Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Free sever is better :o (its the gelebron sunday topic)

Who was saying you are not a douchebag too?
you missed my point, obviously :lol: :roll: . we equip ourselves based on our effort. unlike Epona where non-Anarchy players are equipping you.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Aileron,

It has been said that each way of giving drops has it's pro's and con's. As a person who came from another server who had a dominant clan, I believe I can speak on this topic.

How fun do you think a GAME is when you are in a lock battle with a dominant clan and lose 99% of the time? The dominant clan will camp all bosses, just so any other clan cannot get a chance to better their players. The dominant clan will take all drops regardless and not sell any even if they don't need that particular drop.

How fun do you think a GAME is when you finally get a lock then the dominant clan stops helping or intentionally pulls adds so lock clan gets killed? Your clan dies, and the dominant clan takes the kill anyway, then taunts the losing clan about losing the lock.

How are lower clans supposed to get better gear so they can be a competitive clan?

What has the dominant accomplished at the end of the day Aileron? The dominant clan works very hard to insure it gets all and others get nothing...so very sad. (greed in its highest form)

For people who work 5-6 days a week and can not play consistently, do you say "no not worthy because you cannot give more time to the GAME (you need more points if you want better gear)". If that were the case sir, I would probably SOL on your world, because I cannot drop what I'm doing on the job and log on nor to wake up at two in the morning to fight just so I could get more points.

I think the cons of this system outweigh the cons of rolling dice to see who gets drops. All people us pots and lixes and their time to bring a boss down, so why can they not share in the reward of possibly getting that drop?

So, please DO NOT come to our world and tell us that they way we like to have fun is wrong and a waste. I have more fun and enjoy the game much more now that I am on Epona.

P.S. Calling others douchbags is really a sportsman like attitude isn't it??
Arawn
LoneHawk - Mage - General Resurgence
Korac - Rogue

This is a free forum to talk about whatever the topic is on, regardless of whichever server one belongs to. Besides, if you want to take a look back you can see that Dilvar changed the topic of the post after his ragepost, and that the hostility came from him and other members of this world afterwards. Dilvar called us the douchebags, thugs, not Aileron. Practice what you preach.
Good discussion boys

This is a free forum to talk about whatever the topic is on, regardless of whichever server one belongs to. Besides, if you want to take a look back you can see that Dilvar changed the topic of the post after his ragepost, and that the hostility came from him and other members of this world afterwards. Dilvar called us the douchebags, thugs, not Aileron. Practice what you preach.
I think it was you who called us all softies and said our system is Yikes,

Muldar just lock it -.- thanks for visitng our servers forums and it our system has not much to do with not getting gelebron down, there is many other servers who didnt kill gele yet.
Epona's #1 Tank (arrogant but true)
Dilvar (lvl 222) no Alts.
Chieftain of Anarchy since years.
Life is beautiful cause you are in it (looks in mirror)

@ Arma
I am glad to see there are people who understand this is a game and should be enjoyed by all. Epona is the last free server and I sincerely wish everyone there all the best.

Clan: Ancients
RogerRanger 223
RogerDruid 160+
RogerRogue 160+
RogerWarrior 150+
RogerMage 110+

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
― Daniel Patrick Moynihan

@Arma,

Thank you for your response and I will respond accordingly.
How fun do you think a GAME is when you are in a lock battle with a dominant clan and lose 99% of the time? The dominant clan will camp all bosses, just so any other clan cannot get a chance to better their players. The dominant clan will take all drops regardless and not sell any even if they don't need that particular drop.

How fun do you think a GAME is when you finally get a lock then the dominant clan stops helping or intentionally pulls adds so lock clan gets killed? Your clan dies, and the dominant clan takes the kill anyway, then taunts the losing clan about losing the lock.
Not all dominant clans act like douchebags like you are describing here. There may be some worlds where the dominant clans are arrogant bullies and yeah that isn't fun at all. But I'm not talking about dominant clans, I'm talking about the unfairness of how drops are distributed via dice roll, and I've seen firsthand how in the long run, it doesn't work as players who are more active lose more and more to new players or to those who just come once in a blue moon. Eventually, martyrdom fades, and players who spend their time and money, would want to be rewarded based on their efforts. That is why meritocracy works.
How are lower clans supposed to get better gear so they can be a competitive clan?

What has the dominant accomplished at the end of the day Aileron? The dominant clan works very hard to insure it gets all and others get nothing...so very sad. (greed in its highest form)

For people who work 5-6 days a week and can not play consistently, do you say "no not worthy because you cannot give more time to the GAME (you need more points if you want better gear)". If that were the case sir, I would probably SOL on your world, because I cannot drop what I'm doing on the job and log on nor to wake up at two in the morning to fight just so I could get more points.

I think the cons of this system outweigh the cons of rolling dice to see who gets drops. All people us pots and lixes and their time to bring a boss down, so why can they not share in the reward of possibly getting that drop?
It's not impossible for a lower level clan to compete. I've seen it happen, especially on my world. However your dilemma in a non-dominant clan is further exacerbated by the inefficiency of distributing drops. It only takes 8 people to lock a boss mob. If your 8 most active and best dps players have to depend on dice rolls to compete, that will certainly take a long time and lots of luck. Furthermore, if your non-dominant clan is really serious about competing, then it should be time to look at your goals from a clan perspective, rather than selfish individual interests. Sure everyone wants a godly item, but man, if you're serious about competing, then think what's best for the clan overall.
So, please DO NOT come to our world and tell us that they way we like to have fun is wrong and a waste. I have more fun and enjoy the game much more now that I am on Epona.
It's great you're having fun in Epona, there are certainly some players out there who likes to play just for playing and don't mind if others are rewarded for all their time/money investments. But eventually, people would have enough of it. You don't know how many PMs I've received asking to help them setup a dkp system because "they're tired of rolling for drops and going to undeserving people". Lugh was very proud of their "Epona-like" utopa, until players realized they need to create a more fair and better system for players who actively raid. If you believe in fairness, then you know dice rolls is not fair at all. It may be "fun", but it's not fair.
P.S. Calling others douchbags is really a sportsman like attitude isn't it??

Well, first of all, I didn't call anyone specifically a douchebag. Dilvar did. But I really use the term to refer to players in our server who grief players, sexually harass females, or use obscene profanity and overall just immature. Would you rather me use the term "jerks"? Would that make it less of an unsportsmanlike attitude? So yeah....replace douchebags with jerks. Every server's got them. We (our clan) won't help equip them. You have all the right to do so on your server, just saying we'd rather not ;)

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.