Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: The Return of Garanak: Class Based Dicing

#41
@luk

I like your list i think to make it even more inclusive you could make it like this

Blood - mele

Blade - mele

Frost - mele

Iron - mele

Shrive - caster

Spirit - caster

Stone - caster

This may seem to favor mele classes but realistically these sets are meant for those classes. There are also more mele classes and more mele then caster at each fight.
Clan: Alliance
Server: Lugh

Axon, 226 Rogue
DollaBeez, 217 Druid
CecilKain, 220 Warrior
Strago, 220 Ranger
Golbez, 183 Mage

Re: The Return of Garanak: Class Based Dicing

#42
senta wrote:
Furyion wrote:
FreezeCold wrote:Casters will just win damage stuff to sell^^

Melees already win dmg stuff to sell. So why not balance it out? I wouldnt mind reducing my chances on shrivewood/spiritseed if it ment i could dice on all garanak stuff. Also people are entitled to do whatever they want with their items, they won it fair and square


Fair would be need before greed. Then again, we aren't talking to someone who is fair just someone who wants to line their pockets with more merch opportunities. You don't even play anymore, stop trying to make yourself relevant.


Like you don't? Your gonna criticize another player who shares a different opinion than you? Attack them because they are a merchant? Try and bad mouth them for no reason? Learn to respect others opinions. Saying someone is not relevant is pretty screwed up. It'd be like me saying your not relevant, because your'e just another dime a dozen rogue. But im not gonna say that because, I'm a respectful player.

Now to the topic at hand. If everyone's fighting Garanak, under this system, a large portion will waste their time every fight. If for example bloodthorn and frostroot drops, the mages and druids and warriors will have effectively wasted their time. Who wants to camp every 6 hours of their day for 5 to 30 minutes every time (window) for A CHANCE to DICE (yet another chance) to get a drop? I think no one with a brain. Now, players will sell Garanak no matter what. Nothing stopped players from double, triple, quad camping it despite full sets for each of their toons to get more items and more sets just to sell for profit. If you wanna talk about greed, why don't you talk to these players? Some players even went further in their crusade for greed and profit, to camp the 150 and the 100 on occassion just to satisfy their greedy needs. Last time I checked, I didn't see Furyion camping the 150 and 200 everytime it spawned. Yea lets talk about greed..........

It'd be interesting to see what we have to say for this..

Re: The Return of Garanak: Class Based Dicing

#43
Lugh this is your Dictator and captain speaking and I hereby pass this rule. I like lukov's idea on who dices on which set. Dex/Str are most useful on Rangers and rogues. If we plan on killing gelebrons when he comes, we can't afford to waste 300 stats on a class that doesnt even require it. I'm sure there are many other ways on making gold. I AM PERSEUS1 and I have PROVED this message.



SHOUTOUT TO SYNDICATE

Re: The Return of Garanak: Class Based Dicing

#44
Mysteryman wrote:Like you don't? Your gonna criticize another player who shares a different opinion than you? Attack them because they are a merchant? Try and bad mouth them for no reason? Learn to respect others opinions. Saying someone is not relevant is pretty screwed up. It'd be like me saying your not relevant, because your'e just another dime a dozen rogue. But im not gonna say that because, I'm a respectful player.

Now to the topic at hand. If everyone's fighting Garanak, under this system, a large portion will waste their time every fight. If for example bloodthorn and frostroot drops, the mages and druids and warriors will have effectively wasted their time. Who wants to camp every 6 hours of their day for 5 to 30 minutes every time (window) for A CHANCE to DICE (yet another chance) to get a drop? I think no one with a brain. Now, players will sell Garanak no matter what. Nothing stopped players from double, triple, quad camping it despite full sets for each of their toons to get more items and more sets just to sell for profit. If you wanna talk about greed, why don't you talk to these players? Some players even went further in their crusade for greed and profit, to camp the 150 and the 100 on occassion just to satisfy their greedy needs. Last time I checked, I didn't see Furyion camping the 150 and 200 everytime it spawned. Yea lets talk about greed..........

It'd be interesting to see what we have to say for this..


Dude who are you? If I had to guess you are Furys brother? Have you even reached end game? Do you even qualify to fight garanak, if not your vote means jack sh*t.
Critz - 222 Rogue
Server - Lugh

Re: The Return of Garanak: Class Based Dicing

#45
RogerRanger wrote:There is a lot to unpack here so I will hit the highlights one by one.


RogerRanger wrote:We have killed necro. Check my sig.

Are you seriously telling me that? I helped organize all of the kills while you were inactive and have been to all of our necro fights. I even killed necro before you.
RogerRanger wrote:Check my sig


RogerRanger wrote:OTM sets class restrictions on some items. You want to further subdivide what drops are available to whom. This is micromanaging. Trying to dictate how people play a game is micromanaging.

I'm not further setting class restrictions, I'm suggesting we put some in place as it seems OTM didn't have the time to. Whether I do it or OTM it's one stage of restrictions. OTM put druid/mage restriction on mordy grims and we chose to dice them individually as druid or mage depending on the ability. We are further breaking down class restrictions there and that if anything is micromanaging.

RogerRanger wrote:300 dex = 300 attack and 600 defense. I can see why you might think this is useless for a warrior. :roll:

Wow. Did you know 100 focus gives me like 400 energy?

You can get those stat bonuses with an extremely large skill increase if you're the correct class. 300 dex increases my shadowstrike by over 1k damage for instance. This is the same as the hrungnir brace argument. I can benefit well off a damage/attack brace but we choose to restrict it by the ability because it's better for that class.

RogerRanger wrote:This is our only capability? Point and shoot or point and stab? Well, nobody accused you of being a broad thinker but this is pretty limited and rigid even for you. Talk about thinking inside the box.

What else is there? Bolas? Expose? Those aren't roles those are individual skills that fit into the build that suits the role of the classes.


RogerRanger wrote:a melee mage or solo druid may like to make that decision for themselves rather than have their gameplay micromanaged by another player.

How about we all just throw on some connacht gear and kill stonefang? Don't tell me how to play my game!!! :oops:

We're in the end-game and we need efficient players, a rogue in full focus and a shrivewood set is not effective. There is no way for our world to succeed if we don't play the game properly. As I said before we can't kill necro. We tried yesterday and failed. Log in, get updated.

RogerRanger wrote:Well, if rogues don't want them, I guess we can let the casters have them.

Rogues don't want the because they're useless to them. Same should go for the casters on the other sets. It seems I have forgotten, in the land of freedom this is all about "equality" and gold. :roll:

RogerRanger wrote:DarkDragon made the offer. Ask her if you want confirmation.

Darkdragon also dupe millions upon millions along with the rest of her clan and faced little to no repercussions. I'll ask her to clarify anyways as I doubt she is that moronic.



RogerRanger wrote:I don’t know what you are on about here but, you seem a little worked up. Relax. It is just a game.

The true sign of nothing valid to say. "umadbro?"

You seem to be fighting awfully hard for this, a game that you don't even play. If it's as unimportant as you make it seem then why are you even here? "Relax."

Lugh
  • Vulture - Level 220 Rogue
  • Venus - Level 195 Druid


123456 wrote:a druid can out dps a ranger fairly easily in a dps build. Adrith

1234567 wrote: Hrung ring+mordy spear > necro ring+edl dagger. Furyion

limbo

Re: The Return of Garanak: Class Based Dicing

#46
senta wrote:
Mysteryman wrote:Like you don't? Your gonna criticize another player who shares a different opinion than you? Attack them because they are a merchant? Try and bad mouth them for no reason? Learn to respect others opinions. Saying someone is not relevant is pretty screwed up. It'd be like me saying your not relevant, because your'e just another dime a dozen rogue. But im not gonna say that because, I'm a respectful player.

Now to the topic at hand. If everyone's fighting Garanak, under this system, a large portion will waste their time every fight. If for example bloodthorn and frostroot drops, the mages and druids and warriors will have effectively wasted their time. Who wants to camp every 6 hours of their day for 5 to 30 minutes every time (window) for A CHANCE to DICE (yet another chance) to get a drop? I think no one with a brain. Now, players will sell Garanak no matter what. Nothing stopped players from double, triple, quad camping it despite full sets for each of their toons to get more items and more sets just to sell for profit. If you wanna talk about greed, why don't you talk to these players? Some players even went further in their crusade for greed and profit, to camp the 150 and the 100 on occassion just to satisfy their greedy needs. Last time I checked, I didn't see Furyion camping the 150 and 200 everytime it spawned. Yea lets talk about greed..........

It'd be interesting to see what we have to say for this..




Dude who are you? If I had to guess you are Furys brother? Have you even reached end game? Do you even qualify to fight garanak, if not your vote means jack sh*t.


Yes I am. I'm Raijin. A player who has been around since 2012. Did I reach end game, no, but it really doesn't matter. Do you actually think it takes skill to reach 220? Skill to fight Garanak? Skill to know when players are taking advantage of the system? I think not. Garanak doesn't require any skill to defeat, especially as dps (just stand and press buttons). I been around the block. I know when I see a bad system and I make sure to speak my mind when things aren't gonna work properly. I also noticed your post has very little thought and just a few insults against me. This is characteristic of someone who has nothing else to say because they lost an argument.

Everyone in Lugh, regardless of level, class, age, etc, can contribute and provide valuable feedback and suggestions for everything and anything in Celtic Heroes. Just because someone contributes 45 hours a week leveling doesn't make them any better than anyone else. I know a lot of knowledgeable low levels and foolish high levels (no offense to anyone).

The ball is now in your court. What do you have to say?

Re: The Return of Garanak: Class Based Dicing

#47
Mysteryman wrote:
senta wrote:
Mysteryman wrote:Like you don't? Your gonna criticize another player who shares a different opinion than you? Attack them because they are a merchant? Try and bad mouth them for no reason? Learn to respect others opinions. Saying someone is not relevant is pretty screwed up. It'd be like me saying your not relevant, because your'e just another dime a dozen rogue. But im not gonna say that because, I'm a respectful player.

Now to the topic at hand. If everyone's fighting Garanak, under this system, a large portion will waste their time every fight. If for example bloodthorn and frostroot drops, the mages and druids and warriors will have effectively wasted their time. Who wants to camp every 6 hours of their day for 5 to 30 minutes every time (window) for A CHANCE to DICE (yet another chance) to get a drop? I think no one with a brain. Now, players will sell Garanak no matter what. Nothing stopped players from double, triple, quad camping it despite full sets for each of their toons to get more items and more sets just to sell for profit. If you wanna talk about greed, why don't you talk to these players? Some players even went further in their crusade for greed and profit, to camp the 150 and the 100 on occassion just to satisfy their greedy needs. Last time I checked, I didn't see Furyion camping the 150 and 200 everytime it spawned. Yea lets talk about greed..........

It'd be interesting to see what we have to say for this..


Dude who are you? If I had to guess you are Furys brother? Have you even reached end game? Do you even qualify to fight garanak, if not your vote means jack sh*t.


Yes I am. I'm Raijin. A player who has been around since 2012. Did I reach end game, no, but it really doesn't matter. Do you actually think it takes skill to reach 220? Skill to fight Garanak? Skill to know when players are taking advantage of the system? I think not. Garanak doesn't require any skill to defeat, especially as dps (just stand and press buttons). I been around the block. I know when I see a bad system and I make sure to speak my mind when things aren't gonna work properly. I also noticed your post has very little thought and just a few insults against me. This is characteristic of someone who has nothing else to say because they lost an argument.

Everyone in Lugh, regardless of level, class, age, etc, can contribute and provide valuable feedback and suggestions for everything and anything in Celtic Heroes. Just because someone contributes 45 hours a week leveling doesn't make them any better than anyone else. I know a lot of knowledgeable low levels and foolish high levels (no offense to anyone).

The ball is now in your court. What do you have to say?


That may be true, however, in the new system if you do not meet requirements to dice at a boss your input and vote on anything to do with that boss in invalid. Aside from that, what context do you even have? What's the highest level boss you have fought, moonspell?

Also, you never fought Garanak, who actually is and was the toughest event boss to date. You saying it takes no skill to beat him shows how naive and uneducated you are with the game. Maybe instead of trolling on the forums, you should invest some of that time into leveling so you can participate in the actual boss fights and understand why people are even discussing this topic.
Critz - 222 Rogue
Server - Lugh

Re: The Return of Garanak: Class Based Dicing

#48
Cecil wrote:@luk

I like your list i think to make it even more inclusive you could make it like this

Blood - mele

Blade - mele

Frost - mele

Iron - mele

Shrive - caster

Spirit - caster

Stone - caster

This may seem to favor mele classes but realistically these sets are meant for those classes. There are also more mele classes and more mele then caster at each fight.


My only problem with this is stonebark set is amazing for tanks agains bosses such as necro, 190 and the few caster bosses, i would rather my breakdown due to this fact.





And in all fairness if you arent active i dont value your opinion and neither does the majority of Lugh, we need active players to kill a boss not players stalking forums. Please either start playing or avoid our rules discussions...
Lukov lvl 205 rogue
Lukov4 lvl 199 druid
Lukov2 lvl 63 warrior able to shield bash Aggy
Helpfullukov lvl 197 mage. Part three of the lukov combo
skywalker1 lvl 100 ranger
Expansion update 4 & destiny beta tester

Re: The Return of Garanak: Class Based Dicing

#49
@ Vulture
Actually, Akbar killed our first Necro and I killed the second. Unless you soloed, I don't see how you killed Necro before me. It doesn't really matter but you should get the facts straight. This was back when you didn't want to help because we were still working on tactics. Randall organized these kills and several after. Remember now?

Also, I still play but don't feel compelled to check in with you when I log on. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that your response when I disagree with you is essentially "go away". I know considering another's perspective can be uncomfortable but give it a try. It is how we grow. ;)
Image

Clan: Ancients
RogerRanger 223
RogerDruid 160+
RogerRogue 160+
RogerWarrior 150+
RogerMage 110+

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
― Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Re: The Return of Garanak: Class Based Dicing

#50
senta wrote:
That may be true, however, in the new system if you do not meet requirements to dice at a boss your input and vote on anything to do with that boss in invalid. Aside from that, what context do you even have? What's the highest level boss you have fought, moonspell?

Also, you never fought Garanak, who actually is and was the toughest event boss to date. You saying it takes no skill to beat him shows how naive and uneducated you are with the game. Maybe instead of trolling on the forums, you should invest some of that time into leveling so you can participate in the actual boss fights and understand why people are even discussing this topic.


What new system do you speak of? Sounds kind of like you're pulling things from thin air, i.e. it doesn't exist. Anyone's input is valuable. To automatically disregard and disdain someone's opinion for reason of level shows how and i'll quote you, "naive and uneducated you are with the game." I have the knowledge to fight every single boss in this game. They are all pretty much the same. Some have a tiny bit of strategy but not much at all.

Garanak was an easy boss. He was level 200. A tank pulls the adds on lixes. A separate tank tanks Garanak and the dps does as it does every boss, just simply attack the boss. Druids heal the tanks. Spam skills and auto attack, use an idol when you die. Everyone is on some sort of heroic lix. Very simple. This is basically kindergarten stuff we are talking about here. Not freakin' rocket science like you make it out to be.

I understand perfectly why people are discussing this topic, and I'm against it. Everyone deserves a shot to dice for something at every Garanak fight. No one should get shafted because of a rule like this. This gives players even more of a chance to up charge their peers, since under this system the only way a warrior can get a blood set is to buy for an overpriced amount off of a rogue. And don't even act like players won't do this, because you and me both know they will.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests