Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Why CH is NOT pay to win

You're confusing 'Pay to win' with 'Pay to play'.
Exactly. Pay to play is the inability to process at all in game without paying money directly. Pay to win is mostly when the things bought by the buyable currency change the whole gameplay. In CH, the plat items are the most needed items, and a person who pays has much higher chances to 'win', thus its a pay to win even if we dont spend the money directly.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

You're confusing 'Pay to win' with 'Pay to play'.
Exactly. Pay to play is the inability to process at all in game without paying money directly. Pay to win is mostly when the things bought by the buyable currency change the whole gameplay. In CH, the plat items are the most needed items, and a person who pays has much higher chances to 'win', thus its a pay to win even if we dont spend the money directly.
This is true however I have played other games where the balance was not as good. Money needs to be made to pay for salaries, unity licensing, servers, etc... Like many have said you can invest time and buy the items from people who are paying. This lets people who don't want to spend money compete and people who don't have a ton of time or don't mind spending money to get reasonably ahead.

Dragon and exhaulted dragon items are still the best weapons and armor and are earned. I've played gsmes where you have to pay real life money to buy a chance at the very best items in game.

Overall it's a good balance in my opinion.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

^ Mage dl and edl is an absolute joke. Druid and warrior isn't the best either.
So what end game equips that are better than all others are purchased with platinum?

Far and away what people equip is dl or now edl. Untill they get full edl people will have a patchwork of alch which is earned.
220+ toons

Toon histogram:

Wyrmbone was better than DL, and the new stat providing equivalent is better than EDL.
So how is that pay to win or even play? You had to collect drops for those or pay a modest amount of gold from a shop depending on what type. Ultimately very few people believe what you do because they vote by wearing and you are outvoted about 20-1.

I give otm lots of credit because there are games where you are almost forced to buy potions that increase the odds of good drops. This game is among the best when it comes at not having to pay money.
220+ toons

Toon histogram:

What are you even talking about lmao. I'm so confused about what points you try and prove, which are irrelevant to what I'm posting.

Someone said DL and EDL was the best armour and I was simply saying it wasn't. Chill lol.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

Nobody has went to 210 without any play items so to me it's pay to win.
WORLD LUGH: CLAN ALLIANCE
Tambo7 215 rogue
EDL armour

Those who never fail are those who never try -Ilka Chase
Baseball is my Life. The rest are just details
The difference between the possible and impossible lies in a person determination-Tommy Lasorda

yeah think of celtic hereos if there was no plat items like lixes,idols and pots and things like no one would be lvl 200+ or kill bosses to even get DL there might be a few really dedicated people who might but i hear people saying its was 4 hours to lvl with lixes at 190 thats like over half a day just lvling if there were no lixes without new update now

the new update may make leveling easier but what would i know im not endgame because i dont like leveling at lvl 50 so how would i ever get to 200
my point is that without these items the game would be alot harder and someone has to pay for them just because you havent cant say its not pay to win and yes it is not pay to play

The way I see it is no one has to spend a penny on plat to win this game, would be so so so much harder and annoying but u don't have to spend a penny. It would take u 4x as long to lvl to end game but it can be done if u work at if, end game bosses can probably be done without plat item too but again it would be a lot harder, I remember when we use to do aggy without any plat items. Mages and druids can provide your regen for anything, as Bourne mentioned u don't have to use idols u could ley all the time. We use plat item to get an advantage over the game. As for pay to win, it doesn't matter who pays for you to win, if someone is paying for you to win wether it's you or some other mug then it's pay to win either way.