Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Comp servers

Sulis has a server-wide rule for consecutive necro and gele kills. It prevents any single clan (or alliance) from consecutively killing more than 3 necro/gele. Giving others an opportunity within a designated period of time to kill the boss without having comp.
Never heard of that rule, prob because it doesn't happen too often that one clan gets that many consecutive kills.
However, I would like to point out that the main reason the two clan alliance isn't able to farm BT is that it is really hard to get enough people to log, while the other clan is much more efficient in that area. This is shown on how even the competition is at every other boss (as far as I know).
Well, something else to add to the main topic of the thread, I would recommend Sulis as we may dislike each other slightly, which should be inescapable as no one should be happy to lose a boss to another clan, but we are overall pretty chill with the other side. (there are exceptions in like 2-4 people who may get slightly to medium toxic from time to time, however that should be common amongst most servers)

Vini, Vidi, Vici (I came, I saw, I conquered) - Julius Caesar
An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, and evil for evil - Rei Ogami

Are there any comp servers where the clans are relatively evenly matched and also nice to each other?... Just asking for a friend :D
Lmao, I think after 60 replies you have gotten your answer already. There wont be any comp server (or even with no comp lol) that would have clans being nice to each other. They are bashing each other with words on forum (and unlixed). "Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality." - Edgar Allan Poe. So you can't expect them to be nice each other in game hahaha.... Especially after spent so much gold in game or irl money for bossing. They will push their rivals to the lowest level while they still can. It's the basic human nature to survive.

This is actually a really good question, is there such a thing as friendly competition in CH? Or does it always end up being hostile?
Gwyd had it for over a year, then it turned toxic and soon after one of the clans quit. Been dominated by one clan since then.
UltimateIronman - Level 50 Morrigan

Youtube Series here

Are there any comp servers where the clans are relatively evenly matched and also nice to each other?... Just asking for a friend :D
Lmao, I think after 60 replies you have gotten your answer already. There wont be any comp server (or even with no comp lol) that would have clans being nice to each other. They are bashing each other with words on forum (and unlixed). "Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality." - Edgar Allan Poe. So you can't expect them to be nice each other in game hahaha.... Especially after spent so much gold in game or irl money for bossing. They will push their rivals to the lowest level while they still can. It's the basic human nature to survive.
Eury, I think these things happen in small spurts.

If there was enough reward in the competition alone, I could see plenty of room for multiple competing clans. If the drop rates were better on gear, more clans would exist on each server. The fact of the matter is that good drops are so rare that bosses have to be completely dominated for fear of missing a single upgrade for EG characters. In the mix, a clan is either rising or falling against it's competition. A new clan can gain momentum temporarily, and the players momentarily reinvigorate until one clan folds. Then it's either the old or the new.

The new clan has to be able to keep their players motivated enough to continue being competitive, while an established clan steps back up to compete. The problem is loot. Either the current dom clan does just enough to demoralize an up and coming clan, or it folds under the pressure of putting more effort in for the same abysmal drops.

This is a classic structure of open world, non-instanced MMO's. And the drop rate means everything. This game has so much potential. It could easily fix this over time, but I don't know why the developers choose to allow servers to play "king of the hill." Ultimately, it kills the server population. Players unable to experience EG regularly, quit or transfer. And current dom clans have to fight the complacency of drop rates and stale content. With limited developer time, one of those two problems is easily fixed.

TL;DR Even if you find this server, the situation exists in a fickle state of rise and fall. By the time you work to end game, the server dynamics can easily change.
Clan Relentless
Praetorian V - 220 Warrior
PocketHeals - 220 Druid
Lucerin - 221 Ranger
The Bazaar - Trader

“King of the hill” was solely the players decision, not VR or OTM. Servers could have very easily chosen to be free servers like Epona is now, what Taranis chose to be recently, and what Lugh used to be. There’s a reason why the free server trend is rising while competition/single clan dominance is on the decline. Simply because a free server suits a game like this much better than a comp/single dom clan server does, and as more content gets released and the game expands, more and more players are starting to realize that. A free server is the result of a community coming together to form something greater. Comp/single dom clan servers are the result of greed (both dom and rival clans are guilty of this) which sparks hatred and toxicity. As much as a lot of people hate to hear that, it’s the sad truth.

It’s cool to see Gwydion forming an alliance system from what I’ve heard, but things like that usually never work out as long as there’s a clan ruling at the top.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

This is actually a really good question, is there such a thing as friendly competition in CH? Or does it always end up being hostile?
Gwyd had it for over a year, then it turned toxic and soon after one of the clans quit. Been dominated by one clan since then.
Eh had a period a few months ago where we lost a few geles and prots in fair lock fights.
Ya one clan is def the dom clan, but we do lose a boss here and there to either Soli or the rotating comp clan.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

“King of the hill” was solely the players decision, not VR or OTM. Servers could have very easily chosen to be free servers like Epona is now, what Taranis chose to be recently, and what Lugh used to be. There’s a reason why the free server trend is rising while competition/single clan dominance is on the decline. Simply because a free server suits a game like this much better than a comp/single dom clan server does, and as more content gets released and the game expands, more and more players are starting to realize that. A free server is the result of a community coming together to form something greater. Comp/single dom clan servers are the result of greed (both dom and rival clans are guilty of this) which sparks hatred and toxicity. As much as a lot of people hate to hear that, it’s the sad truth.

It’s cool to see Gwydion forming an alliance system from what I’ve heard, but things like that usually never work out as long as there’s a clan ruling at the top.
I guess. Servers can choose to be “free.” Gwydion’s alliance has been around since July of last year. “Forming” is a little disingenuous.

I started a character on Epona this past week and I’ve been accused of being at least 4 different scammers, and 2 people you guys have “banned.” It’s been pretty uninviting except for the few people I’ve met because of shared credibility with Eurydice.

And saying that Epona is greed free is silly. Because there’s no DKP system? You guys still have greed. People get drops they don’t need to sell for profit to get what they want.

Don’t mischaracterize how great Epona is for not having a dom clan. The server can choose to hamstring themselves as individual groups for “betterment,” but let’s not act like there’s some moral high ground.

Anyone who isn’t a scammer, isn’t a jerk, and likes the end game is welcome in Relentless. We aren’t a closed door organization, and neither is the clan we ally with. Don’t like those options? Start another clan and request to enter the alliance.

Being an open loot server still doesn’t satisfy a high population of players with loot. It may shuffle between more hands, but ultimately the appeal to xfer there is the reason it stays alive. Fresh blood, all the time.
Clan Relentless
PocketHeals - 220 Druid
Lucerin - 221 Ranger
The Bazaar - Trader

Epona isnt necessarily the friendliest community, and isnt often most welcoming if u dont have the connections there. Thats why most ppl moving there are ppl who had connections there. Free server isnt necessarily strong as for very long Epona was "free" but also had many struggles due certain individuals stillrunning the server despite the system.

Taranis... They're not the most thriving "free" server, they have a ton of toxicity and clashing trying to manage it, as well as constant fear of their co-op ending, mostly due to their system being not the most "free" (its like 50% votes 50% rolls in the way its handled rn) and are barely getting the numbers of a single clan (35-41 on bts) while being weaker than a single clan. As Ive told them, a single clan will be able to sweep all of them together.

Lugh was rolls "free" server that eventually became dom instead, so not the server Id use as the example for the "incline of co-op servers". Its really not a trend, Epona was co-op for years, and Taranis was rotations (3 clans rotating on raids).

Co-op servers have heavy limitation, lots of accusations, and it wont necessarily encourage ppl to be best dps which u can shout "thats freedom" but when future raids require best mechanical players and not brute force of sheer numbers then it'll come to bite them back. Lots of even best geared eponians will have major criticism on the server despite it being thriving.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

I wouldn’t call people winning drops fair and square and then selling for profit greed. It’s how the server works. If you don’t like in then simply don’t buy and wait for the next one to come around. Also seems like a pretty good deal to me to have a second chance at getting the drop you desire with gold if someone else wins it and decides to sell it.

Greed would be taking a drop and running with it because you want it and don’t want any others to have a chance at it, which is in fact a ban-able offense.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

I wouldn’t call people winning drops fair and square and then selling for profit greed. It’s how the server works. If you don’t like in then simply don’t buy and wait for the next one to come around. Also seems like a pretty good deal to me to have a second chance at getting the drop you desire with gold if someone else wins it and decides to sell it.

Greed would be taking a drop and running with it because you want it and don’t want any others to have a chance at it, which is in fact a ban-able offense.

I wouldn’t call working your way into an endgame clan to earn your drops greed.

It goes both ways.
Clan Relentless
PocketHeals - 220 Druid
Lucerin - 221 Ranger
The Bazaar - Trader