Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

DECA Games the holy grail for Celtic Heroes...

... I don't have that much confidence since I readup about DECA after watching this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms5lwYdeBiw

I'm following and watching Josh's content for years now and he always comes over as honest to me.

Conclusion in short: DECA is monetizing RotmG to death, just trying to squeeze out as much money as they can from the current little remaining player base. They could have invested and put effort into development to improve the new player experience and in that way secure a better looking future for that game. But instead they just get more and more aggressive on the monetization, as any long term player will tell you.

After watching that video I read up about RotmG and it made me feel that DECA is not interested in the longevity of this game or to improve the game. They will just monetizing it to death for maximum profit. Once the game inevitably dies they just dump it and buy another game and the cycle begins again.

With this sour taste in my mouth I ask and wonder why would Celtic Heroes be any different..?

Re: DECA Games the holy grail for Celtic Heroes...

There is undoubtedly some truth in the videos and the player complaints for Rotmg. For anyone to say that all development decisions are equally beneficial to the player base is false.
And the change from 1 slave-master to another slave-master so to speak does not make either one less of a slave-master. (It is a metaphor dont censor it)

But the changes and the over all revolution of Rotmg from Kabam Games to Deca Games saved the game in a literal sense. Kabam Games had ENTIRELY abandoned Rotmg with literally NO updates for so long. It would have died if it remained under the same inactive ownership.

This is more akin to Virtual Realms treatment of CH. And Deca Games has yet to release actual real content/updates for CH, but it is still too early to know what direction they may go in.
Virtual Realms was NOT focusing on CH at all. Their weekend game events really on served the purpose of quelling/distracting the concerns of their players and stalling time for updates/lack their of.

I would be more curious to see Deca's Developement and Management of their OTHER Mobile games. Unfortunately I do not play any other mobile games besides CH.
But the player reactions from BEFORE and AFTER Deca's Ownership of any of these mobile games should be a much clearer indicator of their goals/intentions with the game.

From Deca's very inception their motto has been " breathing new life into old games". And while that statement does bring hope to players, it also makes for great marketing for corporate investors and whatever else comes with it.

Deca currently owns and operates the mobile apps :
KNIGHTS & DRAGONS
MODERN WAR
CRIME CITY
KINGDOM AGE
ZOMBIE CATCHERS
DRAGONVALE
ALMOST A HERO
GODS & GLORY
ROBBERY BOB
ROBBERY BOB 2
CASTLE AGE HD
ELVES VS. DWARVES
DRAGONS OF ATLANTIS
HEROES OF CAMELOT
KINGDOMS OF CAMELOT: BATTLE
UNDERWORLD EMPIRE
CALL ME A LEGEND
CALL ME A GANGSTA
HERO HUNTERS
KILL SHOT BRAVO: SNIPER GAME

The sheer amount of games is they own equally impressive and concerning lol. I currently believe in their potential to save the game.

There is no mistake that Virtual Realms would have been content to stop releasing any updates at all for the game until Warhammer Oddysey died.

I think this:
The sheer amount of games is they own equally impressive and concerning lol
is the key thing.

The fact that a single game company maintains ~20 games is a downside, in my opinion. Seeing that list makes me think it'd be nearly impossible to *actively* maintain that many games. It seems to me that the games on that list of games seem like they would just be on life support, sitting in a hospital room, getting checked in from time to time by a doctor.

Now, disclaimer, I haven't played any of those games myself. I don't know what their status is, and what gameplay is like compared to prior to DECA's acquisition of each game.

I think most players would agree that what CH needs is active work done on it - new items, new gameplay features, and even just fixes for various bugs that have been around for years. Can and will DECA do that? Idk. I certainly hope so.
If they just do small things like boss spawn adjustments and new chests with different selections of old items, and other ways of minimal-effort attempting to keep players around, then the game is just gonna continue to slowly die.

We won't know until they settle into it though, so several more months. Hopefully they are better at communicating new updates than OTM/VR was though - players need to be kept hyped up as content is developed...keep feeding us small tidbits here and there, like concept art, official descriptions (even just a sentence or two) of what's coming, and so on. Developer Diaries would be freakin' awesome
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

As a player who has played for years, like many, have left and come back, i remain hopeful that DECA does what this game needs, updates, original content, bug fixes, quality of life. Celtic Heroes is truly one of kind on app/play store, and to screw this up would be such a huge dent on many of us, i've yet to find another app like this and most likely never will.

Don't let us down DECA, you could bring this game back to glory and along the way make some nice coin for a long time, monetize it to death and you will break it.
2Lucky
Nuada
Guardian Of "Shine Of Blood"
Plat Buyer
Player since 2011 XMAS

:wave:

While the topic of Realm isnt really related to CH i understand the concerns. BUT.
A lot of the feedback from Josh was addressed in the past to the Realm Community and its feedback we are getting for a while.

Have a look at : https://www.reddit.com/r/RotMG/comments ... ce_from_a/ from our Lead Game Designer on Realm.
Its an old game that takes time. We are still fully operating and developing Realm with a lot of things over the years. Have a look at recent Updates and you can see that. Our games are not in the so called "maintenance mode".

"After watching that video I read up about RotmG and it made me feel that DECA is not interested in the longevity of this game or to improve the game. They will just monetizing it to death for maximum profit. Once the game inevitably dies they just dump it and buy another game and the cycle begins again."

This is absolutely not the case at least from my point of view as a CM. A lot of the shop ingame is old stuff from back in the days. We have realm for several years now and we are actively building on it. We wouldnt do that if the only reason for us to have it running would be money. The whole team behind it wants the game to succeed. But it takes time and at the same time the game has to make money.

While the topic of Realm isnt really related to CH i understand the concerns. BUT.
A lot of the feedback from Josh was addressed in the past to the Realm Community and its feedback we are getting for a while.

Have a look at : https://www.reddit.com/r/RotMG/comments ... ce_from_a/ from our Lead Game Designer on Realm.
Its an old game that takes time. We are still fully operating and developing Realm with a lot of things over the years. Have a look at recent Updates and you can see that. Our games are not in the so called "maintenance mode".

"After watching that video I read up about RotmG and it made me feel that DECA is not interested in the longevity of this game or to improve the game. They will just monetizing it to death for maximum profit. Once the game inevitably dies they just dump it and buy another game and the cycle begins again."

This is absolutely not the case at least from my point of view as a CM. A lot of the shop ingame is old stuff from back in the days. We have realm for several years now and we are actively building on it. We wouldnt do that if the only reason for us to have it running would be money. The whole team behind it wants the game to succeed. But it takes time and at the same time the game has to make money.
I have faith and hope, may it not be misplaced. We are all counting on you, being let down many times in the past has made us very skeptical, not down to you DECA of course, but please understand our concerns and judgement, trust has been lost and it will take time for it to be brought back.

I suggest highly to listen to feedback, suggestions and implement where possible. QOL and Bug fixes would also have a mega impact on the community, a positive impact.

Thank-you for the hope!
2Lucky
Nuada
Plat Buyer
Player since 2011 XMAS

I have faith and hope, may it not be misplaced. We are all counting on you, being let down many times in the past has made us very skeptical, not down to you DECA of course, but please understand our concerns and judgement, trust has been lost and it will take time for it to be brought back.

I suggest highly to listen to feedback, suggestions and implement where possible. QOL and Bug fixes would also have a mega impact on the community, a positive impact.

Thank-you for the hope!
I seem to remember that virtual Realms had a lot of words to say about the future of Celtic Heroes.
And yet here we are again.
So many pretty words and yet my server is dead.

Spare me.

Thank-you for the hope!
I seem to remember that virtual Realms had a lot of words to say about the future of Celtic Heroes.
And yet here we are again.
So many pretty words and yet my server is dead.

Spare me.
Understood, but pessimism won't do anyone any favours, like i already said, we are very skeptical and untrusting and they must earn it back.

Third times a charm, as they say
2Lucky
Nuada
Plat Buyer
Player since 2011 XMAS