Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Mage gelebron kill?!

Turned into a mage bashing thread pretty quick lol.

Lemme throw my opinion in the mix.

Divine damage is the biggest factor in why rogues and rangers get the kill on raid bosses. We mages don't have that luxury except for a meh offhand skill that takes too long to cool down. So you see few mage kills from that. But, as a mage who gotten a good amount of snorri/streng kills during carrow times I can tell you a properly built mage can take the kill on non-raid high lv bosses.

One more thing. For those who say it's not impressive for a mage to get the kill if a group wiped consider this. Mages have one of the best skills in the game, lure. They help a lot more then you think, reducing resist(or armor in other words) down by over 1000 at high lvs. So, before you brag about a rogue kill thank the pierce/fire lurer if there was one.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

ikr :(
Any semi decent ranger wouldn't get outdpsed by a mage even in full doch at proteus.
lol, i challenge that notion, only our best rangers on haste can outdps me, even our best ranger off haste loses kill to me.

mages may be nerfed af, but we aren't that bad at eg ;P
Stop making me look bad :lol: when im afk unhasted you beat me. If im trying unhasted i get kill over you. I could name rangers outside of the best few who beat you when they hasted also :roll:

Only time you beat decent hasted rangers usually is if lures are aweful and rangers cant attack or idol lock. Or rangers dc or all mage grp locks over the grp with 1 or 2 rangers ;)
I admitted I can only outdps some of the decent rangers that have edl quiver when they haste, you know who cuz we talked about this online once ._. All I am saying is that mages aren't complete garbage at EG, OTM may have nerfed us by giving insane divine damage to the other classes but giving none to mages (EDL offhand doesn't count... 6k every 90 seconds... rangers get in 400 every auto that lands, not to include edl quiver every 90 seconds) Also I don't just get kills when lures are bad... most of the time when lures are bad I have to alt mid kill to lures to help out ._.
Any semi decent ranger wouldn't get outdpsed by a mage even in full doch at proteus.
lol, i challenge that notion, only our best rangers on haste can outdps me, even our best ranger off haste loses kill to me.

mages may be nerfed af, but we aren't that bad at eg ;P
Either Arawn has crappy rangers or other servers don't have a mage as good as you.

I don't think anyone argues that you get a kill from time to time, but out of the last 400 Proteus kills, you got 16 kills, is it? Assuming you've been on 75% of the time, that's only a 5% kill rate. Not much to be excited about.
only been in clan a little over one year, been to about 200-250 proteus kills, 6.4% (assuming 250 kills) still isn't an impressive kill rate, and I'm not saying mages are amazingly op at EG, all i'm saying is that we pull our weight. On my server Ventius is at about the same amount of prot kills im at, and only time I can get kill is when he doesn't haste, we also have 2 rangers with full DG, one of which is very active at prot... can go on and on, my point being that although I may not get a lot of kills at proteus, it isn't because mages completly suck, rather its because mages are not the top 3 or 4 dps, and only get kills when the top 3 or 4 dps don't haste.

This is obviously a pretty contentious discussion... But unlike what OTM thinks mages are not add killers (anyone who has ever leveled a mage will understand how ridiculous a notion that is, a mage being the main add killer? really?) Mages by class definition are supposed to be weak defensivly but strong offensivly (specifically with elemental damage), basically opposite end of the spectrum from a tank... OTM likes to mess around with this a bit for some reason to make it so mages become in the middle of the damage spectrum... but regardless mages still have some of the best DPS in the game, especially on nonchaos mobs, like legacy, heliants, and some EDL bosses...

Don't leave out the mages ._.
that is unless you enjoy killing the 210 smolach boss without icemages, or prot without lures ._. never heard of a gele dying without pierce lure either.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Lemme throw my opinion in the mix.

Divine damage is the biggest factor in why rogues and rangers get the kill on raid bosses. We mages don't have that luxury except for a meh offhand skill that takes too long to cool down. So you see few mage kills from that. But, as a mage who gotten a good amount of snorri/streng kills during carrow times I can tell you a properly built mage can take the kill on non-raid high lv bosses.

One more thing. For those who say it's not impressive for a mage to get the kill if a group wiped consider this. Mages have one of the best skills in the game, lure. They help a lot more then you think, reducing resist(or armor in other words) down by over 1000 at high lvs. So, before you brag about a rogue kill thank the pierce/fire lurer if there was one.
Im not bashing mages, they're pretty important in the end game as much as any of the other classes.
But the OP bragged about a "mage kill" when the primary dps and the secondary dps groups wiped. It's misinformation.

I do wish mages have other source of divine damage besides the offhand skill. The edl aura and offhand divine dmg bonus does nothing for mages. It is a grossly huge oversight from OTM Design group who probably still believes mages use auto attack with wands.

I've suggested before that edl aura and offhand divine bonuses should be added to skill casts. At least that would level the playing field some.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

I do wish mages have other source of divine damage besides the offhand skill. The edl aura and offhand divine dmg bonus does nothing for mages. It is a grossly huge oversight from OTM Design group who probably still believes mages use auto attack with wands.

I've suggested before that edl aura and offhand divine bonuses should be added to skill casts. At least that would level the playing field some.
Listen to this, OTM.
Perkamentus, lv 230 Full Doch Gul Ice Mage
Avanor, lv 220 Rogue
Silvos, lv 191 Ranger

Retired Chieftain now Clansman of Pegasus, Lugh.

I reckon mages are fine as is increasing divine would just imbalance the classes. There is a pretty nice class balance at the moment at endgame bossing.

The only way a mage is getting a kill at proteus is if something goes drastically wrong with the raid (no lures for half the fight) (rangers afking) stuff like that.
UltimateIronman - Level 50 Morrigan

Youtube Series here

I reckon mages are fine as is increasing divine would just imbalance the classes. There is a pretty nice class balance at the moment at endgame bossing.

The only way a mage is getting a kill at proteus is if something goes drastically wrong with the raid (no lures for half the fight) (rangers afking) stuff like that.
Eh why? There should be no reason why only one class dominates Prot and Gele kill. If we want more class diversity and competition, give mages (and druids) ability to do divine damage.

Eh why? There should be no reason why only one class dominates Prot and Gele kill. If we want more class diversity and competition, give mages (and druids) ability to do divine damage.
Rogues and rangers are 50/50 on gele I would say.

Druids already do a kinda divine damage through bees.

Mages are extremely strong on non-chaos bosses due to without divine most other classes suck, making mages strong on both non chaos and chaos is too much imo.
UltimateIronman - Level 50 Morrigan

Youtube Series here

Mages are extremely strong on non-chaos bosses due to without divine most other classes suck, making mages strong on both non chaos and chaos is too much imo.
Rogues are slightly better than rangers on gele, I'd say 70/30, especially ones with doch as gele is weaker to magic damage.

You don't see a lot of rogues getting gele kill because they are on xtals and rightly so, as rangers barely have any decent skills to use on xtals, while rogues have four, as well as the offhand skill, so to maximize a rangers potential at gele they're better off on gele.

Rogues and rangers are both balanced, although It would be nice to see mages compete on chaos raid mobs with the melee classes.
Wattzon of Sulis

that's not a reason why druids shouldn't benefit from having edl divine dmg aura and codex dd bonus.

Listen to this, OTM.
+100

that is the role of a mage, to have the top elemental dps. rangers are supposed to have the top physical dps. Rogues are supposed to be a kind of independent class with quick stealth damage and decent health defense, druids are casters that have op healing skills, and warriors are the heavy armor bearers. These are standard mmo roles. I'm not saying to nerf the other classes, im saying let mages do what mages are supposed to do... OTM has made mages into nothing more than lure monkeys at EG bosses.

also in tower poison damage is heavily resisted so bees isn't as strong, especially since no poison lure.

Come by and see me in beta, as the mage with the most prot kills in game I'll show you that although some kills are from messy prots with lure errors etc, that this isn't always the case... I have gotten plenty of kills over rangers with edl quiver that were on haste, need to offer the disclaimer that these rangers are not the best dps. My point being is that mages are the second best dps at proteus, rogues are third, except for the super op rogues who can outdps the mid tier mages.

EDIT: also how is it a fine balance if the only way a mage (whose role is to have top elemental dps based off of standard mmo class roles) can never get a kill? the damage our skills do is decent so it isn't an elemental resist problem, the resists at prot are pretty fair. the problem is mages lack divine damage except for 6k every 90 seconds.

possible fixes to the mage divine damage problem, please read otm D:
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at