Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: 200 lock voting

i dont like timed locks, cause you need a time keeper.

i think lock at first star was a clever idea - it is around the right percentage to be fair.
Civility, Integrity, and the Hermeneutic of Generosity

World: Lugh
Akbar: Ranger 220+
DrXyn-Druid 180+
Xyn: Mage 170+
Rabka: Rogue 150+
Rabak: Warrior 90+
Clan: Chieftain of Ancients

the disadvantage of first star is that it is longer into the fight than 3 minutes
the advantage is that it is a visible and objective reference point

the advantage of 3 minutes is that it is a time-fixed point into the fight
the keeping of time is not a problem for the participants, the tank may call the 3 minutes
the disadvantage is that it is impossible for a new arriving participant to know how long the fight have lasted, which means that there is a potential for mistrust, suspicion and accusations

that said, I am fine with both alternatives for 200 6* boss, this is too big a fight for any one clan or group to be accused of misrepresenting the 3 minute point
Lugh - clan Ancients
Derken - Warrior (general)
Pointy - Rogue
Glob - Ranger
IsleOfLamp - Mage
Herculager - Warrior
Kefse - Druid

i would argue that the % is the most important, not the absolute time involved (3 min). These are very long fights and someone fighting for 25 out of 30 minutes should dice imo. Also, i think we have learned on this world that having something objective (Star, lock, etc) tends to work far better.

The exceptions are end game bosses like mordy that require you be there at start because it is very messy starting.
Civility, Integrity, and the Hermeneutic of Generosity

World: Lugh
Akbar: Ranger 220+
DrXyn-Druid 180+
Xyn: Mage 170+
Rabka: Rogue 150+
Rabak: Warrior 90+
Clan: Chieftain of Ancients

Just an example...

Yesterday morning we attempted the 6*. We had enough everything except druids. (As usual) I dont know what rule is actually in place but Calla declared lock. That was fine because the people there were all working already. No one showed up right after or anything worth arguing. But... I do believe for the next few minutes if someone showed up (preferably druid) we could have used their help. Personally, the fight was very long and i almost had to leave because I had to go to work. I'm sure it would've been ok for someone to roll for me because I was there well over 90% of the fight should i have left but i dont want to put myself in that position. (Reytch did dice for me but i fought entire fight) The fight ended up lasting around 50 minutes. (Based on 3 combos)

With that all being said, I wouldn't have objected to another few players showing up a couple minutes after lock was declared. I know its good to increase your odds of getting drops and thus being rewarded for your efforts but some of us have stuff to do outside the game where a 50 minute boss battle would be impossible or extremely inconvenient.

I'm just giving food for thought here. If theres a vote to take place, consider everything before deciding on your vote. I wouldn't want to have to consider whether someone who had to leave early qualifies to roll.

I think using the first star as a marker for lock is a very good compromise. However, we need to clarify which star everyone is talking about.

1) Do we mean the first star when you are counting from left to right?
Or
2) The first star that a lowering health bar encounters (this is actually the last star)?

I assumed we were talking about #1. However, I have heard people shout "Lock!" when the health bar reaches the last star and at other seemingly random times as well.

Clan: Ancients
RogerRanger 223
RogerDruid 160+
RogerRogue 160+
RogerWarrior 150+
RogerMage 110+

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
― Daniel Patrick Moynihan