Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Morrigan is down

Morrigan has been brought down while we investigate the issue, it will be down for the next few hours. Sorry for the disruption.
Could you post a warning like: FYI morrigan will be up in X minutes. So we can have a chance to compete instead of mindlessly refreshing the forums and the game hoping its up for hours.

Just start Morrigan at 12 noon BST on Monday like a normal reset. Then OTM isn't pressured to fix something within hours especially when it's past 2am there. Take your time, or maybe go back to sleep and do it right in the morning. Schedule an ETA and players won't have to switch from camping bosses to camping servers.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

I was on when Mordris spawned. I spent a few seconds calling it in clan chat and GroupMe and then immediately started trying to log my second device. So the login problem started pretty much instantly.

I was watching the area list populate with a few people even as I could not get in on my second device. There weren't many people who made it in once Mord spawned and within moments no no one was getting in.

I did send an in-game support ticket shortly after the problem started and about the time it got totally logjammed, so there should be some time stamp from that.
Ta 180 Druid, Keri 191 Mage, June 102 Warrior, Rex 182 Rogue
Proud AvaloNian

While I think it's commendable that OTM stayed up past 3am their time to fix a server issue, not giving players any type of ETA or at least schedule an up time so we don't have to wait several hours, or over night is quite irresponsible and is another failure of customer service. Communication is the key.

Morrigan is now back up, sorry for the disruption, we will continue to look at login and server issues as a top priority.
I'm assuming nothing was fixed yet. Login is a bit slower now so I'm guessing some trace config or log fence was changed to write more information to the logs and see what exactly is going on?