Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Subpar Gear = No Rolls?

I can’t force you to understand what I’ve said, if you really think I’ve repeated excuses? That’s enough for me to know that there is no point in continueing this arguemwnt with you.
Or anyone on the server for that matter. We don’t need/want leechers. I wrote the rule book and I got that consensus from the majority of the server. Again, you can view it, it’s stickied at the top of the Epona page. You can find this part of the rules under Section 3 (Bossing Rules), Article D. Look it up. No one will be getting to roll if they are leeching. Get geared and come back. Again, it’s not hard to earn gold, and you can find eg gear cheap on Epona. As long as it’s not the very best gear, that’s expensive.
Im not from this server, nor do i ever plan to be but heres my two cents

Your mindset is greedy and disgusting. You are judging people off they’re gear. Not they’re hard work. A full dg toon with the best possible gear and a 2/5 dl toon with half scattered gear at a boss are both doing as much as they can to help in the Killing of the boss. Excluding people after they worked just as hard as anyone else to kill a boss is wrong.
If they arnt geared this boss, at least they will be for the next one. Eventually they will become a better help to a boss, but not if they’re progress is halted over others greed and manipulation.

This is little better than scamming the toons at the boss. Your forcing them to buy your gear that they dont need/want so they have a chance at getting better gear later on. That is not right.
Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that the sub tab is named after Epona aka should be revolved around Epona players,
Anyway none said the system is 100%perfect its flawed and there are loopholes...
And since you are not playing here you don't understand why we no roll some ppl, for example showing up for bt with +3 fire attune ring (from carrow) is compared with a person who worked hard on their gear and let's say have gele rings, I am sure you will ask what did he have before? For example Osan gear or even rings from tower/corrupted garden, none is saying we want you to go from zero gear to 220 gear... It's all about building yourself properly on the road of your lvling and your comparison between dg player and non-dg player is really ridiculous, we don't hand out pures like in Dom clans, the player has 2 choices to pick from 1: to wait and win them from gele/prot. Or 2: buy the pures and they are not cheap, that's why we don't have many dg sets on Epona.
Anyway I agree that there should be a rule about you can no roll anyone after they win because they wasted resources and time, if you see his gear call it out from the start don't wait till they win, and most of the ppl who call out at winners are 90% of the time 2nd place winner. Sure that's related to greed but what can we do about it, if the players present at the boss agree to no roll him then rip that player but it's like 75% his fault he know what's the boss like and he should know that his gear is suitable or not or he can even ask before the boss starts.
Try to enjoy and don't forget it's a game so smile and let go
Epona toons:
DoctorHeals (druid)(lvl 222)
DoctorFlames(mage)(lvl 221+)
DoctorPoison(rogue)(lvl 210+)
DoctorShield(warrior)(lvl 210+)
Crom toons:
Madcombo (rogue)(lvl 205+)

the ppl who call out at winners are 90% of the time 2nd place winner. Sure that's related to greed but what can we do about it, if the players present at the boss agree to no roll him then rip that player but it's like 75% his fault he know what's the boss like and he should know that his gear is suitable or not or he can even ask before the boss starts.
The more you try to defend this rule, the worse it gets. I thought Zkills incident was an isolated one. Now it's sounding like the first place winners are regularly being called out by those that lost the roll. That sounds like fun.
if the players present at the boss agree to no roll him then rip that player
So if the guy that won the roll is a solo player and not super friendly with the rest of the server (but still cooperates per the rules), and if enough people at the fight agree to no-roll him, he's just screwed. A player like this never really knows if he'll be "allowed" to keep whatever he wins in a roll because all it will take is a bunch of people to agree to band together and no-roll him. The only way to possibly be able to keep that loophole from occurring would be to just abolish the stupid no-roll rule.

If people show up for the boss and fight alongside everyone else for the duration, they should be able to roll and have the chance of bettering their gear.....just as the game intended.

the ppl who call out at winners are 90% of the time 2nd place winner. Sure that's related to greed but what can we do about it, if the players present at the boss agree to no roll him then rip that player but it's like 75% his fault he know what's the boss like and he should know that his gear is suitable or not or he can even ask before the boss starts.
The more you try to defend this rule, the worse it gets. I thought Zkills incident was an isolated one. Now it's sounding like the first place winners are regularly being called out by those that lost the roll. That sounds like fun.
if the players present at the boss agree to no roll him then rip that player
So if the guy that won the roll is a solo player and not super friendly with the rest of the server (but still cooperates per the rules), and if enough people at the fight agree to no-roll him, he's just screwed. A player like this never really knows if he'll be "allowed" to keep whatever he wins in a roll because all it will take is a bunch of people to agree to band together and no-roll him. The only way to possibly be able to keep that loophole from occurring would be to just abolish the stupid no-roll rule.

If people show up for the boss and fight alongside everyone else for the duration, they should be able to roll and have the chance of bettering their gear.....just as the game intended.
Hey hey hey Shut Up :) its really getting annoying that you're targeting Eponas system after clearly betraying your bias and showing your disapproval for anything we say lol there's no winning with u man so just stop cuz he isn't looking worse, you are.

edit: the game intended for players to decide on how they wish to play not for everyone to be offered stuff just for showing up. If I went to gele when u were killing and demanded a chance at the drop would you give it to me?

Or anyone on the server for that matter. We don’t need/want leechers. I wrote the rule book and I got that consensus from the majority of the server. Again, you can view it, it’s stickied at the top of the Epona page. You can find this part of the rules under Section 3 (Bossing Rules), Article D. Look it up. No one will be getting to roll if they are leeching. Get geared and come back. Again, it’s not hard to earn gold, and you can find eg gear cheap on Epona. As long as it’s not the very best gear, that’s expensive.
Im not from this server, nor do i ever plan to be but heres my two cents

Your mindset is greedy and disgusting. You are judging people off they’re gear. Not they’re hard work. A full dg toon with the best possible gear and a 2/5 dl toon with half scattered gear at a boss are both doing as much as they can to help in the Killing of the boss. Excluding people after they worked just as hard as anyone else to kill a boss is wrong.
If they arnt geared this boss, at least they will be for the next one. Eventually they will become a better help to a boss, but not if they’re progress is halted over others greed and manipulation.

This is little better than scamming the toons at the boss. Your forcing them to buy your gear that they dont need/want so they have a chance at getting better gear later on. That is not right.
Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that the sub tab is named after Epona aka should be revolved around Epona players,
Anyway none said the system is 100%perfect its flawed and there are loopholes...
And since you are not playing here you don't understand why we no roll some ppl, for example showing up for bt with +3 fire attune ring (from carrow) is compared with a person who worked hard on their gear and let's say have gele rings, I am sure you will ask what did he have before? For example Osan gear or even rings from tower/corrupted garden, none is saying we want you to go from zero gear to 220 gear... It's all about building yourself properly on the road of your lvling and your comparison between dg player and non-dg player is really ridiculous, we don't hand out pures like in Dom clans, the player has 2 choices to pick from 1: to wait and win them from gele/prot. Or 2: buy the pures and they are not cheap, that's why we don't have many dg sets on Epona.
Anyway I agree that there should be a rule about you can no roll anyone after they win because they wasted resources and time, if you see his gear call it out from the start don't wait till they win, and most of the ppl who call out at winners are 90% of the time 2nd place winner. Sure that's related to greed but what can we do about it, if the players present at the boss agree to no roll him then rip that player but it's like 75% his fault he know what's the boss like and he should know that his gear is suitable or not or he can even ask before the boss starts.
Yeah but z also happens to be one of my oldest friends in game (almost 6 years now in fact :p) it doesnt sit well with me that he was passed up for a Vote If it means anything im considering making a toon here :)

There should be a rule in place where you can’t no roll someone after they’ve already won. Give a warning instead
That's not unreasonable actually, checking after somebody wins seems more like a last ditch effort to look for an excuse.
As somebody else mentioned on another post, ya could very well be second place roller looking for something to get em a win.
Players may not think their gear is bad, some may not think to ask for it to be checked.
I would agree w that personally, acceptable items can lead to a bit of interpretation.

Y'know that Phoenix is worth more then some players entire set up.
Guy w dragon, phoenix, seedling may consider a tier one level 6 anything inadequate.
"Hey tokens are cheap why didn't u get a better one?"
I can see how that could be a bit vague, it does leave a bit of room for interpretation, objectively speaking.

If player shows up and wins, then catches somebody's attention
A heads up "warning" isn't unreasonable, but ya I'd prob honor the roll personally, then check em at other bosses n have others do the same if it was that much of an issue.

Or even maybe check players your unfamiliar with before hand to help prevent confusion, could be an option as well.
Kinda cut down on misunderstandins, since older players prob have a better understanding of the servers rules n what exactly expected then newer ones.