Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: What is the rationale for delaying heals

Currently. It takes around 7 seconds to cast Touch. From press to heal. In that time a boss can cast buffs, AOEs, a succession of high dealing skills, or anything else that may suddenly kill the tank faster than expected.

I understand and appreciate the want for skill and timing in the support role, however with such a long casting time (dial + delay) and the randomizations of boss AI, timing heals has become a practice based on chance, not skill.
When I timed it it averaged 7 seconds cool down and 3.25 seconds cast time for 10.25 seconds from heal to heal and 3.25 seconds from press to heal.

The beta has 8 seconds cool down and 2.25 seconds from press to heal (same 10.25s) which is about 2/3 the current lag (cast time). With cd reduce gear your total cast to cast time can be nearly 1/3 second faster or around a 3% buff to cd reduce gear boosts.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Re: What is the rationale for delaying heals

@swan
Yes something needs to be done with Druids. The touch buff that may make it into the live game is a good step, it makes natures touch feel more like a ranger heal in speed. I'm guessing we won't get a further buff.

The only benefit Druids have over other classes is the best damage reduction support and heals. However the way things stand now Druids aren't needed or wanted in my world except for a few bosses. Only some edl 6*, Necro (barely), Gelebron and proteus. Mordris can now be done cleanly without any Druids as tanks don't really need heals or buffs. Two tanks and a few idols and you never even lose aggro. So until you are level 215 you feel neglected and even then, even if you have great gear, you don't feel important.

It's not easy leveling solo, Druids are the worst class by a good measure. Just try to level with people as most often they will not want to level with a Druid, esp if on combos. I'm not saying Druids should level fast but they aren't needed for leveling others or many bosses.

The vast majority give up when they cast their skills before level 10, realize the energy is gone after hopefully at least 1 mob and there is no reasonable way to get it back. They either quit the game or pick an auto class like rogue.
I cant believe how much I agree with you, you are 100%, right and nicely worded. There is a reason for the low Druid population!!'