Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: My journey to End Game without spending Money

I have yet to buy plat and I'm close to 215. I find the grind unbearable. It takes more dicipline and patience than I can muster. I started the game December of 2012 and back then the most crippling things were small inventory space and lack of active regen and or sigils I use to have max bandage and meditation. When I was leveling near a leystone I would kill a single mob and run off to tavern over and over. They really have made the game so much easier leveling wise and I really appreciate that. I had a lv4 silver dog that I got from bounties alone and sold it because of its dissapointing hits on bosses. Then I got a bunny and started on a battlemount. My bunny is lv5 and my bear is lv3 both are high tiers. I think it's important to note that a lv6 low tier takes the same amount of tokens as a lv4 high tier. I would say that because the grind for a pet is so long I would rather do a high tier to be done and over with it at max. You won't have to throw away your work. You'd have the best version of what's available to you. Only if they release a better version would you then have to restart. If there weren't means to level beside lixes I'd be a way lower level. Constantly grinding for gold to spend all your money on lixes several times over gets tiresome. Lixing itself gets tiresome too. It's taken me far longer than a year with thousands of hours into the game.

I have yet to buy plat and I'm close to 215. I find the grind unbearable. It takes more dicipline and patience than I can muster. I started the game December of 2012 and back then the most crippling things were small inventory space and lack of active regen and or sigils I use to have max bandage and meditation. When I was leveling near a leystone I would kill a single mob and run off to tavern over and over. They really have made the game so much easier leveling wise and I really appreciate that. I had a lv4 silver dog that I got from bounties alone and sold it because of its dissapointing hits on bosses. Then I got a bunny and started on a battlemount. My bunny is lv5 and my bear is lv3 both are high tiers. I think it's important to note that a lv6 low tier takes the same amount of tokens as a lv4 high tier. I would say that because the grind for a pet is so long I would rather do a high tier to be done and over with it at max. You won't have to throw away your work. You'd have the best version of what's available to you. Only if they release a better version would you then have to restart. If there weren't means to level beside lixes I'd be a way lower level. Constantly grinding for gold to spend all your money on lixes several times over gets tiresome. Lixing itself gets tiresome too. It's taken me far longer than a year with thousands of hours into the game.

Great comments Xsyklz

What I take away from it is that the game has gotten easier over time to level and succeed. When I started bounties were already in the game and I think pets got added in the same release. Gear was probably much better and more available to buy from other players then when you started in 2012. Not to mention I imagine there are many many more zones and different things to kill compared to 2012. Some of the changes since I started playing include Battlemounts, Bounties providing Tokens for every bounty, and more recently the Auction house and the leveling curve change. Both of which should make it even easier for new players to succeed without spending any, or a great deal of money.

Had I played back in 2012 I most likely would have quit, if leveling was so painfully slow that you had to run back to the tavern between mobs. I experienced that kind of grind leveling back in the Everquest days of early 2000 and I would not want to go back to it. My first character in that game was a wizard. I would kill a mob and meditate for 5 to 10 minutes which literally meant your character sat down and looked at a book. Your screen changed to the inside of that book and thats all you could see. Take a look at the picture below. Imagine looking at that for 5 to 10 minutes between each kill.

Good job and congrats Nylak. :) I remember talking with sk8 about you before he joined braves. One of his first concerns was always how things would affect you. He really did all he could to help you out. From what I can recall of boss battles with you, back when forsaken and DragonSouls worked together, you're a great ranger with decent dps and bolas. I'm glad you are enjoying your new clan. Just don't forget your roots.
Liv Arronheln 215
Chieftain of DragonSouls
Arawn
”One day, you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again.”

Great comments Xsyklz

What I take away from it is that the game has gotten easier over time to level and succeed. When I started bounties were already in the game and I think pets got added in the same release. Gear was probably much better and more available to buy from other players then when you started in 2012. Not to mention I imagine there are many many more zones and different things to kill compared to 2012. Some of the changes since I started playing include Battlemounts, Bounties providing Tokens for every bounty, and more recently the Auction house and the leveling curve change. Both of which should make it even easier for new players to succeed without spending any, or a great deal of money.

Had I played back in 2012 I most likely would have quit, if leveling was so painfully slow that you had to run back to the tavern between mobs. I experienced that kind of grind leveling back in the Everquest days of early 2000 and I would not want to go back to it. My first character in that game was a wizard. I would kill a mob and meditate for 5 to 10 minutes which literally meant your character sat down and looked at a book. Your screen changed to the inside of that book and thats all you could see. Take a look at the picture below. Imagine looking at that for 5 to 10 minutes between each kill.
Yeah If I started now and I still had my persistence to wait minutes per kill i'd be fine. I feel used up. It's a drastic difference to have readily available lixes and gold specially during double plat than to have to use up all your efforts in getting them on top of getting regular permanent shop lux for regen or to buy sigs. I dont blame anyone for buying plat who otherwise hadn't in a long time or ever and It really should be that way. Players should be incentivized to buy plat, it was just so much more so back then. I'll be losing my platless badge soon enough.

Xsyklz

If I can offer a suggestion. Once you hit 215 your already on the last floor of the tower and you can participate in any end game fight currently available in the game. Essentially the grind is over. Yes it helps to get those extra few levels and hit 220 but the urgency in my opinion is gone.

If you are not already doing so I would suggest going to the auction house and buying 100 Bounty Pledges. On my server they go for 1k each. At your level each bounty gives at least 1k and the elites give more like 4k. Do the max bounties each day and you will actually start to make money. If you do nothing but max bounties each day it will take you probably 7 to 10 days per level depending on how many elites you get. If you want to do it a bit faster try to get a group and do dailies on F5 and F6, and get Killian once a day.

No grinding, no buying exp lixes and you are still progressing.

On a typical day It takes me max about 30 to 45 minutes to complete all bounties. Some days I never leave the bounty board and I finish them all because I have the items saved up. Anytime I run to Unox for example I kill any forbidden chests along the way. If I get a bounty for mobs on F5 I kill forbidden chests along the way. That way when those bounties come up you instantly complete them.

Yeah If I started now and I still had my persistence to wait minutes per kill i'd be fine. I feel used up. It's a drastic difference to have readily available lixes and gold specially during double plat than to have to use up all your efforts in getting them on top of getting regular permanent shop lux for regen or to buy sigs. I dont blame anyone for buying plat who otherwise hadn't in a long time or ever and It really should be that way. Players should be incentivized to buy plat, it was just so much more so back then. I'll be losing my platless badge soon enough.
I used to think and feel this way in 2011/2012, my ranger was pretty bad and I was broke 99% of the time.

However...

When I started furyion within 1 year I went from a nobody with 10k to the richest player on lugh and the strongest ice mage of all servers(not anymore lol, but I did hold it a little over half a year). But then I quit being a mage and focused on collecting rares and pvp.

My number 1 most important tip for anyone going non-plat. Learn merching. Plain and simple, it has gotten me so far and I didn't even expect to have 1% of what I have today. I'm serious, merching is the answer.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

You leveled up to end game in one year!? Lol I played this game since 2011 and I still have not reached end game then again I keep going on hiatus due to how poor I always am in game trying to get lixes. So most of the time, I level without lixes and let me tell you how much of a pain in the butt it was to level. I am on hiatus right now waiting for more content. *Cough cross-server, crafting cough*
~I'mdead~