Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Where the noobies go?

I would agree that the main reason there aren't many newer players is because of the high lvl cap. Lots of people say that its the same for new players as for old players, and thats true. However, its all the psychology of it. Its one thing to start with a lvl cap of 60, then have it change to 150, then 190, then 230. It is completely different to start with a lvl cap of 230. People just get discouraged from playing, especially after seeing how hard it is to hit just level 90 or so (as a person who isn't able to sit down for 4 hours at a time and play).
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Leveling, by itself, is just part of it. Combine with it that by the time you are done with the darkness released quest line, you have enough gold to afford the cheap weapon from the Shalemont vendor. Those weapons do the jobs by the time you get to Stonevale, but buying something from there would help you lvl faster and you wouldn't be able to afford it unless you have done some serious farming. By that time, your armor (probably didn't have enough for the shalemont stuff after buying the weapon) is barely good enough. Forget about buying any lux unless you have bought plat.

Not having the lux adds frustration with waiting time between mobs. Unless you are a druid, you can't regain hp back without some down time and if you are a druid, you already having energy regen issues at this time.

All of this can be frustrating to a new player who is trying to figure out how many others seem to manage this all when they can't seem to.
Beware the chickens, they are duplicitous.

Personally, as much as I think the tower levels are cool, I have barely played in a while. I just can't bring myself to pop lix and grind for hours on end. I have more than enough lix but the only reward for leveling seems to be the opportunity to pop more lix and continue to grind. I have been playing since December 2011 and have spent a considerable amount of money since then and I'm starting to get discouaged.

My hope is now that they have the new engine more or less stable and have some "lessons learned" deploying content for both platforms simultaneously, they will have a chance to take a step back and decide where they want the game to go and how to keep players while they get there. With that said, perma-grind is not a destination.
Lag: Rogue of Mabon
iLag, uLag, WeAllLag

Now a days there are a bunch of alts that are like lvl 20 with full lux and ancient armor and magic blades.
the nubs see this not knowing they are alts and think they can do that.
they soon figure out how game works and stop at lvl 60 in stonevale because it all becomes to challenging.
Hogana (Retired)
I creep around the forums.

Now a days there are a bunch of alts that are like lvl 20 with full lux and ancient armor and magic blades.
the nubs see this not knowing they are alts and think they can do that.
they soon figure out how game works and stop at lvl 60 in stonevale because it all becomes to challenging.
Pretty accurate

I agree, there seems to be a lack of new ambitious players. I am sure the 230 level cap is overwhelming to a new player. I can imagine a new player who grinds 100 to 150 levels now a days is pretty discouraged knowing they have another 100 tough levels to get to reach eg.

If you were 180+ at the update it feels feasable but a new player has a pretty steep hill to climb. No doubt it discourages new customers from investing.

Maybe in time people will start to gain some ground but it does seem like otm had designed the update with current customers in mind rather then potential new ones.
Pffft, Cecil your a Noob!
Epona
Clan: Supreme
Typhoonie - Rogue 221
Lugh
Clan: Supreme
Typhoon - Rogue 217
Comet - Retired Ranger 111

Yea I noticed this that's why I'm in a noob clan on my server to help them and hopefully inspire them, the level cap isn't a problem should just be easier to level, crafting will hopefully make it a lot easier if we can make lixs, but otm should nerd the exp per level.i like a high level cap personally

Leveling, by itself, is just part of it. Combine with it that by the time you are done with the darkness released quest line, you have enough gold to afford the cheap weapon from the Shalemont vendor. Those weapons do the jobs by the time you get to Stonevale, but buying something from there would help you lvl faster and you wouldn't be able to afford it unless you have done some serious farming. By that time, your armor (probably didn't have enough for the shalemont stuff after buying the weapon) is barely good enough. Forget about buying any lux unless you have bought plat.

Not having the lux adds frustration with waiting time between mobs. Unless you are a druid, you can't regain hp back without some down time and if you are a druid, you already having energy regen issues at this time.

All of this can be frustrating to a new player who is trying to figure out how many others seem to manage this all when they can't seem to.
It is true but I must say that low lvls should know to group as well, sometimes u must group to cover for ur weaknesses, even at high lvl training.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Yeah but how many high levels on decked out alts want to group the players without lux or lixs? A majority of low levels are high level's alts.. They know what to do to get to a high level. They don't want to get slowed down. As a chieftain, I recruit levels 40+ because I dislike the ideas of a feeder clan. I see either fully decked alts, half decked alts claiming not to he alts, and the occassional real main with no lux whatsoever..
Sulis
CAUTION-216-Warrior
EchoOfSilence-166-Rogue
Marijuana-160-Druid
1mp-125-Mage
Rhexx-125-Ranger
Retribution/TRclan

Yeah but how many high levels on decked out alts want to group the players without lux or lixs? A majority of low levels are high level's alts.. They know what to do to get to a high level. They don't want to get slowed down. As a chieftain, I recruit levels 40+ because I dislike the ideas of a feeder clan. I see either fully decked alts, half decked alts claiming not to he alts, and the occassional real main with no lux whatsoever..

Maybe if more clans recruited at 40+ it would encourage new players but lol the gap in gameplay is way too different for most to do this lol a level 40 game and a lvl 200 game two different games .
Nueee lvl 222 Ranger
Arawn

Selfie lvl 125+ rogue ( Retired)
Lugh

Best rapper in the ch community
http://www.soundcloud.com
Search Nue Sizemore