Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Auction House. Stop over pricing every item please.

Why is it every time I log in and check AH to see a wisdom that is 4-20k, a friggen quest item for frozen 200k+, and various other items with insanely over priced buy out or bid.

We need to sort out a list of how much plat and quest items are. It's beyond stupid, and this encourages players to start up new accounts to hide their identity to change the market.
A proud noob of the clan Avalon :)

"There is talent everywhere in the world, if given the opportunity" Barack Obama

Re: Auction House. Stop over pricing every item please.

I raised this issue before. The problem with an auction house is no guidelines on prices for anything.

Runescape had it on pointttttt. Prices of items had guidelines that would move up and down depending on the price people bought it at. For example, let's say purp lion keeps buying bought for 200k then the guideline would be 200k.

There would be an option to add 5% or decrease amount by 5% or any amount you desire. So if people started bidding 250k for it, the guideline price would slowly increase - almost identical to how the stock market works.
Elsroth - 220+ Mage - Clan Avalon

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

It is a seller's market. As long as people buy crests for 200k, that will be the market price.

Before the AH, when people try to increas their prices and ply their goods on the shout channel, they get bashed and laughed at. The AH now gives sellers the ability to sell items for how much they want, even anonymously.

If people stop buying items that are "overpriced", then sellers wil lower them, but as long as they keep selling, theres no reason to change. In fact, they will even slowly raise the price to see how much more they can get.

The biggest problem is you dont lose anything if your item doesnt sell, so there is no risk to overpricing. That is the major flaw here. In other games, sellers lose their deposit when their auction expires, so sellers have to think about the current market prices vs how much they want to sell.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

I've noticed this going on and it's more hassle than anything. I won't buy items that are, in my opinion, overpriced.

The value is actually determined by the need of the buyer not by the seller, so my opinion of what is overpriced equates entirely to my need or desire for an object. This determines the price point the seller has to find before I will buy his product, period. Don't buy at those outrageous prices, problem solved.

If we lose our deposit on items that simply end, we will be disinclined to use the AH for high ticket items that require relisting until we've found the right price point.

I would like to see a way to group items in the AH as a set for sale. I'd use it more often. I also don't fathom the need for the house to take a "%" of our sale. That's another point for a different discussion though. :)
theKestrel of Dal Riata, Morrigan, et al

Why is it every time I log in and check AH to see a wisdom that is 4-20k, a friggen quest item for frozen 200k+, and various other items with insanely over priced buy out or bid.

We need to sort out a list of how much plat and quest items are. It's beyond stupid, and this encourages players to start up new accounts to hide their identity to change the market.
No one is forced to buy. It is the market that decide the prices. If people are prepared to pay 200 k then it's the market value. What motivates the price of a Ferrari compared to an Audi? Not the building costs or the quality. It's what buyers are prepared to pay that sets the value. Same in game.

I like the suggestion from Aileron that sellers loose deposit if an item isnt sold. Some would loose on that system but probably it would bring down prices.
Morrigan -
Neodym, ranger, Lvl 223,Morrigan Kojak, warrior, Lvl 221, Mabon
Tuula, rogue, Lvl 223, Morrigan Topnotch, ranger, Lvl 220, Mabon
Streiff,ranger, lvl 220, Epona

If we lose our deposit on items that simply end, we will be disinclined to use the AH for high ticket items that require relisting until we've found the right price point.
Maybe I chose the wrong word "deposit" as it's based on the price listing in CH. I agree it's too much for high ticket items. I was thinking of something similar with eBay, whenever you put up an item for bid, you get charged an "insertion fee". Note that eBay gives out allotments with no insertion fees for the first X auctions but that's beside the point.

I think an insertion fee of 5% to a max of 5,000 gold would be appropriate, rather than the current deposit rates.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.