Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Ancients clan statement on issues with Elixir clan

Hello,

I am me and FYI i spoke with 3 other chieftains and 1 general (could not reach chief back then) meaning with 4 other major clans to confirm they have similar experience with Elixir clan members like my clannies reported to me. Also this did not came from just a bunch of random angry people but it was also confirmed by people I know for a long time and to be honest I myself have noticed signals of the above even longer time ago although I did not put any significant meaning to it at that time.

As for thinking that Adeb is chief I am sorry for that. I tried to talk to her ingame when she was on but I did not get any replies at all.

I will talk to Heli now to see what could be done but believe me, this topic is a product of longer term issues confirmed over clans and not based on some report of one angry player.

Toy
... Toycat the Druid of Ancients in world Lugh ...
:. .:. .:. .:. .:. Patience is a virtue :. .:. .:. .:. .:

Hello,

Just a quick update.

I have talked to Heli and we agreed that if you have any issues with any of Elixir clan members behavior you can report directly to Heli and he will make sure the issue is resolved. If you like, me or any of Ancients generals can act as an impartial observer of the discussion in group chat to make sure everything goes smoothly. Let's hope this will help clean the bad air and black cloud covering Elixir clan and Lugh could be peaceful and united again.

Second, I have to clarify a rumor about Ancients rules which is going around.

We strongly suggest not to sell DL (i.e. dragon armor quest upgrade items) outside the clan because we want our clan to be strong. But this goes for QUEST items only and majorly for DL quest. No one has been threaten to be kicked for breaking this rule however here we do not like to see selling items outside the clan for understandable reasons.

We also asked our clan members not to sell rare drops (like aggy items or event dragon drops) outside the clan or at least ask if someone in clan needs/wants first before selling elsewhere. But this was more of a "how to help the clan to keep it strong guide" and it was not presented as a rule nor anyone was threatened to be kicked for breaking it. If someone wants to sell NON-QUEST items outside the clan it is up to him, we just ask our clan members to help the clan by keeping rare items in the clan if possible because some of them like Radiant items are powerful and once lost they cannot be obtained again.

Overall, we do not threaten clan members by kicking them nor we kick people if they break a rule one time (e.g. they did not know, etc.) unless it is something severe like scamming. If someone is excusing his actions by telling you "it was a clan rule" you can check with me directly. But from the events I have heard the people (mostly young players) simply "made up a rule" because it was profitable for them ATM. Most of those are not in Ancients anymore.

I hope this all helps.

Toy

just to follow on Toy's post:

we created the 'drops in clan' guideline when we noticed people selling or giving rare drops to others outside the clan when our clannies needed or would have bought those same items. No one in ancients cares if you give a drop (like a green hawk) to a druid who was in your group who needs - that is appropriate. But we would be quite dismayed if someone got +10 Nature Touch ring and just sold it without asking if anyone in clan would buy it.

We have always encouraged, actively encouraged, grouping with members outside of clan. We have supported good players outside our clan. I have given the rare non-Yellow DL drops i get to clannies, but also to non-clannies. Xyn has loaned a number of DL drops to mages from other clans (i don't think we actually have any mages in our clan anymore at that level). But I will generally offer any red item to Callu first (as both a general, a great guy, and highest warrior in ancients). Like many things, it is a balance. And while many Ancients have a good sense of this balance, there are many newer members who need guidance.

hope that adds a bit more clarification.
Civility, Integrity, and the Hermeneutic of Generosity

World: Lugh
Akbar: Ranger 220+
DrXyn-Druid 180+
Xyn: Mage 170+
Rabka: Rogue 150+
Rabak: Warrior 90+
Clan: Chieftain of Ancients

Hello,

Let's hope this will help clean the bad air and black cloud covering Elixir clan and Lugh could be peaceful and united again.

Toy
To be clear, I am speaking as a member of Lugh and not for my clan when I say that this is not a tone that is conducive to peace.

Black cloud?

There is plenty of bad behavior in Lugh and every clan now as more people are playing and it seems like you guys want to use Elixir as the scapegoat.

Just last week a high level in a 'nice' clan came at the end of Brutus, was told it was too late, got the drop, and wouldn't give it up. I didn't come to the forums. I went to a friend in that clan, he got it resolved, and got me the drag frag, and I got the group (most of who weren't in my clan) to dice.

A high level person in your clan was going to sell me a grand shard and agreed to a price, but wanted to wait 2 minutes until he was finished leveling to trade. By the time he was done, he got a much better offer and didn't honor his price. Is that good behavior?

A few days ago I am camping Snori for a while with lots of people and all of a sudden 3-4 leave. Are they tired of waiting and decided to level? Of course not. Even though they didn't say anything, I followed them and of course Sreng was up. Was it nice not to say hey, lets go to sreng first?

Several of our mid to high level alts, in the 120 to 140s routinely don't get grouped by other clans in OW if they don't know our main, even before this drama.

And I have seen lots of other people fighting over drops outside of our clan.

I was having a lot of fun since being back, but the drama is starting to get to me again. I guess I'll just level for a while and see how this plays out.
----------
Castiglioni - 180 Druid in Lugh
147 Ranger
Member of Clan Elixir

To be clear, I am speaking as a member of Lugh and not for my clan when I say that this is not a tone that is conducive to peace.

Black cloud?

There is plenty of bad behavior in Lugh and every clan now as more people are playing and it seems like you guys want to use Elixir as the scapegoat.
I cannot tell what happened in the last 2 weeks. I was not there. All I know is that after I returned from my vacation, 1/3 of my clan was gone to new or other clans and the reasons why they did it still elude me. Instead of a peaceful return and joy of the game I was looking forward to, I spent two days by chatting with people trying to understand the drama I still do not fully get.

I am not angry but also I am not happy about how it turned out and how people who I literarily saw growing up in the game and who had been supported greatly by our clan are now participating on tearing Lugh apart.

You are not a scapegoat and there is no reason for any scapegoats on my part. I am sorry you feel that way. Unfortunately, I did not get any complaints or reports to any other clan then Elixir. Also I have checked with other major clans to confirm this was not just a coincidence, but I got the same experience from almost everyone I talked with, no matter which clan I asked. That's why this is about Elixir clan and not any other clan.

I agree that there has been bad blood on Lugh before and I am sure there will be again, but this whole situation seems really crazy to me. All this is about is to be generally polite like in real life, to help if you can and if you cannot help at least do no harm.

I could go on and on about how some people are having hard time not to cuss and how some are hiding behind the anonymity of the game and feel like they can do anything without any consequences. I am just saying there will always be consequences and this is the right time to realize this before it is too late and people ruin their reputation so much that they would not be able to enjoy the game anymore and will be forced to leave.

I did what I felt was right thing to do and I do want to leave this topic for a while now to see if it settles after it has come to a wider attention. I am the last one who wants this drama which escalated while I was away.

So, if it is possible for you (all of you who read this), let's try handling things together and on a friendly note.

Toy

I cannot tell what happened in the last 2 weeks. I was not there. All I know is that after I returned from my vacation, 1/3 of my clan was gone to new or other clans and the reasons why they did it still elude me. Instead of a peaceful return and joy of the game I was looking forward to, I spent two days by chatting with people trying to understand the drama I still do not fully get.

So, if it is possible for you (all of you who read this), let's try handling things together and on a friendly note.

Toy
I have always been a friendly player in this game. At least I think that I have.

I would very much like to let this go, but am having a hard time understanding how you came to the decision to make the original post when you 'cannot tell what happened in the last 2 weeks' and you 'do not fully get' the drama.

Maybe it is just out of a sense of loyalty to my clan, but personally, I think that you should delete this whole thread. That would definitely help it to end on a friendly note.
----------
147 Ranger
Member of Clan Elixir

First thing to solve an issue is to admit that something is wrong. Sorry, but I will not swipe this under the carpet.

You are trying too hard to persuade people that your clan did nothing wrong and that my original post was wrong. But did it occured to you that maybe out of your loyalty to your clan you may be closing your eyes not willing to see that something is wrong? In extreme this is called fanaticism.

Also if you read the whole thread you knew that the issue has been discussed with Heli, your chief, and we agreed we try solving this. You are the one who is poking into the issue again and again. I am telling you, lets give this some room to allow the issue to be solved.

You may not see it but you are just salting the wounds which need to be healed. If you want to help your clan stop talking about that you did nothing wrong and prove it in-game by helping people. I am sure that everyone welcomes if Elixir members will be good and helpful buddies.

Toy

You are trying too hard to persuade people that your clan did nothing wrong and that my original post was wrong. But did it occured to you that maybe out of your loyalty to your clan you may be closing your eyes not willing to see that something is wrong? In extreme this is called fanaticism.

Toy
I never said nothing was wrong - just didn't think that it was all with my clan and that I didn't like the way you went about his whole thing.

Elixir isn't a cult, it is a clan. This isn't fanaticism, it is loyalty. If there was more of that around Lugh, maybe people wouldn't be switching clans so often.

Good luck to you and yours.
----------
147 Ranger
Member of Clan Elixir

In our clan we do abide by almost the exact same rules as ancients toy, everyone have their personal grudges and pet peeves, from what ive seen, i have been not grouped, not diced and not told about fights, even then i avoid a few select people and resolve it in a few days.

Ancients are in just the same wrong that any one elixir is, i know the majority of the clan leaders and they seem to be fine with our clan, i dont understand how nice people can throw nasty accusations.

Personally ive seen different clans do different things that arent apart of Lugh's 'code of conduct' but hey why argue over it just knuckle down speak to their chief yourself and try and resolve it immediately.

o8o, waio and i had a scuffle last week, some words were said but we managed to come to an unsaid agreement. It doesnt take alot to get on peoples nerves or to do something wrong but it can be resolved even quicker if you do something correctly.
Lukov lvl 205 rogue
Lukov4 lvl 199 druid
Lukov2 lvl 63 warrior able to shield bash Aggy
Helpfullukov lvl 197 mage. Part three of the lukov combo
skywalker1 lvl 100 ranger
Expansion update 4 & destiny beta tester