Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Playing with three accounts?

Lately i have recieved some harsh words about bringing my third account (mainly from one clan). They say its not my active account, that im not effective with it, that i am afking one account.

Now i ask of you. When i bring my mage how often does pierce lure run out? How often do i afk on rogue, and how often does the tank die? You say im not very effective when im living up to the worlds standards. I eboost whoever needs it, i lure when needed. I heal and buff when needed, unless something happens that i HAVE to focus on another account (group is wiping, boss is raged or even if an add is on druids) and same goes visa versa, if tank is about to die i focus on that only.

Now i admit some say its unfair, it might be but i am using 3x your items, 3x your effort, all for the chance at only 1 drop.

I ask you is that fair?

Well anyways, dont whine about the rules that you people agreed upon.

Anyways thanks for acknowledging my effort in raising 3 devices.
Lukov lvl 205 rogue
Lukov4 lvl 199 druid
Lukov2 lvl 63 warrior able to shield bash Aggy
Helpfullukov lvl 197 mage. Part three of the lukov combo
skywalker1 lvl 100 ranger
Expansion update 4 & destiny beta tester

Re: Playing with three accounts?

unless something happens that i HAVE to focus on another account (group is wiping, boss is raged or even if an add is on druids) and same goes visa versa, if tank is about to die i focus on that only..

This is the part that annoys people I'm pretty sure. If you solo you can focus on one thing and that's all that's necessary. If you duo you can focus on two things just as effectively if you've had some practice. But with three devices it is quite hard, you even say yourself that you only focus on one account if there's trouble. Even if you become the savant known as lightface, you'll still have people calling you greedy or criticizing your effectiveness. I believe that was one of the reasons light quit. I'd personally just bring whatever two characters are probably needed most, or whatever two you'd like to win stuff on and go from there.

Lugh
[list][*]Vulture - Level 220 Rogue
[*]Venus - Level 195 Druid[/list][/color]

Lukov, aside from the occasional visit (and slightly more frequent scanning of the Lugh forum here), I haven't played this game for over a year. As Venus suggests, and I will confirm, this is partly due to issues of drop distribution when playing multiple characters. Although this issue is a big one, it is not, in fact, the main reason I stopped playing.

In any case, having said that, I hear you and I remember your pain. My view has always been pretty simple: if you bring a character to a fight, then you deserve to roll for that character as long as your contribution is as much as the least skilled/qualified/contributing player who is allowed to roll for the drops on that fight.

This view was not popular back when I was active, and it's likely to be outvoted by pretty much every single-device/single-account player on Lugh. But yeah, I routinely took flak for bringing my rogue and three(!) druids to aggy back when aggy was the end-game boss. In fact, I remember times when my rogue was the only one casting smoke bomb, while I was single-handedly keeping the punching bag alive with my druid trio, not that you need a punching bag anymore, but those were the days. And, of course, all this for one drop. At least in those situations I was allowed to roll once per druid. But then I'd still get complaints about being greedy. (Yes, I do recognize that my characters were rarely the highest level, but all of them met the requirements for being at all the fights.) Back before dragonfire when all we had was aggy and the otherworld bosses I got tired of all the drama around which of my characters were allowed to roll for what on which bosses so I just stopped calling people to anything other than the stonelord or the lavalord. Yes, chained king was a pain on 4 devices, but it was doable. And no one ever complained when I brought my crew to help them on one of the otherworld armor kill quests.

As for whether you're contributing sufficiently on each of your characters, I think the people who are accusing you of not doing so need to take a long hard look at the kinds of people who they do let roll for drops. Because ultimately a given character's contribution to a fight is only as good as the player behind the device. Some people playing 2 or more devices at once can play each of those devices significantly better than others playing only a single device. In many cases 65% of a Lukov x 3 devices or 80% of a Venus x 2 devices is going to be a better fight than 100% of [not named player afk with device in pocket his way to school] or 100% of [not named player with a tank build but we have a good tank already so just auto attack] or 100% of [not named player supposed to be taking care of adds on druids but chatting instead so druids die and then everyone blames the druids for not being able to keep the tank alive].

As suggested by my examples above, even when you have a player who is skilled at playing their single character, for some classes how are you going to tell when that player isn't afk, or whether they have an appropriate build for the fight? Again, there will always be a loud chorus of single-account players who have very little awareness of what it takes to play--let alone play well--on multiple devices who are quick to dismiss any suggestion of "equal reward (or chance for it) for equal work" as simple greed. They will defend the second string tank warriors being allowed to roll when they aren't needed for the fight, or the fire mages who have no lures in their build on lava lord (or whatever the current equivalent is), or the people who decide that a long boss fight is good time to level up their hand-to-hand skill, or the person who shows up right before the fight and says "shoot, all my lux is on my alt and I don't have time to transfer but I'll join the fight anyway".

In any case, we wouldn't even be having this conversation if OTM wasn't so stingy and misguided about loot. It would be a vast improvement if loot was instanced. In the game I play these days, if you (or members of your group) do a certain amount of damage to the mob or boss, everyone in your group has a chance at drops. Although this same game has other flaws, handwringing about who gets to roll for what drops and when is not one of them :D

Given that the loot engine issue is unlikely to be fixed, and you're unlikely to win any arguments in favour of more equitable loot distribution for qualified multi-device players, here is my suggestion:
  • decide which single character you want to roll for, and bring that character to the fight as your "main", and declare it
  • if you bring more characters to the fight, use them to help your main. That is, if you're playing rogue main, heal/buff him with your druid, and use boost on him with your mage.
  • if people ask why you're not healing/buffing them, or luring the boss, tell them your rogue can't do that, and that your druid and mage aren't volunteering for that job, they're just there to help your main
It will become apparent pretty quickly whether those "alt" characters are actually needed for the fight. If they are, then the obvious thing to do is to allow them in as a main, with all rights and privileges that anyone else's main would get. Either that, or continue with the status quo and let single-device characters take advantage of your willingness to volunteer (i.e. work without pay) "for the good of Lugh".

As for Venus's reply regarding the group wiping, if you don't have enough qualified people at a fight that you're relying on the multi-device player to carry you through, then the wipe isn't the fault of the multi-device player.

Footnote for those of you wondering if I'm going back: no. And if you're wondering if/why I might have dropped you from my friends list on the rare occasions I've logged in, it's most likely due to the second half of "Light! Welcome back! Are you selling or giving away any [gear]?"
Lugh | Lightface: Druid 141 | Kaonashi: Druid 141 | FacepaIm: Rogue 141
The B Team: Noface: Warrior 130 | Tsundere: Mage 130 | Smileyface: Druid 130
Retired from CH since 2013

The one person i always looked up to, Light, your incite is invaluable. I am sad to see you have left, you were a god of multidevicing, but anyways i am glad to see that you keep an eye on our community and still even after so long have relevant incite, hehe.

As for your, multi-devices users should be able to roll as long as they equal or better the lowest contributing player, that is the best thing ive heard regards to multiple device users. They should be watching everyone not just a single name for who isnt doing their job and who is.

I find it hard to believe people are criticizing me when i tanked/lured/healed/got kill of aggy, how can they say i am not ineffective. I regularly brought my mage to hrung and mordy to lure it while still healing tank and doing adds on rogue.

Trioing 2 support accounts is easier than duoing 2 dps accounts, why would i bother with support rings if i wasnt going to use them...
Lukov lvl 205 rogue
Lukov4 lvl 199 druid
Lukov2 lvl 63 warrior able to shield bash Aggy
Helpfullukov lvl 197 mage. Part three of the lukov combo
skywalker1 lvl 100 ranger
Expansion update 4 & destiny beta tester

...is going to be a better fight than 100% of [not named player afk with device in pocket his way to school] or 100% of [not named player with a tank build but we have a good tank already so just auto attack] or 100% of [not named player supposed to be taking care of adds on druids but chatting instead so druids die and then everyone blames the druids for not being able to keep the tank alive].

LOL, are you sure you haven't been playing lately?! There's quite the list of toons to throw into those brackets...Anyway, it's always been my belief that anyone who multi-boxes deserves to roll for each toon as long as they can effectively contribute with each toon...AFKing is not effective, the same can probably be said for spam healing (except for maybe the new 200 boss :P ).

unless something happens that i HAVE to focus on another account (group is wiping, boss is raged or even if an add is on druids) and same goes visa versa, if tank is about to die i focus on that only..

I believe that was one of the reasons light quit.
:O I loved Lightface!
I didn't quit._. I, lightchamp, am still here :-:
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

Hate to say this but this world is ran simply by certain logic. Nothing change unless people want something I came back and I see the lvl of greed sky rocket all these new players is a good thing yes but the attitude of lugh sucks I've made some new freinds and I've made some enemy's and that was within a week of coming back. People are getting mad at the stupidest things.

1 handful of people treat this game like life

2 had a instance where person #1 got a drop and a bunch of us people 2,3,4,5 said hey we should dice and person 1 said we don't dice this kind of boss items because it's otherworld boss it's against the rules
3 days later we in group same person 1 is there. Theere was quite a fine drop as I can not remember now but person 1 didn't get drop and all of sudden wants to say hey we should dice this. Oh now you wanna " break the rules" of otherworld bosses.

Now put this situation on a larger scale this is how lugh is ran, i hate to say it but if 1 person feels cheated everyone has to suffer until it's there turn to feel the pain
Chocodruid lvl127+ Hybrid and LOVING IT!!!