Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Reducing evasions and randomizing damage skill?

They're buffing all classes with this not nerfing rangers.
I understand it's not really a nerf, if they fix skill damage fluctuation and not auto/melee damage fluctuation it means all classes but Rangers benefit. No auto ranger uses damage skills other then double shot
I'm happy they are fixing things. Did not mean the comment in a negative way
Im hoping double will actually hit double.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

They're buffing all classes with this not nerfing rangers.
I understand it's not really a nerf, if they fix skill damage fluctuation and not auto/melee damage fluctuation it means all classes but Rangers benefit. No auto ranger uses damage skills other then double shot
I'm happy they are fixing things. Did not mean the comment in a negative way
Im hoping double will actually hit double.
Double hits double. Only problem is that double does not hit double the stat page number but the actual output auto hit which makes my double sometimes hit as much as my auto or little more than auto. And that sux.
ex. Let's say u do regular 1k auto. But there is Dmg fluctuations which make u hit 1.2k sometimes and 650 sometimes. If game engine rolled that u will hit 1.2k auto but u use double u will get 2.4k hit. But if game rolled 650 for your auto and u use double u will get 1300 which is not that far from your regular auto of 1k.
And that my friend is what bugged me most about Dmg.
Ranger lvl 215
Android,Fingal

^Double doesnt hit double, definitely not on dummies either. 6.4k dmg for double, lets take 300 cus of 150 divine, thats 6.1k dmg, I can hit almost maximum melee dmg on dummies, never hit over 5.3k with double.

^Double doesnt hit double, definitely not on dummies either. 6.4k dmg for double, lets take 300 cus of 150 divine, thats 6.1k dmg, I can hit almost maximum melee dmg on dummies, never hit over 5.3k with double.
Did u even read what I wrote?
Yea I know what ur saying, it hits double of what ur melee usually hits, but, with melee u can reach maximum or near maximum hit, good luck doing that with double.
I've occasionally hit more dmG with an auto than double shot on my ranger its weird....
That is an example for how horrible fluctuation can happen for even double, compared to melee mostly.

Generally, lowest double hit possible should be highest melee hit possible, and if theres fluctutaion it affects both melee and double at the same ratio, the point that double fluctuates to less dmg than what percentage should mean (if theres 50%-100%, it should be impossible to hit less than 50% yet it happens with double), that means, double doesnt actually stand on double of ur melee dmg (perhaps it doesnt take a certain dmg into account), it actually is probably impossible to reach maximum with double, or barely possible (I havent hit anywhere close to max).

Also, how will shatter effect this? Will shatter allow us to hit more than what the skill cap says? Or will it just make it closer to the skill dmg cap? If it just makes it closer to cap, and the fluctuation is being improved, wouldn't that just make shatter somewhat useless? Hope that all makes sense
All shatter does is remove armor, not resists or evasions.
Shatter will be effected by how often it hits, but not what it does when it hits.
If they fix evasions and resistances this 'should' affect auto damage as well as skills. We can only hope until an item team member comments (or someone from open beta).
Im pretty sure evasions will have no effect on auto damage, the only way to 'evade' auto dmg is defense.
With resistance I think heat/cold/magic resists will effect any heat/cold/magic damage gear you have, but not the direct damage part of it.
Generally, lowest double hit possible should be highest melee hit possible, and if theres fluctutaion it affects both melee and double at the same ratio, the point that double fluctuates to less dmg than what percentage should mean (if theres 50%-100%, it should be impossible to hit less than 50% yet it happens with double), that means, double doesnt actually stand on double of ur melee dmg (perhaps it doesnt take a certain dmg into account), it actually is probably impossible to reach maximum with double, or barely possible (I havent hit anywhere close to max).
I have also seen this happen, and maybe it is tied to my previous statement, is it possible that double attack doesnt include extra heat/cold/magic damage adds?
Server: Fingal
Warrior: 184 DooMeD
Rogue: 92 Timeless Druid: 85 DeMooD Mage: 78 Relevance Ranger: 54 Barrage
Devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 OS Android Lollipop 5.0.2 (Stock)

^I dont think it doesnt take elemental dmg, as I have 660 heat which is 1320 doubled, and Ive hit higher than my x2 my melee - 1320. Perhaps poison, or divine, or buffs (if it takes ur unbuffed melee dmg, then it doesnt include ur frenzy), I believe it doesnt take ur buffs into account.