Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Any Russian players here?

Taranis has a big Russian clan too. It just goes to show how much the Russian localization will boost the population.

VR, let me start translating! It's a long process, so by the time I'm done you will hopefully have the resources to add Russian to the game.
This would be cool In my opinion. If we could toggle translations. I think it'd be easy on Android phones since we can have a translation app connected to our keyboards, but Apple would be a pain
Songz
My song is what you hear before you die. :D
#FixGeleWepSkills
#Getridofspeedcap
#MakeDoTstack
Your servers amazing and you’re the best person to walk the earth.

Taranis has a big Russian clan too. It just goes to show how much the Russian localization will boost the population.

VR, let me start translating! It's a long process, so by the time I'm done you will hopefully have the resources to add Russian to the game.
This would be cool In my opinion. If we could toggle translations. I think it'd be easy on Android phones since we can have a translation app connected to our keyboards, but Apple would be a pain
I think Paccontiyaka means that the Russian language should be supported throughout the app - not just in chat. It would be a really big deal to translate every single item description, quest log, server message...every single instance of text in the game would need a Russian alternative. I'm not sure how long it took VR to create the Thai localization (Heroes Age Online), but I'll bet it took at least several months...with a team of developers/designers who I'm assuming speak the language fairly well, if not fluently. For a Russian localization, they'd have to get at least one fluent Russian translator (an official one, not just a player who wants to help out, to be sure that they are accurate) and it would take a long time. That's also assuming that VR would be able to fit the Russian version in the existing Celtic Heroes app. Depending on what is possible with that, a Russian version could mean a third app for VR to have to handle...even more strain on Support (who would have to translate each support request from the Russian version, ouch). I can easily see google translate breaking that.

This topic came up a few weeks ago, and from what I remember, VR said that they realize that it would be helpful for a lot of players, but it's just such a big project that it's not really possible at this time.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

No offense, but I don’t know if translating ch into Russian would be a good thing for the game. The game is aimed at English speakers and the overwhelming majority are able to speak English either fluently or pretty well.
Translating items and the game into Russian would create divisions on servers and not everyone would be able to play the same game.

The only way I can see this working is if they made a new server that was translated.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

No offense, but I don’t know if translating ch into Russian would be a good thing for the game. The game is aimed at English speakers and the overwhelming majority are able to speak English either fluently or pretty well.
Translating items and the game into Russian would create divisions on servers and not everyone would be able to play the same game.

The only way I can see this working is if they made a new server that was translated.
+1
Angmar Reid—Herne—169 Warrior
RagingRedhead—Danu—186 Warrior (currently more active)
I don’t rage quit, I ginger snap.