Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: A Beast Awakens

I mean its hardly bragging and its hardly cheating, if knowing information in beta without being a beta tester is cheating then dmn I guess half the people playing the game is cheating, eveeyones human, humans give up information fairly easy tbh no matter who it is while playing games. Im pretty confident most "end game" players know whats coming in the beta. Like every beta theres multiple ppl who leak information. Also when it comes to "bragging" the information was said due to me forming a stratergy on the information i get as said above, ik you may be blind though, but thats hardly bragging, just stating facts son. But although you love to follow rules and be a goody two shoes, ill let you keep complaining
It's not really cheating (as cheating is usually understood) to know private beta information, but it's not allowed. If you think it's fine, then please list the names of those who shared information with you. If there's nothing wrong with sharing private beta information, there's nothing to worry about, right? Plus you wanted to make the names and servers public...how about you start with those you know.

Following posted rules is not a bad thing. This is the type of attitude I see a lot from people who share/trade accounts and buy/sell for real life money. They feel like rules are only guidelines, not actual rules that have to be followed. That's not how the world works though...if you do something that is against the rules, there are consequences. Whether or not other people do it is completely irregardless. No one has avoided punishment by claiming "well this person did the same thing and didn't get caught".

VR cannot stop people from sharing information, unfortunately. Obviously they made some wrong choices when picking testers, with any luck they will find out who did share information and either remove them from the beta, or at least prevent them from being involved in any future betas. Same goes for other players...I'm sure VR is taking some good notes on this thread about who may or may not be a good choice for future betas.

Calling someone a "goody two shoes" or whatever else also says way more about you than anyone else.
Amen to this
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

I mean its hardly bragging and its hardly cheating, if knowing information in beta without being a beta tester is cheating then dmn I guess half the people playing the game is cheating, eveeyones human, humans give up information fairly easy tbh no matter who it is while playing games. Im pretty confident most "end game" players know whats coming in the beta. Like every beta theres multiple ppl who leak information. Also when it comes to "bragging" the information was said due to me forming a stratergy on the information i get as said above, ik you may be blind though, but thats hardly bragging, just stating facts son. But although you love to follow rules and be a goody two shoes, ill let you keep complaining
It's not really cheating (as cheating is usually understood) to know private beta information, but it's not allowed. If you think it's fine, then please list the names of those who shared information with you. If there's nothing wrong with sharing private beta information, there's nothing to worry about, right? Plus you wanted to make the names and servers public...how about you start with those you know.

Following posted rules is not a bad thing. This is the type of attitude I see a lot from people who share/trade accounts and buy/sell for real life money. They feel like rules are only guidelines, not actual rules that have to be followed. That's not how the world works though...if you do something that is against the rules, there are consequences. Whether or not other people do it is completely irregardless. No one has avoided punishment by claiming "well this person did the same thing and didn't get caught".

VR cannot stop people from sharing information, unfortunately. Obviously they made some wrong choices when picking testers, with any luck they will find out who did share information and either remove them from the beta, or at least prevent them from being involved in any future betas. Same goes for other players...I'm sure VR is taking some good notes on this thread about who may or may not be a good choice for future betas.

Calling someone a "goody two shoes" or whatever else also says way more about you than anyone else.
The thing is I wouldnt tell devs or mods the names of those who gave me information and the servers theyre all from, its not illegal to share information as this is only a game and not real life, its not something thats going to get me banned as its just shared information and is not at all similar to selling an account or selling gold in game as theyre bannable offences. Also were human, everyone breaks the rules as I am sure you have in the past even if it was intentional, I am not stating to break the rules whenever ppl get the chance but brown nosing isnt a good thing. Im not in the beta test so people are speculating that what I say is true, although I havent actually said any information regarding the beta and what is going to be in the beta.
You seem to be contradicting yourself. You won’t share names or info, but then you go and say that there’s nothing wrong with it.

I don’t think I implied banning at any point in my posts here. VR won’t ban a player for leaking beta information, and definitely won’t ban a player for asking for information. However, just because it’s not a bannable offense doesn’t mean that it’s right. I’m assuming all the closed beta testers were told not to share information. In fact, there was a screenshot posted (I think earlier in this chat, possibly by Bob) of a message that I’m assuming appears on login that specifically says not to share information. No, a leaker won’t get banned in game, but they can definitely be blacklisted from future betas, as they are proving to be untrustworthy. You wouldn’t hire a therapist who is known for gossiping about their clients with their friends, likewise you wouldn’t invite a beta tester who is known for telling their friends about things they aren’t supposed to.

“Just shared information” is the entire problem, testers are not allowed to share information. It doesn’t matter if this is a game or real life, just because you are online doesn’t give you a free pass to break any set rules.

Yes, everyone does break the rules unknowingly at some point, that’s unavoidable based on how many random rules there are in life...but doing it intentionally is very different than doing it without realizing it was wrong. If you intentionally break the law, you deserve the full weight of whatever consequences are deemed necessary.

Anyways, I agree that this topic has gone majorly off topic. (sorry Difinitus)

I’d love to see the new boss have a unique raid encounter that doesn’t require an overwhelming amount of players, but rather specific builds to counter different parts of the raid. The CG weekly bosses had some really cool mechanics that made the encounter interesting, it’d be neat to see that trend continue!
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

It looks like this topic got derailed, choo choo :(.

Please do not discuss information regarding the beta or share that you have information about the beta when you are not suppose to!

What are you hoping to see most with the new boss?
Hmmm, that’s a fun question!!

Personally I really want to be able to cross class compete and use new boss to challenge my clannies of different classes to see who can get the kill.
BT was awesome and is really close to this, but puddles and cloak make it a mage kill more often than not and take away from the near balanced resists (a mage kill is nice on a raid but it’s more fun to have to fight for it).
Bob The God

Please do not discuss information regarding the beta or share that you have information about the beta when you are not suppose to!

So sad ;-;

I want the new boss to drop some dragon meat so I can cook up some dragon noodle soup and then eat it in front of mordy and aggy in attempt to scare them into giving me all the goods before I turn them into delicious soup as well.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

So sad ;-;

I want the new boss to drop some dragon meat so I can cook up some dragon noodle soup and then eat it in front of mordy and aggy in attempt to scare them into giving me all the goods before I turn them into delicious soup as well.
This sounds like a great recipe to add for Chinese New Year.

So sad ;-;

Great, now I’m hungry :?

Time to go make some dragon noodle soup I suppose. Chickens are distant relatives to dragons, right? Right.

Now Curry has been summoned to the conversation ;)
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

So sad ;-;

This sounds like a great recipe to add for Chinese New Year.
O.o I'll bite :p

Gonna beat Curry and say a chicken helm (since I said it first, I get it, right?)

But cool weapons mostly tbh (please have an Elephant Hammer :D)

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com

Gonna beat Curry and say a chicken helm (since I said it first, I get it, right?)

But cool weapons mostly tbh (please have an Elephant Hammer :D)
Uhhh why elephants?
Bob The God