graphics to the lowest quality even with that I crashed 4 times trying to load the map and leave farcrag. I cant get my bounties, cant use my bank and cant see the auction house. Please if anything add a toggle that removes all players and messages from worlds that aren't your own. Its all just one big mess that doesn't serve much purpose.

The Castle

Is there literally anything that can be done to reduce the amount of lag this causes, I also can’t even log into the game because my toons in castle, it could stay loaded for 2-3 minutes and nothing, it’s a bit ridiculous for one of the more popular areas in each server
Dynamit1 - 215 Druid
Dynasaur - 205 Mage
Dynamit3 - 223 Rogue
Dynamit4 - 220 Warrior
Dynamit5 - 217 Ranger