Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Cooking mastery - what am I missing

I recently decided to start leveling up my cooking.
The levels go by fast.
The proficiency goes by as expected. Kinda low but not much different from ratio of normal character levels to like warding ability.
But the mastery. The mastery is brutal. Am I missing something?

Even just grinding through 5 ability lix and making bread, I only went up a few points. Do I actually have to sit there for days to max my mastery? Or am I missing something lol.

I think all abilities should be like the fishing one. With fishing, using a super xp and heroic wisdom, your level and ability will almost exactly match up from level 1 all the way to max. I think it is silly for it to be any other way.
PM me and I will do my best to help you with whatever you need.

Re: Cooking mastery - what am I missing

Mastery only goes up when you make an exquisite. In the beginning you will gain a point for every exquisite you make but it eventually gets more rare to gain mastery the easier it becomes to make exquisites (lol flawed logic). What you do is get high enough level and then go back and just train it on gruel. You need high enough that gruel is EASY to make and the just grind cooking gruel for about a week and you'll max it. It's a slow and tedious process but it's the easiest method I've found. You will gain points fairly fast until you're above 1k ability and then it slows down really bad.
LadyNymeria
Level 230+ Rogue
General of Ascension
LadysHeart Level 220+ Druid
Level 220+ Ice Mage Valyria
Heartsbane 220+ Warrior
Level 220+ Ranger Sweet Tansy
Dreamfyre Level 220+ Lure Mage
190 Locker Rogue Catspaw

Danu

I recently decided to start leveling up my cooking.
The levels go by fast.
The proficiency goes by as expected. Kinda low but not much different from ratio of normal character levels to like warding ability.
But the mastery. The mastery is brutal. Am I missing something?

Even just grinding through 5 ability lix and making bread, I only went up a few points. Do I actually have to sit there for days to max my mastery? Or am I missing something lol.

I think all abilities should be like the fishing one. With fishing, using a super xp and heroic wisdom, your level and ability will almost exactly match up from level 1 all the way to max. I think it is silly for it to be any other way.

Just level up to 35 levels above the food..bread, herring pie or gruel whatever you use. Thirty five levels above what it says in the cooking box below the extract check spot and it should let you make the food quickly and get movement on mastery. I only leveled as I maxed mastery once I got to the 35 levels above threshold. Leveling mastery all at once would be terrible at 170 level in cooking. I can’t imagine that but I’m sure a few here did it that way.

It’s why I gave up on cooking at 196. To make fruit cakes and bara quickly I would need 205 in cooking. And since it took about 1000 angler fish to go from 195 to 196 which is 800k in spice and about 200k in extract, I figure 197 would be like 1.5million. 198 2.0-2.5 million. Not worth it for only ten measly mastery points. Didn’t notice much of difference anyway after 190.

I was told to switch to Oatcakes at 900 Mastery and slowly work up to slightly higher recipes as it continues to go up. Is this true or is the increase rate only influenced by the Mastery ability level?
I used fish to level mastery. When I ran out of herring I went to the next fish in line. I had thousands of fish already so it saved me on farming stuff at the farm house. As long as you are thirty five levels above the food you can make it quickly so it does the same as bread or gruel (which I used only a few times to see if it was faster, it was the same). Fish will cost a little bit more but it’s low level fish so the price was low and I had extra cash. As ling as your 35 levels above it won’t mater what food you make it will work the same.