Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Droprates on chests

There was a time.. not too long ago where apple demanded every game to have percentage of the drop rates for various lootcrates and chests.
When this came to be.. we didnt get any update on it on forums nor ingame (android atleast).. is this implemented in ios?
Where can I find the droprate chart?
If it doesnt exist, will you be making one?
YouTube: MrScar Celtic Heroes

MrScar
Incendo
Surculus
Scariino

Concordiia, Donn - 25th aug, 2015
Concruiit 25th april, 2017
------------------------------------------------

Re: Droprates on chests

If you go to the chop and look at the chests there is a very basic drop rate table there. It satisfies apples needs and all but doesnt really help us at all.
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

Ohh thanks.. I never saw it before.. this?

This adds up to over 152% total.
How can that be and how does it work?
Is there any more detailed chart?
It’s over 100% because you can get more than one of those tiers per chest.

The list is pretty deceptive still. For example, it doesn’t specify platinum as 60, 150, 400, or 4000; just that it’s 13%. It breaks down percentages intersecting through the drop tiers to give the minimal information necessary to abide by Apple’s terms of use.

To answer your question: no. There’s no other, more detailed chart available.

I doubt they really want that information to be any more specific than it already is.
Last edited by Lucerin on Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clan Relentless
Praetorian V - 220 Warrior
PocketHeals - 220 Druid
Lucerin - 221 Ranger
The Bazaar - Trader

I can’t find the original post that detailed why it added up past 100% right now, but I’ll re reply if I find it later.
But the gist of it is that the chests operate via RNG rather than the probability you are probably used to. Normal probability would mean that you have 100 total % and you divide it up between items, but RNG is different in that you can add up past 100%. Thus it isn’t the case that an item will drop 80% of the time per se, but rather each time you open it you have an 80% chance of getting the item.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

I can’t find the original post that detailed why it added up past 100% right now, but I’ll re reply if I find it later.
But the gist of it is that the chests operate via RNG rather than the probability you are probably used to. Normal probability would mean that you have 100 total % and you divide it up between items, but RNG is different in that you can add up past 100%. Thus it isn’t the case that an item will drop 80% of the time per se, but rather each time you open it you have an 80% chance of getting the item.

Shouldnt it include a percentage for nothing aswell? As there are 3 possible "items" in the chest but you dont get 3 always.
I have no clue abou these probabilities and percentage stuff, thats why I ask and im sure there are more curious souls out there :p
YouTube: MrScar Celtic Heroes

MrScar
Incendo
Surculus
Scariino

Concordiia, Donn - 25th aug, 2015
Concruiit 25th april, 2017
------------------------------------------------

Shouldnt it include a percentage for nothing aswell? As there are 3 possible "items" in the chest but you dont get 3 always.
I have no clue abou these probabilities and percentage stuff, thats why I ask and im sure there are more curious souls out there :p
It was posted a ways back when change first came out, idky I can’t find it .-. I can’t remember any key words from the post either so my searching for it isn’t helpful either :lol:
But yes, after the first item there is a chance at nothing, so it probably should be there, but idk enough about RNG seeding to be able to say anything strongly on the matter.

Hoping Eragon can save me and dig up the post ;)

Edit: maybe I’m just imagining things... idk, went back to June of last year in searches for “chest” and couldn’t find the post...
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Hoping Eragon can save me and dig up the post ;)
I gotchu Bob this discussion starts here. (and it was January 2019, not June 2018).

Pretty much it was a scenario where people were clamoring for something, without really realizing what they were asking for.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!