Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Chest RNG?

Chest are completely random , just pray to the RN JESUS that you get something good . Think the ofds of a mythic mount is like 1 percent so dont think your going to geton just becuase yoh spent 200$ on chests . You can open 5000 chests and you still might not get one even then . Sadly :/

craftin is what we neeeed :)
I'm looking to change the perception of people and all of the beautiful things that it brings,-Exe2k15
Executive of Epona
Beetlejuice of Donn
Clan: Concordiia
Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1strz ... vH82nKhe4Q

I hate the drop rate of a mount. It makes me so mad. OTM must be making a bit of cash to be making the chests a complete gamble. I have spent in total about $3000 in a year. Never in my whole time here have I ever had a 100% mount or full effect fash drop from any chests. I started playing on samhain 2014. Other games like order and chaos have a good chest system. You can buy $200 worth of runes and end up getting something really good from the chests. Why can't this game be like that? I hate how the chests are so rigged on here. Fix them damn it!

I hate the drop rate of a mount. It makes me so mad. OTM must be making a bit of cash to be making the chests a complete gamble. I have spent in total about $3000 in a year. Never in my whole time here have I ever had a 100% mount or full effect fash drop from any chests. I started playing on samhain 2014. Other games like order and chaos have a good chest system. You can buy $200 worth of runes and end up getting something really good from the chests. Why can't this game be like that? I hate how the chests are so rigged on here. Fix them damn it!
i have spent no money on the game and easily have the cash to buy a 100% mount, why is there a need to spend so much money on this game?
Oderint Dum Metuant.

Solution, don't open chests just sell them. Better to work towards a definanate goal then to go all or nothing. You can even save chests from previous events and sell them later for profit.

Or you can do what I do and collect chests for fun.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (222.49 KiB) Viewed 1571 times
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

I've opened over 6000 chests since the first event. I got 1 ancient and 1 legendary dragonstaff among the first 1000 chests, and not a single one since. Opened 3000 chests last summer without getting a single glider, and 1500 during frostguard event without a mount (plus another 500 during 2013 summer after getting my dragonstaffs). So about 5000 chests in a row without even an ancient mount. I'm sure the drop rate for mythic is much lower than 1 percent lmao. Probably in the .01-.1 percent chance.

My personal theory is that there is a list of numbers 1-10000, let's say. And each number corresponds to a certain drop. So 1=mythic mount, 2-4=legendary, 5-10=fabled, etc, 1000-1800= bank expansions, 1801-2000= combos, 2001=2500=knowledge lix, etc. And every time you open a chest it rolls a random number between 1-10000 and gives you the drop that corresponds to the number. Makes the most sense to me; I can't imagine otm using a complex algorithm that changes drop rate as a function of time or the frequency of chests opening.
Level 220 mage- InnerCircle of Rhiannon
Necro, proteus, unox kills :D
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=runvs

why is there a need to spend so much money on this game?
It is a business, not a charity, and a business' objective is to earn as much profit as they can so they can pay their employees and bills.
There is a fine line between making a game interesting and rewarding enough for players to keep playing and paying versus making the game into a cash cow that would frustrate players so that they end up quitting or stop buying plat at all.

OTM has been threading that line that's why there are still plenty of players sticking around after 3+ years, but I bet CH plat buyers have gone down in the last couple years. The horse mounts will surely bring some plat buyers back.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

why is there a need to spend so much money on this game?
It is a business, not a charity, and a business' objective is to earn as much profit as they can so they can pay their employees and bills.
There is a fine line between making a game interesting and rewarding enough for players to keep playing and paying versus making the game into a cash cow that would frustrate players so that they end up quitting or stop buying plat at all.

OTM has been threading that line that's why there are still plenty of players sticking around after 3+ years, but I bet CH plat buyers have gone down in the last couple years. The horse mounts will surely bring some plat buyers back.
Good job completely ignoring the rest of my post...
Oderint Dum Metuant.