Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: # ill buy 4000 platin

You obviously have no idea what zerging is.
Obviously I do. When the low lvl locker rogues are timered, all you need to do is just run in circles until they’re back up. Adding a ley won’t make a difference lol.
That's not zerging dude :lol:
It's a form of zerging. Zerging is any time you rush the boss without a tank. Everyone for themselves in terms of survival.
While these lockers are deploying tactics to survive, it still is in essence a zerg. The same way using bolas can still be considered a zerg kill.

Zerg is one of those terms without a very strict definition and usually just refers to messy kills.

Although, this is really really off topic.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Obviously I do. When the low lvl locker rogues are timered, all you need to do is just run in circles until they’re back up. Adding a ley won’t make a difference lol.
It's a form of zerging. Zerging is any time you rush the boss without a tank. Everyone for themselves in terms of survival.
While these lockers are deploying tactics to survive, it still is in essence a zerg. The same way using bolas can still be considered a zerg kill.

Zerg is one of those terms without a very strict definition and usually just refers to messy kills.

Nope. That's called kiting. Zerging is a well known MMO term commonly used in famous games like WoW, EQ, and RS. I've seen it used pretty commonly in CH so that's why I pretty surprised you guys don't know what zerging is really.

Zerging is yes "rushing a boss" but it's usually rushing a boss from a respawn point. Hence most MMOs don't put bosses near respawn points so a bunch of nubs can't Zerg it to death by just respawning and rushing back to the fight. It's what "noobs" use to defeat bosses outside of their skill/gear/level.

Putting a respawn point near bosses especially snorri means 3-4 rogues can just Zerg snorri. At this point, 3-4 rogues can't Zerg snorri even with idols, but with idols AND a ley near him means he will become an insanely easy boss. There's no way you could possibly Zerg snorri with lockers from where the current leystone is. Most lockers as Zkills mentioned can last maybe 10-15 seconds against snorri try zerging that with 2-3 rogues with a 2-2.5min travel in between. It won't happen. If you can prove it I'll legit go and buy you 30 chests on server of your choosing for those 3 lockers using the Zerg tactic :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now let's move onto Kiting. Kiting is when you used ranged attacks and run when the mob gets close to you. This becomes insanely useful when you have a skill that slows down movement speed. Sound familiar? Bolas lol.

Nice try though ;) :lol:
Songz
My song is what you hear before you die. :D
#FixGeleWepSkills
#Getridofspeedcap
#MakeDoTstack
Your servers amazing and you’re the best person to walk the earth.

Nope. That's called kiting. Zerging is a well known MMO term commonly used in famous games like WoW, EQ, and RS. I've seen it used pretty commonly in CH so that's why I pretty surprised you guys don't know what zerging is really.

Zerging is yes "rushing a boss" but it's usually rushing a boss from a respawn point. Hence most MMOs don't put bosses near respawn points so a bunch of nubs can't Zerg it to death by just respawning and rushing back to the fight. It's what "noobs" use to defeat bosses outside of their skill/gear/level.

Putting a respawn point near bosses especially snorri means 3-4 rogues can just Zerg snorri. At this point, 3-4 rogues can't Zerg snorri even with idols, but with idols AND a ley near him means he will become an insanely easy boss. There's no way you could possibly Zerg snorri with lockers from where the current leystone is. Most lockers as Zkills mentioned can last maybe 10-15 seconds against snorri try zerging that with 2-3 rogues with a 2-2.5min travel in between. It won't happen. If you can prove it I'll legit go and buy you 30 chests on server of your choosing for those 3 lockers using the Zerg tactic :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now let's move onto Kiting. Kiting is when you used ranged attacks and run when the mob gets close to you. This becomes insanely useful when you have a skill that slows down movement speed. Sound familiar? Bolas lol.

It seems like we can agree to disagree that there are different ways to define zerging. Here's an official definition, for those curious: https://www.yourdictionary.com/zerg.

I think this is getting a bit off topic though. There are several very valid pros and cons to having a closer leystone to mord/snorri, and I'm sure that VR is well aware that there are mixed opinions about such an addition from the community. That being said, I recall hearing in the past that it's not something they were even considering at the time...players need their exercise after all!
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

The ley should be in the waterfall room by despoiler lol. Why would anyone even want to put a ley right in troll pit.
Trueee :lol:
Songz
My song is what you hear before you die. :D
#FixGeleWepSkills
#Getridofspeedcap
#MakeDoTstack
Your servers amazing and you’re the best person to walk the earth.

Torch in the UK means flashlight, torch in the US means a stick with fire on it...
Words change meaning depending upon where they are used. Since bosses in CH aren’t by respawns, Zerging refers to reliance on idol spamming to kill a boss. This can be seen in kiting or mount riding or just good old fashion idol spamming.
That’s great that WOW defines it differently, but this isn’t the WOW forum...

Once again though, off topic.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

The definition of zerging varies from game to game since almost every mmo plays differently. In this game Zerging is where a clan or group of players attempts a boss with under powered toons or an under powered group and they use tactics like idol spam or running in circles (kiting) to keep the fight going through rage, or doing so until more players arrive. Usually used as a desperate attempt to keep the other clan from taking the boss and is rather dirty. With how jokingly underwhelming rage/death is in this game, and the lock system, zerging is possible. Zerging imo is always the result of flawed/bad game design

If the boss enrages due to lack of numbers/power, than you are technically zerging. If you attempt a boss initially with a lack of numbers/power just to gain lock and hold out until more players arrive, then you are technically zerging.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Kiting can be a form of zerging. Zerging is a broad term that means players using overwhelming numbers to achieve victory rather than tactics. Some definitions/opinions include low level gamers and some do not. Essentially zerging is just throwing enough dps to kill the creature rather than using tactics.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Im just quoting Zyz cuz its the relevant topic im referring to.

But Zkills can u get me the names of the TWO TO THREE LOCKER ROGUES who can zerg snorri? Cuz hot damn i want that build. Only way i see this possible is 3 rogues with poacher ammys and vit rings from gara, full vit builds, hero combo with a shield offy, other than that ive never seen 3 rogues alone zerg a snorri lmao.

Also -1 to ley by snorri/mord. That would ruin the compettion at mordris. Dedication to lock if parking toons and preparing to have competition is vital to this game. A ley closer means the preparation is almost useless and people wont have to prepare in the long run. Removing almost all chances at underdog clans winning eg if top clan is aware.
Arawn- Invicta
SlyShadows - 220 Tank Warrior (Retired, Arawn)
Animosity - 217 Ranger (Retired, Arawn)
Noctum - 215 Fire Mage
Acrimony - 190 Lock Rogue

Proud Tank of Arawn

Ill have to agree with Warsong here. As an old mmo-player I get pretty confused when the term zerg is used for whatever messy fight. However, Warsong, we just have to be down with the kids and accept that as we cant build a level 1 paladin loh zerg chain in CH we just have to live with the fact that definitions change.

And Assi, I was gonna donate those plats for a personal ley :D