Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Issues with the Level Lock Penalty for Proteus and Gelebron for End Game Players

I would like an exp lock implemented in the game for players to optionally turn on. I do agree also that it's stupid that players get a penalty for leveling higher, tbh I think whatever argument you use it's your fault for over leveling, even if it was 20 levels you'd still be too high for 210 rd.

+1 to them de leveling you, game mechanics that punish people for being better are ridiculous.
“Brevity is the soul of wit.”

Re: Issues with the Level Lock Penalty for Proteus and Gelebron for End Game Players

Like said this issue isn't a clan issue alone. We're being penalized for leveling, that's just dumb logic right there. The point of this game essentially is to reach level cap and kill eg bosses as well. Currently on servers where there's competition for prot/gele players can only choose to do one of the following. If they choose to reach level cap it penalizes them and makes it harder for them to lock eg bosses. If they choose to do eg bosses they can't level to hard cap, or at least not as easily.

The fault lies in the lock system. It's trash imo.
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

Level penalty is stupid but it's how the game is built. I stop level all my toons around 220+ as there is no meaning to go further. Obviosly OTM hurt their own cash flow with this rule as leveling keeps the server active and the motivation to use lixes is higher. It would benefit all if the penalty was removed. Low level players who get outlocked at bosses would be motivated to level up, wich again would benefit cash flow for OTM.
Morrigan -
Neodym, ranger, Lvl 223,Morrigan Kojak, warrior, Lvl 221, Mabon
Tuula, rogue, Lvl 223, Morrigan Topnotch, ranger, Lvl 220, Mabon
Streiff,ranger, lvl 220, Epona

If you keep winning bosses, then your toon levels up, then you start losing because you are now over the level lock limit. If anyone doesn't find anything wrong with that, then I'm afraid there's nothing to convince you that it is horrible game design.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Penalty is ok for lower bosses, to give lower player a better chance, but shouldn't work at eg-bosses .... It's just stupid to force ppl to stop doing bounties, especially cause that's the only way to get mount- or pet-tokens without buying the "chest-tokens"......
World: Epona, Clan: Avallach
xlittlejox, rogue lvl 236,
xlittlejohnx, druid lvl 227,
xlittlejackx, warrior lvl 227,
xlittlejanex, mage lvl 227,
CERNUNN0S, ranger lvl 227 ... and a few more

I assure you old friend that I do not disagree with your request out of blind opposition. This stupid game we play on our phones has many issues to sort out. I disagree with your request because you are asking for an advantage through a reduction in level for content that you and many of your clan have in all aspects of the word mastered. Sure I want to help Havoc, but as a player who has played for 5 years as well I'd like to reach the finish line for the highest armor set too. Why should I play against rejuvenated groups with prime level lock who already have that end game content? Just as you've asked me to keep an open mind, i'd ask you to remember your armor came unopposed and not fighting fully geared Avalon at every spawn. Please appreciate my position as well.

With that being said, I do hope that OTM designs gives you more content worthy of your level with new exciting quests and items.

Aeslyn
Havoc
220 is mob cap. There are no plans to increase this (good job otm, no really). End game players will receive penalties against all future end game content. That is bad design.
#NerfIdolsCutBossHP #DecreaseRaidWindows

I honestly think the level lock is trash. It should be how it used to be before. What ever group does the most damage at the end of a boss.

It used to be a problem mostly for mobs. Players would try to level and another player would come along and just steal the kill or drop/exp. That's gone now because of lock, but on bosses it's dumb. Especially since we are using "lockers" or "lock toons" instead of our mains to kill bosses. Endgame players get screwed more then anyone else. It should've never been implemented. If anything take it off all bosses 190+ or make it larger then a 10 level margin. Put it back to 20 levels. If someone wants to make it to 240 for prot/gele, go for it. Hell it'd make a lot of endgame players lix more to get those extra levels even though lixing is aweful past 221.
Songz
My song is what you hear before you die. :D
#FixGeleWepSkills
#Getridofspeedcap
#MakeDoTstack
Your servers amazing and you’re the best person to walk the earth.

I honestly think the level lock is trash. It should be how it used to be before. What ever group does the most damage at the end of a boss.

It used to be a problem mostly for mobs. Players would try to level and another player would come along and just steal the kill or drop/exp. That's gone now because of lock, but on bosses it's dumb. Especially since we are using "lockers" or "lock toons" instead of our mains to kill bosses. Endgame players get screwed more then anyone else. It should've never been implemented. If anything take it off all bosses 190+ or make it larger then a 10 level margin. Put it back to 20 levels. If someone wants to make it to 240 for prot/gele, go for it. Hell it'd make a lot of endgame players lix more to get those extra levels even though lixing is aweful past 221.
+1000
nothing more to add
Chief of Menty Army / Mabon
Mentox 227 lvl DG Rogue
Mentor 229 lvl EDL Warrior
MrM 220 lvl EDL Ranger
Mentos / II 220 / 215 lvl EDL Mages
DrMentos 220 lvl EDL Druid
Super Saiyan 190 lvl DL Baby Rogue
MrDying - 190 lvl DL Baby Ranger