Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Hit a roadblock at Lv. 150, want advice for progression

Hiyo, been playing Celtic Heroes on and off for a few years and managed to get my first Lv. 150 character (a druid!) about a week before this post. Since that point, getting my character any further up has been very slow and the rewards it's showing in the near future don't seem too exciting. My build's one that focuses on Bark, Touch, Embrace, and Vines with the remaining points in Breath, with the goal of being a good toon for others to lix with, as well as being survivable and energy efficient for doing repeatable quests. It's worked well until 150, but now it's created some large problems for me:

1 - The repeatable quests that helped get me to 150 in the time I was outside of group lixing no longer give any notable experience, meaning regular mob grinding is now the way to level, which is very slow because my only offense is Vines.
2 - Clannies from my two clans (TheReal and recently Forever) are either very underleveled compared to me or are in Gelebron's Tower, which I can't access due to being underleveled for the quest to access it, meaning I rarely get opportunities to group lix (which my build is based on), and I don't feel I'm worth random people's time to ask for others to level with.
3 - The (Ancient) Beastbone armor set I was planning to use once I hit 156 doesn't offer anything I'd be particularly interested in. All it would give over full Frozen with my setup would be a bit more armor and power behind Nature's Touch. The vendor gear seems so much better because it gives raw focus, but it's not something I could really afford.

Should I alt and change what skills I focus in to be better for soloing, do I put more effort into finding groups to lix with, is there an avenue for leveling that I'm missing out on, and/or is there a bigger problem I don't see?
World: Rosmerta

Talentless F2P - Lv. 207 Druid
F2P Trash - Lv. 159 Warrior
Clan member of Oasis and TheReal

Re: Hit a roadblock at Lv. 150, want advice for progression

I’m not particularly familiar with Druids (yet), but I’ve hit that “roadblock” as well so here is what I suggest based on what I’ve experienced:

This is a great time to do some lixing. I know that solo leveling a Druid is hard, considering it’s focused more on support. There are dps Druids, but unfortunately I have no experience and hardly any knowledge in that. That being said, I would suggest finding a good lix partner somewhere between level 145-155. A partner helps regardless of what class you are. I know you said that most people in your clan are either a lower or higher level than you but I’m pretty sure it’s acceptable to find a partner outside of your clan if you can find one.
As for armor, I would suggest working toward the dl armor set (but again, I’m not familiar with Druids so if a more well-seasoned player has better advice in this please comment in). Depending on your clan’s rules you should be able to get the drops you need from its bank/chieftain.
After that, once you get to 170/175 you can start doing floorbosses and have the option to buy the alchemical armor set in the Bridge of Despair. At 180 you can work toward edl in the Infernal Armouries. [EDIT: I’m sorry I got this bit of info wrong lol. You can start getting edl in the Bridge of Despair as well... Armouries I believe is more floor bosses, lixing and working toward getting to the next area.]

Unfortunately I can’t offer information on skills and gear apart from the questline’s sets. But I hope this helps! Pretty sure an experienced Druid should pop up into this thread to give you advice on all that.
Last edited by Angmar Reid on Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Angmar Reid—Herne—169 Warrior
RagingRedhead—Danu—186 Warrior (currently more active)
I don’t rage quit, I ginger snap.

Firstly, congratulations on 150! Secondly while my first ever toon in ch was a Druid I’m far from an authority. Angmar is correct in that the best way to lix and thus lvl is with a partner or a group, although in your case as you’ll have to group someone outside of your clan I’d check with your clan leaders that this is acceptable behavior (I’ve never known it not to be but no harm in checking).
Skills and stats. The Druid I’m working on atm is a full focus build (all stat points in focus), and uses bark to buff armour to stay upright. I’ve solo lvled him using roots, lightning strike, vines and swarm. It’s not fast but then again druids never are. Again Angmar is correct in that working towards dl is the way to go, not only do your skills get a nice little boost but do does your focus.
I’ve also found the in ch just like life it’s better not to focus on the end goal but to break it down into smaller more achievable steps (ie 5 lvls at a time). Buying gear before u can use it is also a great way to motivate yourself, you’ll want to equip it and you get a reward for getting to a certain lvl.
Most importantly don’t lose heart, druids are by far the slowest class to lvl (at least when solo lvling) but they are also one of the most powerful solo classes in the game. And everyone likes a Druid when it’s boss time ;)
Hope that helps in some way.
Warrior Anavrin 217
Rogue Instant Tickles 210
Druid JimmyTheGripper 185
Ranger JillTheRipper 190

I'm leveling a druid atm same level as u at 153. U hit the nail on the head with the last point, gonna have to respec or try harder to find a group but personally I'd respec bc it's not easy to find a lvling group all the time and with the right setup it's as easy as any other class I find, maybe a little slower but not too much. Just make sure u got enough vit a lot of druids don't do this even in a group and die very easily (druids I've leveled with on other classes have anyway). I've got the lvl 100 quest armor from other world which seems to be OK with a dps winds build but am working on beastbone for the next armor, not bothered with warden armor etc yet. Skills I use are winds vines lightning touch and storm, 3.5k hp and 4k energy and uses just a offhand weapon to do damage between skill cooldowns. She's not in a clan yet so the gear she got is easy obtainable for anyone. This gives me great survivability with good dps and can also hold her own in a group.

Oh and if u do go for winds which is what I suggest u should get yourself atleast a +4 ring and have points in dex or else it's not that great

Thanks for the feedback! Since my initial post, I've made some considerations on what to do with my druid:

-The future quest armor sets druids get all power up Lighting Strike and Nature's Touch, meaning if I have them in my new main skill set I won't have to adjust them for future builds. Winds/Bark is also imperative for defense against auto attacks, and since Dragonlord boots power up Bark and I have a really good ring for that already, this means Lightning, Bark, and Touch would be my 3 main skills if I used an alt book.
-Nature's Breath, in retrospect, was overkill and very energy inefficient even for group leveling. If I wanted to heal multiple group members, spreading Touch and Nature's Embrace to everyone was effective enough. I also usually avoided using Embrace on the guy who initiated the most, as Embrace makes mobs that aggro that player automatically switch towards you, the druid. Lv. 1 Calm helped fix this if the mob was already being attacked, but it's still sometimes a problem.
-I had Strangling Vines as my main offense because it had a better mana-to-damage ratio than Lightning, which mattered because energy management sucked back at lower levels. However, now I have 105 energy a tick from luxury (Dynamic Perceptor Pendant of Perception was well worth the 750k), which I can increase by 50 more with cooked fish in case I need more energy, so having both Lightning and Vines could be perfectly fine.
-I've been spending a heck of a lot of my free time just fishing, and it's not just because of recent trouble grouping; the minimal maintenance of it, along with the energy meals, small bits of platinum for inventory and bank space, and loads of gold from the unique fish have made it worth my time. I have ~450k floating and I plan to save it for just the right big purchase.

I still want a second opinion on my plans before I follow though; mainly if should max Vines or Embrace, and if I should really invest into soloing.
World: Rosmerta

Talentless F2P - Lv. 207 Druid
F2P Trash - Lv. 159 Warrior
Clan member of Oasis and TheReal

Thanks for the feedback! Since my initial post, I've made some considerations on what to do with my druid:

-The future quest armor sets druids get all power up Lighting Strike and Nature's Touch, meaning if I have them in my new main skill set I won't have to adjust them for future builds. Winds/Bark is also imperative for defense against auto attacks, and since Dragonlord boots power up Bark and I have a really good ring for that already, this means Lightning, Bark, and Touch would be my 3 main skills if I used an alt book.
-Nature's Breath, in retrospect, was overkill and very energy inefficient even for group leveling. If I wanted to heal multiple group members, spreading Touch and Nature's Embrace to everyone was effective enough. I also usually avoided using Embrace on the guy who initiated the most, as Embrace makes mobs that aggro that player automatically switch towards you, the druid. Lv. 1 Calm helped fix this if the mob was already being attacked, but it's still sometimes a problem.
-I had Strangling Vines as my main offense because it had a better mana-to-damage ratio than Lightning, which mattered because energy management sucked back at lower levels. However, now I have 105 energy a tick from luxury (Dynamic Perceptor Pendant of Perception was well worth the 750k), which I can increase by 50 more with cooked fish in case I need more energy, so having both Lightning and Vines could be perfectly fine.
-I've been spending a heck of a lot of my free time just fishing, and it's not just because of recent trouble grouping; the minimal maintenance of it, along with the energy meals, small bits of platinum for inventory and bank space, and loads of gold from the unique fish have made it worth my time. I have ~450k floating and I plan to save it for just the right big purchase.

I still want a second opinion on my plans before I follow though; mainly if should max Vines or Embrace, and if I should really invest into soloing.
Awesome! Good luck with your Druid and happy hunting—er, fishing. ;)
Angmar Reid—Herne—169 Warrior
RagingRedhead—Danu—186 Warrior (currently more active)
I don’t rage quit, I ginger snap.

Probably should point out that energy sigils are a must especially for a druid. That 750k u spend on the ammy could of got u considerably more energy regen and you'd have space free for more damage or armor gear. Might not be a bad idea to spend the remaining gold if u wanted on them, personally I would even resell the army to buy sigils. Honestly they help loads, was the best investment I've made, even in the market for some more. Just wish the boxes was sold in the shop for plat the single ones be too expensive

For my first druid that i levelled solo, i used root build until about 155-160. From there it is way too inconsistent and i would recommend a winds build. Believe i used LS, ST, vines, bees, winds with extra points in bark and 5-6k health and some points in dex for survivability. Obviously this not the best dps build but is best way i found to solo. Good luck!
Danu - retired
Nuada - Apex
Sulis - Toxic

Hi bud..

A respec is deffo needed as others have said.. Try and get a lvl 140 lux regen necky with a few lvl 100/140 regen rings if poss.. The regen lux sword helped me a lot in offhand.

Solo leveling build

Max points in bark.. 3/4 lightning.. Storm and vines if poss make sure your main heal hasn't got too many points in (uses too much energy) put about half in and try... Rest of points go into embrace.

Get a bear mount (this is a must) and a pig pet helps.

That should do you until you get higher and find its better swapping the embrace points and putting into swarm.. Elixers and pig will cover the embrace skill.

Hope some of this helps.. I did nearly all my 224 levels solo and it can be a pain but it's not as hard if you just don't count the xp lixes your using ;)