Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

So, What is going on...

I know there were a lot of issues surrounding the last Necro attack.

I spoke with Axon and understand what is going on now.

There is a lot of planning that goes into Necro, we all know that. Many of our issues revolve around people not following the plan (esp lifesteal) or alting properly. To combat that, it was decided that if you want to take part in necro, you need to be part of the organization of the raid (which i think takes place offline) - which means contacting an organizer, i guess.

of course, many of you know this is a change in the standard way we have always done things. And generally such changes are at least discussed or announced on the forums. And Axon made it clear, that they would follow the organizational rules if someone other group of people want to plan a necro raid.

So, the bottom line seems to be: if you want to partake in Necro battles (and presumably other difficult bosses that require organization), you need to ask someone in alliance - not certain who, though i presume Axon - since they are organizing it (at least for now). I am also not certain what venue they use (wechat perhaps) to organize. But you need to be part of the offline organization too.

All that being said, I think it would be nice if LostGirl got the drop she won. She did everything according to the rules we have always operated under (as far as i can tell) and i dont believe anyone actually told her what she needed to do to be part of the battle. Regardless, as a ranger, she was out of lifesteal range and contributing dps.
Civility, Integrity, and the Hermeneutic of Generosity

World: Lugh
Akbar: Ranger 220+
DrXyn-Druid 180+
Xyn: Mage 170+
Rabka: Rogue 150+
Rabak: Warrior 90+
Clan: Chieftain of Ancients

Re: So, What is going on...

That is not how we doing things in Ancients. i would hope other Lugh clans wouldn't do that either. The goal is to work together and have fun. Not make life difficult for others.

DrXyn-Druid 180+

I understand the need for detailed planning and organization for a successful Necro takedown. The sad part of the whole affair wasn’t Alliance wanting exclusive access to Necro drops but the way they handled excluding people. A group of Non-Alliance players were present as groups were being formed. They asked repeatedly what the organizer would like them to do and were repeatedly ignored. This was a good opportunity to let them know they would be excluded from the fight. Instead, Alliance chose to allow the players to participate but excluded them from drops. Lesson learned. It is not about the accomplishment but it is all about the drops.

A Non-Alliance ranger won the roll for a ranger drop but it was given to an Alliance ranger instead. I am sorry Alliance refused to give you your drop LostGirl but, this was well worth the insight gained in my opinion. Think about it. If a Non-Alliance player hadn’t won the roll Alliance could have continued to get free help from Non-Alliance players. Sad.

I know that Alliance can take down Necro as a clan. Grats. There have been clans who could take down end game bosses on their own before. However, they chose to follow the spirit of cooperation and include other clans in the kill. This is an important point. Even when cooperation wasn’t required they choose to cooperate. If Alliance wants to exclude others at Necro fights they need to make this clear before the fight begins.

P.S. Don’t worry, we aren’t going to grief Necro fights if you choose to exclude people. This isn’t how our server operates. We just want to know if we are being excluded before the fight rather than after.

Clan: Ancients
RogerRanger 223
RogerDruid 160+
RogerRogue 160+
RogerWarrior 150+
RogerMage 110+

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
― Daniel Patrick Moynihan

It keeps being said, throughout
every recent post "ALLIANCE"
.......it is the doings of both
Alliance & Ambrosia Clans.
That thing was there with its
3heads at both Necro fights.
Fighting & Dicing. Don't let it
go un-noticed & hide behind
Clan Alliance.
Every wrong & unfair issue that
we are dealing with atm in Lugh,
are by The Hands of both.
So, Thats what's going on.
o8o
Warrior 230
Druid 217
Rogue 194
Mage 187

Now that the original poster of the Necro fight thread has requested lock, I guess this is the place to sum up the discussion so far.

It has been made clear that LG showed up before fight, asked for instructions and received non, did her normal ranger-job during the fight, and diced the highest roll for the ranger drop. It has also been made clear that the organisers of the fight intends to do Necro as a clan kill forwards, and that LGs non-participance (due to non-invitation) in the planning also was held as main argument for her not being given her win.

I notice that it has now suddenly become an additional argument that LG did not lix or use skills, and that this in some way should be the reason she was denied her drop. It is strange that this argument suddenly appeared now after the message in the necro thread has been that noone who do not participate in planning were excluded from drops, and that the fight in question was the initiation of the new routine of Necro being taken down as a clan project.

The argument about lixing and skill use is at best arbitrary, another fig leaf so to speak. It is also impossible to prove or disprove unless LG herself took screenshots during the fight, something she had of course no reason to do as everything up to dicing appeared as if this was a normal fight with normal, established rules.
Lugh - clan Ancients
Derken - Warrior (general)
Pointy - Rogue
Glob - Ranger
IsleOfLamp - Mage
Herculager - Warrior
Kefse - Druid

i dont always lix either, after all, i have rapid fire. And while Lixing is better, the difference may not be super great - esp if you use a haste ring also.

also, girl ranger toon skills look different than boy rangers. boys kneel and shoot for skills, while girls keep standing and their bow spins a bit. i would imagine, if the battle were like others, LG was with a group of rangers far away from necro. It would be very difficult for any rogue to see her details. heck, i often have trouble targeting necro during battles. trying to target an individual who is near or overlapping others is nearly impossible.

The point is kinda moot though. Axon has stated that it was a clan kill and no one else was ever going to be allowed to roll. That kind of ends discussion right there. I am not certain why people are trying to find additional reasons why she shouldn't have won. There is nothing they can say that can 'legitimize' their actions given that no one was told they were ineligible before the battle.

DrXyn-Druid 180+

I don't know the full situation, so I may be ill-informed, but I don't agree, on the face of it, with the idea of having to 'book' a place onto a fight. Yes, it does need organisation; yes, dicing players should be identified and organised efficiently. If Lostgirl's situation is a big problem, then maybe it's best to have an independent party weigh up both full stories and come to a conclusion; politics clouds objectivity. :)

Forum Rules | Avoid Naming and Shaming | The Important Stuff
Want me to read your post? Quote me!

That dog dont hunt .....
Haveing co-ordinated a few of the successfull boss battles on Lugh, I am very familar with what is involved.
Necro has been successfully taken down on our server more than once, the base plan and procedure is well known, the only real thing left is to coordinate groups, and a time.
To have people present during group formation, engage in the actual battle and victory, participate in the Dicing, win the dicing, and then be told that the are not eligible to get the drop is nothing more than bad form.
To post something on Wechat, Forums or any other social media, and expect ALL to know what was posted, is nothing more than ludicrous.
Alas, it seems that Lugh is going down that dark path of a "Dominate" clan server.
I can only hope that Lugh returns to the philosophy of cooperation, and esprit de corps that it once was.
I my opinion, Lost Girl should get the drop that she rightfully won.

Randall