Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: What server that dont bully a solo player?

What LadyNym said. This is not a solo game it is very much tailored towards being social, even on Epona being a little social is needed. Although since you don't plan on helping kill bosses and communicate with anyone I'm sure you wouldn't mind being blacklisted on the server. Getting into towers itself may even be a little difficult with doing the Test of Regulus (thought you can kill a pH instead of the 5* and 6* versions). Being able to buy anything on Epona isn't necessarily true as the things you want aren't always being sold and some people refuse to sell certain things. Some people also refuse to sell items to people who are blacklisted on Epona. By all means it's not impossible but there are a lot factors in this game that drive players to grp up.
I just read All About Epona.
If you just play fair, avoid drama and dont scam they wont ban you. I will follow the rules of Epona and play solo that never talk, never group and never TRADE ( i just buy and sell in the AUCTION HOUSE).
I'm not sure why others thought you would be blacklisted for not grouping, you should be fine on Epona. If you do come upon a boss you can kill it with the other players and roll for drops. You could then get drops if you had people send them to you as that's not "trading" as I understand it. This might be a little cheesy but if you named your toon NeverTalk/Trade or something it would be much easier for people to know what your about. Or if you made your clan name that or something. Just a thought.
Not saying he is going to get blacklisted just saying it's a possibility. Things happen and if he isn't willing to chat to others and clear up a misunderstanding then there's a pretty easy chance of him getting blacklisted. But as he stated he read the rules about Epona and as long as that is followed to a T there shouldn't be much issue, hopefully. Anyways best of luck to the OP.
Herne:
Wardon- 220 Warrior
Cryptic- 220 Rogue

Epona:
Yeeticus- 220 Ranger

I just read All About Epona.
If you just play fair, avoid drama and dont scam they wont ban you. I will follow the rules of Epona and play solo that never talk, never group and never TRADE ( i just buy and sell in the AUCTION HOUSE).
I'm not sure why others thought you would be blacklisted for not grouping, you should be fine on Epona. If you do come upon a boss you can kill it with the other players and roll for drops. You could then get drops if you had people send them to you as that's not "trading" as I understand it. This might be a little cheesy but if you named your toon NeverTalk/Trade or something it would be much easier for people to know what your about. Or if you made your clan name that or something. Just a thought.
Not saying he is going to get blacklisted just saying it's a possibility. Things happen and if he isn't willing to chat to others and clear up a misunderstanding then there's a pretty easy chance of him getting blacklisted. But as he stated he read the rules about Epona and as long as that is followed to a T there shouldn't be much issue, hopefully. Anyways best of luck to the OP.
Pretty easy chance... I really hope it's not "pretty easy to get black listed" over a misunderstanding. I think we should just stick with "possibility".

This is going to be a very expensive game if you aren't going to group anyone. You'll need to buy at least 4 devices to multibox to fight the floorbosses to hit 220, plus all the plat items and gear needed for 4+ toons. You'll also prob need to be okay with vendor gear rather than quest gear for all your toons if you can't find the drops in AH.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Eragon, that is the most era-ggant statement ever. People don't bring bullying on themselves, and it is never justified or defensible.
Amazing how every thread digresses within 5 posts.
If you don't like Epona (I think you will, it's one big clan), come to Fingal. It's fun and fair.

The simple truth is, everywhere children are present, ie all mmos, you will face immaturity. Rise above it!
As someone else mentioed, turn off chats if the 12 year olds get out of pocket..

Eragon, that is the most era-ggant statement ever. People don't bring bullying on themselves, and it is never justified or defensible.
Amazing how every thread digresses within 5 posts.
If you don't like Epona (I think you will, it's one big clan), come to Fingal. It's fun and fair.

The simple truth is, everywhere children are present, ie all mmos, you will face immaturity. Rise above it!
As someone else mentioed, turn off chats if the 12 year olds get out of pocket..
Thank you for the pun, I'd like to use it more, but I'm almost never called that, so I may not be able to use it much :) I'm also honored that you thought my post was important enough to warrant making a forum account.

I am in no way trying to justify bullying, and I agree that it is never defensible. The reason I phrased what I said the way that I did was because I had no idea what this "bullying" consisted of (I still don't). Through my gameplay, I've run into players who have extremely different opinions of what bullying is...some players think that simply being outlocked at a boss counts as bullying. Many people, especially newer players who don't quite understand the game/server dynamics can get really upset over small things that other players view as normal gameplay, like lock fights, running into other people leveling in the same area as you, losing a boss to a dedicated endgame camper, etc.

Because I didn't know what the bullying consisted of, I assumed it was simply a misunderstanding, possibly brought on by not being able to talk to each other. If you take all communication out of any given scenario (I was also assuming that he had already turned off player chat, so he couldn't see what they said to him - for full immersion), simple actions can be majorly misunderstood.

Whenever there is a conflict, I do my best to see and understand both sides of the story. Whenever I can only see one parties side, I take it with a bit of NaCl and try to assume the better of both parties, instead of instantly vilifying whichever party can't speak for themselves.

I think it is amazing if a player wants to try and play CH on "extreme solo" mode. My other point was simply that because the game mechanics are not designed for single players, it will just mean more challenges. If the OP wants to tackle them, more power to him...I definitely couldn't, I have to much fun conversing with other players!
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Id like to estimate doing a solo only game in celtic heroes on any server would come up to maybe 2500$ or more for 4 devices becuz u will never get an edl set (if one u say 4* count dont even try lol). Good luck but thats a huge waste of money for ur gameplay.
Arawn- Invicta
SlyShadows - 220 Tank Warrior (Retired, Arawn)
Animosity - 217 Ranger (Retired, Arawn)
Noctum - 215 Fire Mage
Acrimony - 190 Lock Rogue

Proud Tank of Arawn

I am interested to know how Taranis was bullying you, especially at level 110! Taranis' system is very much like Epona's, all who attend a boss can roll for drops, no dominant clans.

It is difficult to judge a server's entire experience before level 200+, however at one point or another you will want to trade other players so they can give you drops you win at bosses. Beyond that silent solo play is possible, however be careful about how your player's actions are perceived!
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!

Wow! Did you even read the original post? He plans on playing completely solo and buying his gear off the AH. Fingal has one dominant clan. Even if he could kill bosses on his own, after frozen, everything is camped and killed by a bunch of lock rogues so he's not very likely to get drops that way. Very little gear is on the AH so he won't be able to buy his dl/edl. He'd be screwed on Fingal just like everyone else is that doesn't drink the koolaid.

Sounds to me you should find a single player game to play.

Once you hit the 100+/- lvls, especially from 150/160 and up, you will most certainly have to fight the endurance game over spots to lvl on.

Remember that no mob/boss/area belongs to you, regardless if you were there first or not. Anyone can at any time come and ‘mess’ with your mobs, without breaking any of the rules laid upon us by the game. Winning the lock of any mob/boss you allready started on is also perfectly fine/ok (even if some servers have some internal rules going on)

However if you notice players are stalking you with the sole purpose of ruining your gameplay, well, that’s a reportable offense.

With this said, I hope you find your journey exiting, and that you will enjoy your stay.

Sincerely,
Coman, a solo player

Sounds to me that you want me to quit playing and find a single player game. This is bullying.
Kill stealing mobs is not bullying in my opinion. This is part of the game.
I wouldnt tell who and how Taranis players bully me because its useless. I play this game to enjoy and not to get stress. Taranis server gives me more stress when im playing so i quit and move to Epona server. I just hope Taranis players will never follow me.
Playing this game is enjoying but playing with Taranis people is not.
No, I don’t want you to quit the game. We need more players, not less!

Sadly, this game is far from optimized for all types of players. Alone, there really is a final limit to how far you can reach in the game, unless you want to max up fishing and cooking, but for what? Merching is obviously out of the question, and (good for you) castle camping like wise.

As I said, I hope you find your stay here joyful and fun, and please by all means; I encourage all to play their own game. Just behave whilst doing so.

It was only a friendly advice
Arawn
Gone

- It's never to late to undo wrong decisions. The players should be compensated for losing premium paid items due to in game bugs.
- I pledge to never buy any platinum for as long as the Hoax continues