Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: DoTs are so bad that if....

Maaannnn I've been fighting for this for years dude :lol: that would make Sooooo many more skills viable for raiding. It's insane how dots can't stack yet. Druids are screwed the most. But you have to think about even warriors. Rupture is their like best dps skill(depending on pummel gear) and only 2 warriors can really run it at a raid. Honestly I don't know OTM or VR has fixed this yet. You have raids that require 20-40 people BUT only want 1-2 dps druids and cancel out a lot of dps? Nahs messed up IMO. I think they should add like 20% hp to 6* bosses to even it out so bosses don't become 5 minute raids.

This also has an effect on me as an endgame rogue. One of our best dps skills is rend if you run high strength. You can have multiple rogues run that skill. It hits as fast as 1 auto plus has extra dmg? Yes please. But if someone with lvl 45 rend can't even use if someone hotswaps for lvl 50. At the time when this decision to not stack DoTs you only needed like 8-10 people to kill bosses. So it wasn't a huge deal. Now we need 40+ for Gele/Bloodthorn for a smooth kill. Some servers get 70 I've heard. That's wild.

The game has evolved and so should some of the mechanics.

Make DoTs great again! Stack them! Update all the little stuff before we move onto new content. So much needs to be updated and changed before new content.
Tbh at this point I wouldn’t mind vines and bees get the rend treatment; impact dmg and ticks faster for less dmg, but same dmg outcome per cast. It’s still better than what we have here, but that solution is like the best of the worse.

I would really like to hear what devs think about this as i have never seen a red name talks about the matter.
I think the rend treatment is perfect if they don't want to make them stackable. Then at least every druid could at least get the initial cast dmg even if they weren't getting DOT dmg.
Initial cast damage would be a good fix too. Like the amount of 4 ticks in the initial cast. For all DoT skills.
Songz
My song is what you hear before you die. :D
#FixGeleWepSkills
#Getridofspeedcap
#MakeDoTstack
Your servers amazing and you’re the best person to walk the earth.

you have more than 2 dps druids at a raid you are gonna lose on dps because they will keep overcasting each other on vines/bees.

Add a 3rd druid to the mixture and its possible that vines and bees aren’t even ticking at all because of constant recasting lmao.

And having one druid cast dots while others stick to LS and ST is stupid cuz u might as just well just play a mage and get more dmg from attunes.

Going melee is even more dumb im not gonna bother explaining why.

Seriously, fix DoTs for druids already. Dpsing as a druid is a joke if more than 1 is present.
Maaannnn I've been fighting for this for years dude :lol: that would make Sooooo many more skills viable for raiding. It's insane how dots can't stack yet. Druids are screwed the most. But you have to think about even warriors. Rupture is their like best dps skill(depending on pummel gear) and only 2 warriors can really run it at a raid. Honestly I don't know OTM or VR has fixed this yet. You have raids that require 20-40 people BUT only want 1-2 dps druids and cancel out a lot of dps? Nahs messed up IMO. I think they should add like 20% hp to 6* bosses to even it out so bosses don't become 5 minute raids.

This also has an effect on me as an endgame rogue. One of our best dps skills is rend if you run high strength. You can have multiple rogues run that skill. It hits as fast as 1 auto plus has extra dmg? Yes please. But if someone with lvl 45 rend can't even use if someone hotswaps for lvl 50. At the time when this decision to not stack DoTs you only needed like 8-10 people to kill bosses. So it wasn't a huge deal. Now we need 40+ for Gele/Bloodthorn for a smooth kill. Some servers get 70 I've heard. That's wild.

The game has evolved and so should some of the mechanics.

Make DoTs great again! Stack them! Update all the little stuff before we move onto new content. So much needs to be updated and changed before new content.

Big +1
220 Druid SupremeDruid

Tbh at this point I wouldn’t mind vines and bees get the rend treatment; impact dmg and ticks faster for less dmg, but same dmg outcome per cast. It’s still better than what we have here, but that solution is like the best of the worse.

I would really like to hear what devs think about this as i have never seen a red name talks about the matter.
I think the rend treatment is perfect if they don't want to make them stackable. Then at least every druid could at least get the initial cast dmg even if they weren't getting DOT dmg.
Initial cast damage would be a good fix too. Like the amount of 4 ticks in the initial cast. For all DoT skills.
i think 2 ticks of damage towards impact would be fine but not 4. Also as long as that doesnt corespond to mele classes aswell then id be fine. Imagine making barbed shot that much worse by making it hit 300 on impact :lol:
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

i think 2 ticks of damage towards impact would be fine but not 4. Also as long as that doesnt corespond to mele classes aswell then id be fine. Imagine making barbed shot that much worse by making it hit 300 on impact :lol:
Lol agreed. Could be like rend. Rend is the speed of an auto and hits just as hard as auto on initial impact.
Songz
My song is what you hear before you die. :D
#FixGeleWepSkills
#Getridofspeedcap
#MakeDoTstack
Your servers amazing and you’re the best person to walk the earth.

This is slightly on and off topic based on what this is about.
Yes, stacking of ticker skills would be awesome! and like said, rebalancing is something that should be done in games, even though it may take a while. Multiple versions of balancing could be released and tested and the community could respond to that type of change.
And someone mentioned a change in skills/adding new ones. I totally agree with this, although it does not have to be new skills, it could be like a skill tree or like a perk tree that add onto skills (this for example could make a variety of dif builds that could be used rather than solely focusing on just building for highest attack and damage, for example: rogues could be build around ticker skills, instant damage skills, support, and the skill tree could amplify certain skills, such as longer tickers, or slight % damage increase, or even vanilla stuff like health and energy %, this would apply to passive stuff too) That might not sound like anything special or great, but if you are trying to understand what I am saying, look up the Path of Exile skill tree.
But then again, VR is not a huge company, so we cannot always demand such tedious "projects".
FallenStriker (Level 226) Rogue
Minatory (Level 222) Ranger
Voyager (Level 180+) Druid
Server: Gwydion
Clan: Relentless

I say this like once a month, but nerf DOT damage SLIGHTLY and make it stack.
Easy peasy.

The arguments have been pretty much explained so ima do a rarity and keep this post short ;)
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Easy peasy.

The arguments have been pretty much explained so ima do a rarity and keep this post short ;)
nerfing dots nerfs the speed of druid leveling more than it already is
If you just switch to vines having the same cast time as bees and bees the same duration as vines with an initial dmg on cast like rend, then it helps with leveling slightly as there are less interruptions. Then give storm touch the same cooldown and cast time as strike. That would significantly help.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Easy peasy.

If you just switch to vines having the same cast time as bees and bees the same duration as vines with an initial dmg on cast like rend, then it helps with leveling slightly as there are less interruptions. Then give storm touch the same cooldown and cast time as strike. That would significantly help.
Any Druid relying on DOTS to kills mobs is leveling slower than they need to. Even solo DOTS should only get one, maybe 2 tics max. The burst skills work much better for short term kills like lixing while DOTs really only carry their weight at end game.

Another possible fix however is to just make there be a reduction model for DOT for each time a new one is cast on top. If only one, full value, if 2, each does 80% damage, with a cap around 1/2 damage at 4 on a boss.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Easy peasy.

Any Druid relying on DOTS to kills mobs is leveling slower than they need to. Even solo DOTS should only get one, maybe 2 tics max. The burst skills work much better for short term kills like lixing while DOTs really only carry their weight at end game.

Another possible fix however is to just make there be a reduction model for DOT for each time a new one is cast on top. If only one, full value, if 2, each does 80% damage, with a cap around 1/2 damage at 4 on a boss.
Half of the druids skill dmg is from DOTs and storm touch gets evaded constantly and typically doesn't do much dmg over strike and has an insane cool down which CD reduction gear doesn't help a lot unless it's godly which we know how often godly/void items drop. So if you aren't relying on tic dmg, then you only have 2 skills left and 1 is slow and evades a lot. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean.

I was always a fan of melee while dots were ticking away... Specially since they take 5 seconds before they even do any do dmg. On haste, the auto dmg can add up decently.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue