Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Furyion's Guide to Merching

About time I finished this guide, 4 years after I said I would. I waited until I felt like I knew the economy enough so I would be able to cover everything. Today is the day though, and I cover the entire spectrum of merching in this guide. Because prices vary however, I can't tell you prices on other worlds except my own(Lugh). To be a successful merchant, you must take this knowledge and apply it yourself.

Its broken into 3 parts/sections, to make it easier to digest

Part 1 - Basic Merching (For beginning merchants and a refresher)

youtu.be/OR5vS0j-beI

Part 2 - Intermediate Merching (For middleground merchants and useful for advanced merchants as well)

youtu.be/BqSbjkAFoyE

Part 3 - Advanced Merching (For understanding the entire economy, and controlling it)

youtu.be/k54_yrY5TZM

Feel free to comment, or ask me any questions you have about merching!
World - Lugh
Furyion - 190 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Charcoal - 60 PvP Fire Auto-Mage
Keepin' it old school.

Re: Furyion's Guide to Merching

Meh, merching usually results in dead worlds. Sometimes if the people doing it aren’t control freaks the economy can flourish because they stimulate it a bit more, but I have only ever seen 2 marchers to have done this and both got driven out in the end by merchers who only cared about bottom lines.
I really hope OTM puts tighter market controls in place. The auction house fee was a great idea in this regard, but unfortunately it also caused for merchers to hike up the prices on goods even more.
I have never once seen merching be beneficial to a server, but I have seen it wreck server economies time over on multiple servers...
I get merching is a part of mmos, hell I even did it as a noob to fund my toons originally... till I got scammed in an attempted world xfer and bought plat :lol: #addict . I get it’s a part of the game, but I think in ch it’s so easy to do where one person can legit control the entire world economy, and it gets to the point where lix prices go from normal to 2-3* what they should be, even outside of plat droughts.
For people like me who never really buy plat from market it’s fine, but for the majority out there it can really put a stopper on server activity.
Merchers need to keep in mind what their activities do, it’s one thing to try and turn a quick buck, it’s another to screw over the entire server for personal gain and then sell out by xfering or other means before it crashes...
Gwydion - Relentless
Stubborn 220 Warrior

BobsYourUncle 130 Mage

Retired Servers: Arawn, Herne, Danu, Crom

Read my Fire Mage Guide :D

Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
boymclir wrote:Bob The God