Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Green Dragonlord Piece

Okay so after killing the mutant rabbit level 165, he dropped a green ritual idol which i ended up rolling for on my druid and winning. Obviously im not of level to be getting dragon armour but I am working on it, I just want to have a bit of a discussion about this item and what to do with it at this moment.

I would like to hold it and continue dicing for druid drops because I am indeed earning them by helping healing and supporting the groups bossing, but I also feel it would be selfish to keep an item I cannot use for a while. I want to hear people suggestions on what to do with it, I would of course like to sell it but that feels wrong too and I wouldn't even know a price for a piece like this.

I really would like to swap it for a purple piece if anyone is interested?

My final idea was basically holding like a raffle for druids over 150 for any drops I receive but cannot use with a small entry fee of like 500g-1k just to pay for the idols and pots I may have used for the fight and maybe a little bit extra just for myself, to me this seems reasonable but again I want to hear some responses.

I also want to know if there are any alternatives like if I could forfeit my druid roll for druid drops but gain another rogue drop roll? I don't really think that's too fair either but anyways I just want to hear people's thoughts on this stuff i mean that is why I came to the forums.

Lugh
[list][*]Vulture - Level 220 Rogue
[*]Venus - Level 195 Druid[/list][/color]

Re: Green Dragonlord Piece

Hey vulture. It all comes down to the fact that your drop is your drop. You can do with it whatever you want. Try to swap it for a purple should anyone end up with a purple drop they don't need. Sell it for cash or even hold onto for your druid should he get to that level. You shouldn't feel obligated or bad about doing what you want with your drop. If you do want to raffle it off to a higher druid then i think asking for 2k from them is more than acceptable to cover your idol and pot usage. I'm not sure yet but I'm pretty sure the idol is for either legs (165) or bp (170) so if you want to raffle it off save it for the first druid to hit the required level. That would be a nice gesture.

All in all though buddy the drop is yours and yours to do what you want with it. If you do decide to sell it consider a price and whisper me :D!!!
MaxeesVigor 200 druid
Independent of Lugh

Maybe im late responding but, what i do in groups where i get a drop that doesnt benefit me is sell it cheap. Atleast 50% off for group member if its rare drop. If its not so valuable just give it up n benefit member. Also, it depends on person who needs and if youve been running bosses in group. There's alot that goes into deciding what to do. If its some random a-hole u dont like then, keep it. Otherwise, use your integrity.

if i recall, the general policy for bossing draonglord drops is:

the dragonlord drops are diced by class for those who NEED them (and who were in the fight - no supplying non-present alts). so if you already have your 4 gems and thus don't need anymore, then you wouldn't dice.

Now, that being said, if no one NEEDS the item, it is diced and given to the winner - not based on class (here is your chance to supply alts).

the entire theory is that this is the fastest and cheapest way to supply ourselves with dragonlord armour. The more bosses you fight, the more likely you are to get your stuff. That being said, once you have it, you always have the option of selling. However, if you are selling drops you could use for yourself rather than getting your armor, i for one, would be quite annoyed for it decreases the chances for others to get the drops (since you are still rolling when you might have been done).

I think the idea was, at some point, all the high levels would be supplied and then would build up an inventory for selling to lower levels (or giving to clannies or whatever).
Civility, Integrity, and the Hermeneutic of Generosity

World: Lugh
Akbar: Ranger 220+
DrXyn-Druid 180+
Xyn: Mage 170+
Rabka: Rogue 150+
Rabak: Warrior 90+
Clan: Chieftain of Ancients

I dont play much anymore but neither do many druids as ive noticed. This means that there are less and less druids helping with these bosses i believe as encouragement all those who help should be entitled to a dice. Plat players spend plat that doesnt give them anymore of a chance of getting the drops. It actually means they choose to spend money on the game to further their characters and help others also.

I helped kill Ulrob Spider Queen with Maxee and my druid (who is grossly underleveled for these bosses). After a fairly expensive fight, in my opinion. A green egg dropped, used for druid gloves. I asked the party whether i should dice, and everyone said of course. I was 18 levels under the boss. Maxee didnt complain and niether should anyone in Venus' case.

I strongly suggest that venus keep the item for himself, until he needs it, as it is your item and you shouldnt be pressured into selling it.
Lukov lvl 205 rogue
Lukov4 lvl 199 druid
Lukov2 lvl 63 warrior able to shield bash Aggy
Helpfullukov lvl 197 mage. Part three of the lukov combo
skywalker1 lvl 100 ranger
Expansion update 4 & destiny beta tester

TL;DR version:
  • Venus: Give it to someone you know and trust when they're the right level, if it's the last piece they need to finish the quest. Ask that they give one back (green or purple) when they get one that they would otherwise sell/trade
  • Everyone: I won't be playing until sometime in June but I do check the forums pretty often
Hello all my fellow Lugh-lings. I hope you're all enjoying the update more than the forum threads would indicate. For those of you who don't know, I've been working on a course for work, and had planned to not download the update until after I finished the exam mid-June. Well, I've broken that resolution and downloaded the update to my 2nd gen ipod before they released the version that doesn't support the older hardware. I logged in incognito (on world Danu, of all places) just long enough to make sure the app would run. I haven't played the update yet, and don't expect to be happy about the nerf to my sigils. But I digress, and don't want to derail the discussion of Venus' excellent question.

Venus, this is a situation I've found myself in pretty often, which seems similar to yours:
  • I've gotten a drop that I've legitimately earned based on the drop distribution rules in effect for that fight; and
  • The drop is one I think I will "probably eventually need" but which I think someone else will likely need before me; or
  • The drop is one I can use immediately but someone else could probably get much better results with it; and
  • The idea of selling the drop doesn't seem like the right thing to do; and
  • Maybe I am trying to upgrade one of my other characters first.
Here's what I've done:
  1. If someone else in the group could use it immediately for their main, I would usually give it to them.
  2. If point 1 didn't apply, I'd find out if someone else on the server could use it immediately. When I was in a clan, I prioritized clan mates for this. After I turned my back on clan life, I prioritized friends and/or known trustworthy players, preferably ones who were fairly active. I would then give the item to them on the understanding that they would eventually repay me in kind.
What I would do in your current situation:
Since there doesn't seem to be anyone who can actually use the piece right now, I'd simply let it be known that you have one that's available once someone can legitimately use it immediately. As in, they have everything they need for the upgrade except the one item you have. In this situation you don't really want to be the _start_ of someone's upgrade item collection. Anyway, once you have your intended recipient, make sure they understand that this is a loan, and that you expect repayment of the same item once they earn one that is free and clear of other obligations, before they try to sell or trade it to someone else. Trust is pretty important here, which is why I limit this kind of thing to friends and people known to have a good reputation.

It sounds super legalistic and complicated the way I've written it above, but it's a really simple conversation:

A "Hey, I hear that all you need for [quest item] is one more green [item]"
B "Yup, been looking for one for ages. They never drop any more."
A "I have a green [item] I can't use yet (under levelled). How about I 'lend' it to you. You get your upgrade right away, and when you get another green [item], give it to me instead of selling it. Or, since I'm trying to gear up my rogue, you can pay me back with a purple [item]."
<trading ensues>
Lugh | Lightface: Druid 141 | Kaonashi: Druid 141 | FacepaIm: Rogue 141
The B Team: Noface: Warrior 130 | Tsundere: Mage 130 | Smileyface: Druid 130
Retired from CH since 2013