Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Advertisement

Simply put advertisements cost money and large large amounts of it.
I was just going to say this. Most don't truly understand the cost of advertising, especially during prime time hours.

Most local businesses like car or furniture business advertise from 2am-4am. That's the cheapest and what they can afford.
Where do sites like Facebook and Google get a huge chuck of their revenue? Yep - advertising, and they earn billions, because it doesn't cost $5.
I think the most likely advertising would be in a banner ad placed on similar game downloads or with companies like nativeX (the one CH uses). These can be highly targeted and cost only a few pennies per download. Targeted adds online don't cost much at all.

I don't think anyone was talking about taking out a 45 second Super Bowl commercial.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Simply put advertisements cost money and large large amounts of it.
I was just going to say this. Most don't truly understand the cost of advertising, especially during prime time hours.

Most local businesses like car or furniture business advertise from 2am-4am. That's the cheapest and what they can afford.
Where do sites like Facebook and Google get a huge chuck of their revenue? Yep - advertising, and they earn billions, because it doesn't cost $5.
Agreed, ch may not be able to afford advertisements just through organic growth. They will need artificial growth and my other posts talks about how to achieve the cash using artificial growth.

What about creating an Adsense advertisement that targets people watching mobile or MMO games on YouTube? Would that be too costly?

Tbh I think YouTube itself could help CH. the only issue is that youtubers have a very very limited amount of content they can release. Advertisements are very very expensive at peak hours, not something OTM can afford atm given that they are not a multi-million ££ company.

I think releasing new horizontal content which can be fun to watch will benefit OTM way more than putting an advertisement on YouTube which 90% of people hit 'skip AD'
Elsroth - 220+ Mage - Clan Avalon

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

Otm should hire a cameo is YouTuber and pay him like 1000£ for a video of him playing CH.
Who knows, he or she may even like CH and start making videos of it because it brought them in a good amount of money
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

OTM could make at least a little bit of EXTRA money if they simply made their own Youtube Channel and posted those little "previews of areas" or Events, OR better yet have a designer sit down for a 2 minute interview and discuss the game! Talk about what's happening, what they plan to do, what their previous plans were. Gives OTM a face AND gives us players more insight into the game.

If they just made a Youtube Channel and posted frequently, they could make a few pounds every week with monetization.
It may not be much, but that few extra pounds doed help. AND it can bring in new players.
Otm should hire a cameo is YouTuber and pay him like 1000£ for a video of him playing CH.
Who knows, he or she may even like CH and start making videos of it because it brought them in a good amount of money
This idea sounds nice, but imagine PewDiePie playing this game..Actually imagine ANYONE playing this game and having to watch them.

*Stabs at Necro for 10 Minutes*
"Yep, just gonna keep stabbi-"
*Dies*
"Well guys I think I'm gonna end the video here."
Would you kindly?

OTM could make at least a little bit of EXTRA money if they simply made their own Youtube Channel and posted those little "previews of areas" or Events, OR better yet have a designer sit down for a 2 minute interview and discuss the game! Talk about what's happening, what they plan to do, what their previous plans were. Gives OTM a face AND gives us players more insight into the game.

If they just made a Youtube Channel and posted frequently, they could make a few pounds every week with monetization.
It may not be much, but that few extra pounds doed help. AND it can bring in new players.
This idea sounds nice, but imagine PewDiePie playing this game..Actually imagine ANYONE playing this game and having to watch them.

*Stabs at Necro for 10 Minutes*
"Yep, just gonna keep stabbi-"
*Dies*
"Well guys I think I'm gonna end the video here."
Most you tubers can speed that up
And I think most of the videos would be of the social aspect and leveling (mostly low levels and sped up 80+)
Idk I can't control youtubers
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

If otm wants to go the YouTube route they can show groups of people playing dicing if they want the aspect of trading items with other people. They can show cool farming area and if they get rare drops they can show that particular footage. Honestly $1000 is a lot of money especially for otm. I would have to see their balance sheets to see if they can even afford that. If they can't they will have to raise money and private investors are a hassle they want a say in anything and everything. They would have to go public and retain most of the equity and there still a lot of costs even reverse merges. None of this can happen unless their balance sheets are healthy enough and since they are a private company they have no obligations to show as we just enjoy the product we are not the investors in it.

"barely has enough to function" Celtic Heroes will still be here for a long time :)

I haven't seen the balance sheets so I'm not sure as I said above :) but considering your a small company I was not sure if you had a ton of profits or not. I meant no offense by that ;)

"barely has enough to function" Celtic Heroes will still be here for a long time :)

I haven't seen the balance sheets so I'm not sure as I said above :) but considering your a small company I was not sure if you had a ton of profits or not. I meant no offense by that ;)
Some people spend over $1000 every event
Wafflez.
(|%}^=