Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Guide for lower lvl non plat players

(This guide is based on being a ranger but some points can be accomplished with other classes)

So I personally enjoy CH quite a lot and started playing it about 5 years ago. I have not bought any plat during my five years of play. The start was actually pretty tough for me to pass by compared to those who may buy plat to get things like a hero ammy or other lux. I did make it past the starting point, and wanted to share tips on how to be able to become an effective player without buying plat.

Tip 1: Class

So one of the things that may have you spend a lot of gold or save you gold is your class choice. Every class has its use but not every class may require you to spend the same amount. Personally, I would choose the ranger for multiple of reasons.

1. Light heal - Ranger is the second best healing class after druids due to this skill. It heals you quite substantially which may save lots of restos late game, can be cast in battle and gets better with dex, an attribute just about every ranger uses [forced upon us as there is no str skills ;( ]
2. Lux needed - If you played a bit at lower lvls, you will find out that lux is op at low lvls. A lvl 10 with lux can literally kill a lvl 30 without lux in a duel. What does the ranger have to do with this? Well, the ranger practically only needs one piece of lux to get him/her going. Specifically, the lvl 50 quiver. It adds elemental damage, health, energy, dex and regen. Other classes usually need an offhand and a hero ammy to get regen and damage while the ranger only needs one.
3. Bolas - Not quite useful till around lvl 50 but will play a major part in how to get your first lux item later in the guide.
4. Ranged dmg - Having long range on auto attacks does not quite seem useful until late game where you can avoid most aoe, saving you quite a lot of idols and/or restos.

Tip 2: How to get your first lux item

So lux items are pretty necessary at low and mid lvls. They make your life so much easier and may help you get more lux, snowballing into getting more lux later on. So how to get your first lux item to get the ball rolling? Here is what I did and you can do.

Get to lvl 45-50 and have bolas be able to hit lvl 50+. Then go to fingals and kill 5* bears for rings and tomes. If you don’t know where those bears are, look on youtube or google it. If you get to the spot and there is no 5* bears there, kill the one that stands in the place where the bear would be. If the bear is there, kill the two smaller bears quietly without attracting the attention of the 5* bear and then bolas the 5* bear. Don’t cast any other skills and preserve energy for another bolas when the first one wears out. Make sure to run away so the bear does not kill you, preferably inside the cave. After you kill it, sell what it dropped. Greater rings may sell for around 2-3k, grand rings may sell 4-6k and royal rings may sell 8-15k, with tomes being around 6k unless double attack which may go for insane prices depending on your server. Keep doing this until you got to 150k and then start shouting that you are buying a quiver in the castle, and eventually, someone will sell you it, although it may not happen on the first day.
Note: Cooking dishes may help with killing the bear
Note: Not many people usually farm fingals so the prices may be better due to lack of supply versus the demand.
Additional option is to fish. It requires a bit of investment, specifically if you plan to us xp lixs or buy the items for a bear but it will become profitable as soon as you can fish in shalemont (min around lvl 70 in fishing I think).

Additional tips:
1. Do not bother with the regen rings or braces until you have either your hero ammy or your quiver. The braces together only add 10 regen and cost the same as a hero ammy, losing you 10 points of regen. Or a quiver losing you 5 points of regen and a substantial amount of dmg.

2. Don’t bother too much with armor, as the different things from shops are not too much better than starter gear. Mostly due to the fact that rangers/mages/druids/rouges don’t need too much armor and a 50% increase in armor may only increase your armor by like 50 at low lvls, making it not worth it. (Does not apply to warrior)

3. Do not buy fashion. Yes, fashion may look cool but it does not add dmg or make your life easier. The only thing it may do is make you feel better, adding motivation but that motivation may cost like 10k if you get the cheapest (assuming smugglers).

4. Don’t forget to do your daily bounties and get hunters pledges to increase the amount you can do (max of 6). Assuming that you are unlucky every day, you will at minimum be getting a 50k item every 4 days. That being the purple token that can be gotten through 25 normal orange tokens. The purple token is basically a mount/pet token, which are both worth around 50k on average.

5. Don’t stop lvling, the higher your lvl, the easier it is to get gold. At around lvl 110, you can do bosses that can give up to 15k gold (without lucky gold), and there are more than 10 of them, although not all soloable at lvl 110. (you may require restos to solo them)

6. If you don’t have other lux items, don’t buy the 100 quiver and keep your lvl 50 quiver. The lvl 100 quiver is not that much better and loses you 100 hp/energy which is more impactful than it may seem.

7. Join a clan! While you can probably play the game entirely without a clan, it will become really expensive as you go on. If you get your clans help, you can save on millions in the late game or a couple of thousands in the early game.

8. Don't gamble!!! This is probably the easiest way to lose all your work in a couple of seconds.

9. Preserve! Don't think that this guide will get you rich in a couple of hours. I had to do this continuously for about a week before I got my quiver

(This is how I got going in the game without buying plat and hope it will help others although not everyone might have the exact same experience as me according to the guide)

Vini, Vidi, Vici (I came, I saw, I conquered) - Julius Caesar
An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, and evil for evil - Rei Ogami

Re: Guide for lower lvl non plat players

Hmm... Pretty good guide.

As a non-plat myself that had to go through this, Id probably say the cheapest class is mage though. They get free incombat energy regen, and energy shield, so hp/mp regen isnt really needed. The weapon a mage uses doesnt impact their damage by much either, allowing them to even opt out of having one. Mage armor in general is bad, so you could just not get it if you opt to. Also, if you use no mainhand/offhand, and any of the shadow-line armor, youll have 0 weight and get the full 6.25 energy per focus point. My rags to riches series is a pretty good guide on non-plat mage leveling.

Additionally, merching is probably the best thing you can do to make gold as a non-plat, but you may need some startup gold, which can easily be acquired by fishing, or more slowly by leveling(but you are killing 2 birds with 1 stone so its a good idea too).
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

Hmm... Pretty good guide.

As a non-plat myself that had to go through this, Id probably say the cheapest class is mage though. They get free incombat energy regen, and energy shield, so hp/mp regen isnt really needed. The weapon a mage uses doesnt impact their damage by much either, allowing them to even opt out of having one. Mage armor in general is bad, so you could just not get it if you opt to. Also, if you use no mainhand/offhand, and any of the shadow-line armor, youll have 0 weight and get the full 6.25 energy per focus point. My rags to riches series is a pretty good guide on non-plat mage leveling.

Additionally, merching is probably the best thing you can do to make gold as a non-plat, but you may need some startup gold, which can easily be acquired by fishing, or more slowly by leveling(but you are killing 2 birds with 1 stone so its a good idea too).
Agree what you said about how cheap a mage can be except their skills usually cost a bit early like fire storm or ice/fire attune. Although that cost does not outdo the gold saved from armor and weapons. About merching, I did not include that in the guide because you should have played this game for quite a while to be an effective merchant. So merching is very effective at higher tiers where 50k does not do much compared to early game where 50k could prob get you 10+ lvls or so (estimation)

Vini, Vidi, Vici (I came, I saw, I conquered) - Julius Caesar
An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, and evil for evil - Rei Ogami

A good income of gold when first starting out could be finding bounty pledges and selling them.

Bounty pledges are often bought by a lot of people, and if you could memorize where they spawn and spawn time, you could easily rake up some easy gold. Although you might need to use a travel elixer, it’s a pretty convenient way to earn some gold since bounty pledges are often in high demand.

The AH made it a 1000x more easier to get gold, it's redicuals how easy it is now compared to pre-auction CH. Look for your best sellers on that server and under cut everyone for a quick sale.

One mistake I see people make when farming gold from mobs is there choosing mobs that takes them several hits to kill, if someone's reading this and chooses to farm gold this way u want to be in a place its taking u no more than 3 hits to kill something with no waiting around from mob to mob. U can actually make good gold this way no matter what u chose to farm on. I just wish mobs spawned a little faster.

On my ladder warrior Ive fished and gotten a lot of gold that way, either through nodens, rings or especially relics. Not to mention the lockboxes are nice (easy way to get some pots, idols, such) and the shimmering waters fish give much more gold than anything else at those lvls (summer flounder 400 gold).
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex