Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Time to sell DL?

Hoarding may be a bad term. It sounds bad. Many players/clans have items that could be used but the priority thing has come and gone. Theres a bunch of new players ready for dl and pretty much no one shouts 'giving away yellow urns'. Its more just accumulated without direction. Clans will give to clans and friends to friends. I believe selling will just open up opportunities for more people whether they are newer in a small clan or giving ppl more items to sell.

Neek, its up to people if they want to try and vote or just keep discussing it. The topic was for discussion and maybe having a vote. Idk where to go from here but its worth talking about.

another option: allow selling of DL once the new armor types arrive (and those new types will be NO SELL). It wont help hoarding of course... or maybe just selling idols and lower.
Civility, Integrity, and the Hermeneutic of Generosity

World: Lugh
Akbar: Ranger 220+
DrXyn-Druid 180+
Xyn: Mage 170+
Rabka: Rogue 150+
Rabak: Warrior 90+
Clan: Chieftain of Ancients

another option: allow selling of DL once the new armor types arrive (and those new types will be NO SELL). It wont help hoarding of course... or maybe just selling idols and lower.
I like the idea of NO SELL for new armor quest items, and allow selling of DL when the update comes. It has been questionably long enough to have a no-sell ban on DL items as it is, and by the time The Tower comes out, (maybe another 6+months minimum?) it will definitely be long enough imo.

Its a quest. Just like wardens and frozen. Since drops are distributed based on classes the full ppl have to show up in order to help their clannies or friends. Every other quest armor is sellable and quite easily farmed. So, in my case im a rogue. If I want to help another rogue i have to physically show up, fight, and win a drop to help someone else. I know we work together as a server but we also have clans and friends. Also, many items have been leant to others and we have to pay those back.

Selling DL would be a bad thing
1. you give the hoarders what they want, they hoared they didnt gave any items away because they knew a day where dl selling would be allowed. So easy money, several people gave soo many pieces away to friends but what you get for it ....? respect a thank you, but with that you dont buy stuff :/
2.people who dont need dl will just start to camp sreng snorri etc... their is already an overcrowding at these bosses dont want to see more trough those money wolves.
3. the giving away part will be way less, people rather going to ask gold than giving away to their own friends.
4. dont want to see people just cause they bought so much plat obtaining dl in a sec.
a big no go for me
lvl 191 rogue full dl armour
lvl 110 ranger lost and naked in the woods i guess :/
Lvl 120 druid
on lugh

Every revival of this discussion is a motivation for hoarders to sit on DL drops. If we now agree that DL items will be up for sale once a higher lvl armour quest is launched, all DL items from now on will be considered money in the bank.
Lugh - clan Ancients
Derken - Warrior (general)
Pointy - Rogue
Glob - Ranger
IsleOfLamp - Mage
Herculager - Warrior
Kefse - Druid

i buy that maybe we should agree to never sell DL to reduce the incentive to hoard. However, if i recall, when we first discussed this, the no sell rule was not necessarily to be permanent.

as for full DL rolling - we needed a rule that was consistent and enforceable. since many people who had full DL owed others crowns and such, we had to allow them to roll to payback. since it is impossible to know what people owe to others, we decided to just allow people to roll their color. It was discussed many times, and the rule adjusted so arguments on the ground would stop.
Civility, Integrity, and the Hermeneutic of Generosity

World: Lugh
Akbar: Ranger 220+
DrXyn-Druid 180+
Xyn: Mage 170+
Rabka: Rogue 150+
Rabak: Warrior 90+
Clan: Chieftain of Ancients