Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Agg rule opinions

If you have an opinion on new rules post it here... No arguing or insulting.... I will have the post locked if it starts.... This is to make change not start arguments...
Eponian Homeian as one might say.
Back in black! They tryina catch me ridin dirty

CoCheiftain of Hazard. Pm me in game or out if interested in joining and i will bring it up with the clan.

Stay Sexy ;D

Re: Agg rule opinions

140+ dps is fair due to the main reason for being there is to do damage, less than 140+ damage is nerfed to the extreme. This has been agreed upon as fair at many aggs past when the tank set the rules. As far a druids go, 120+ druids have a new skill cap which makes them more effective than 120- as well as agg drops having a 120 req.

As far as people coming late, most of the time it takes 30+ minutes for us to start agg, so people coming after the boss is positioned and the fight has started have already missed all the prep time. It's also hard to say though, because they do contribute. . .but then there is the touchy point of deciding where the cutoff is, which takes alot of time when people are arguing about it at rolls. Then you could say latecomers only get one roll, but if the latecomer is already at the one roll point for being lower dps, where do you go from there?

Noncontributers are another touchy issue, if someone is sitting there not doing anything or autoing as a mage, it is more noticeable than for rogue or ranger persay. . . how do you deal with them?

Both are issues I personally am not sure about, but that probably should be addressed.
World: Epona

Alyssandra Ranger Lvl 221
Atropos Druid Lvl 225
Nyssa Rogue Lvl 215
Briar Rose Mage Lvl 215

Lasciel Rogue Lvl 217
Owl Ranger Lvl 190
Lenore Druid Lvl 191

I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

In all honesty, i believe the new rules are great. This provides fairness in the aggra fight who atm is the hardest boss in game. If you see a 70 trying to damage fal, it doesn't work out well. Same applies to aggra. I don't know how the druid level will go but I think it's fair to keep them in line with dps level req. These rules are an abrupt change but I think for the hardest boss in game, there needs to be rules set. Please, don't criticize me on my opinion. I'm just putting it out there.

I agree with ap... And no druids get lower level req etc. just as hard to train druid as dps now. Need a group
Eponian Homeian as one might say.
Back in black! They tryina catch me ridin dirty

CoCheiftain of Hazard. Pm me in game or out if interested in joining and i will bring it up with the clan.

Stay Sexy ;D

I find it funny that Pig was locking the post about this. Pig what's your opinion since you're popping in? In his clan, Avalon, one clan just takes Agg everytime and tells the server to stfu. But that's what happens when there's too much arguing. Not much cooperation.

The rule list was made by multiple clans. Some people wanted even stricter requirements in some scenarios. I guess Wardens has more active forums posters as the people who gave feedback and agreed to this from PM and Anarchy have not posted. Don't throw Aly under the bus because she copied and pasted the post/blog/whatever.

-The 140 dps rule is very fair. Some people wanted it higher. Shame on those who enforce a 10 levels requirement at other bosses like Falgren, Belly, OW bosses, and then say Agg should be different. If your words argue against your actions, you don't really have the standing to comment on this particular issue.

-The biggest issue is the druid thing I guess. I explained how druids under 140 would get in anyway, however noone seems to understand. If thats the main point of friction, lower it a little to 135 or 130. Not a big deal. If it takes a level 100 druid to kill Agg I would invite them and make sure they roll. The main complainer about lower level druids are other druids who have worked hard for their level and heal high. I'm not really gunna complain about a druid unless they are not healing *looks around*

-The sample size here on the forums is not representative of the Epona community. You have some trolls here who have nothing better to do than whine, complain, and be depressing. Some clans have had no one comment here about it. Some people who are commenting have never been in an Agg fight. Take things with a grain of salt.

What I liked about the rules is that they contained arbitrary requirements that anybody can meet. If the druid thing is the main point of friction, just alter it a little to provide clearer understanding. IMO there needs to be set rules not tanks deciding based on their own discretion. Myself, Alex, and Dilvar are all crazy people who shouldn't be running the world @_@ Anyway don't have a cow it's just a game. Its annoying to see people flipping out and acting like children, taking things to personal levels over something that is far from personal. Sidenote, I deleted my kik last week because i've been busy in real life. Forums message me if you need me please :P

I stayed out if it until someone asked me to manage it :p
Personally, i think that the rule should be 140+ for all classes unless there is a shortage of a certain class. So yeah druids will be more likely to get in at 130 because they are valuable and you may not always have enough, but if you do have enough 140+ of a class the under 140 should not be eligible for drops. The way things are on my server there is one elite clan but we do not grief other clans if they try. We will free for all it (staring exact same time) and have always won. Our clan recruiting level is 150 currently in order to keep the clan small. I think that 10 levels under boss with the exception of a shortage is a fair expectation.
pigman, with the fury of the pigs and the mind of a man
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon
put your pants on, we're going out

135 1 roll
140 2roll

Its fair its clean
140 have an advantage and 135 have a chance
:)
Fairness is an objective concept having to do with input/output.

If a 135 is doing 25% of his damage and getting 1 roll, fairness would dictate that a 140 gets 2 rolls (50% damage), a 145 gets 3 rolls (75% damage), and a 150+ gets 4 rolls (100% damage). (this formula based off tests by Alexxx)

This was weighed a bit and most people wanted 1 roll period for 140+ so that it makes the roll period after faster, fairer, and cleaner. I think this was kinda based off the common rules people were making for other bosses. Such as if you wanted to fight Pyrus the Lavalord (lvl 125) most people want you to be at least level 115 to join a group, and then when the loot drops you have an equal chance no matter if you were level 115 or 135.

I actually came up with the multiple roll concept a long time ago but I think people don't like it much anymore.

I think there's a problem that this debate is all about an endgame loot boss that has nothing to do with any quests. Does anybody care that high levels farm Falgren, a quest boss, and don't let lower levels in? Its pretty much the same principle if not moreso important.