Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

what is beta?

hi everyone, i was just wondering if anyone knows what beta is? from what i have heard it sounds like ad mins world which he\she uses to update the game. i have also heard that other people can see it aswell, is that part true :?: sorry. I'm not used to games hehe
Last edited by Xylaphone on Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Greekdemigods, 224 warrior
217 rogue, Queenhera
210 mage, Xylaphone
192 ranger, TheHuntress
182 druid, Demesne

Carthage, Epona

Re: what is beta?

Beta Testing is where selected Beta Testers (green forum names) test all the new content for the newest update(update 3 in this case) and then post what they think about it on the forums. Players on Epona that are in Beta Testing are Shaggadelic, Fullcircle and I think Alexxxx. There may be a few more, but not too many unfortunately. Maybe they will correct me if I'm wrong. :P
Hope this helped!!
Blazedawg - Level 100+ Warrior
Jethro - Level 56+ Druid
BlazingSparks - Level 51+ Ranger
BlazedawgX - Level 41+ Rogue

EPONA, Loyal Clansman of PandeMoanium

Deuteronomy 20:1

Blazedawg is correct. Beta testing is basically the last line of defence that a game developer has before they unleash their product to the masses, using a small sample of players to 'test-drive' their games and provide feedback. Many games offer these sorts of trails to successful applicants only once and for a limited period of time before their release, but since Celtic Heroes is a dynamic world that is constantly evolving, beta testing occurs in rounds throughout the life of the game. The beta round currently underway is the third such one since CH came out last June.

As far as I am aware, the only Epona residents who were selected were the ones Blaze mentioned, although I have not yet been able to get into Beta World yet due to technical difficulties. The developers have placed us under a 'gag-order' or 'publication ban' for the time being since any leaks of information would likely be inaccurate and premature, but in the coming weeks check the regular forums for sneak peak images and posts about the forthcoming update. There is also a video on the CH website that offers a sneak peak of some of the new graphics.

cool thanks heaps for your answers, another thing if you need more beta testers, i would be happy to help anytime.
Greekdemigods, 224 warrior
217 rogue, Queenhera
210 mage, Xylaphone
192 ranger, TheHuntress
182 druid, Demesne

Carthage, Epona