Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Subpar Gear = No Rolls?

Ah okay. So why show up to at all if the only way you can get better gear is by visiting the auction house. Of course they can't get better gear because their gear is bad to begin with but they can't upgrade.
I never said that was the only way you can get better gear... Obviously you can win better gear, it’s much more cheap to win it than to buy it, but not everyone can be that lucky. I won a gele bow using a dark Necro bow, but I suppose if someone showed up with a wyrm bow they’d be no rolled, that’s understandable. It’s not like our gear requirements are ridiculous. Just don’t show up to a boss with terrible gear. Epona is unique, don’t hate on it just because it’s not like your dkp system. You can show up to one boss and win something amazing here instead of earning thousands of points to bid on that amazing item. So I think it’s understandable if we put more restrictions on what’s constituted as doing your fair share in a raid.
Yurian Stonebow of Epona
Ranger-221
And some other alts of unmentionable levels.

Or anyone on the server for that matter. We don’t need/want leechers. I wrote the rule book and I got that consensus from the majority of the server. Again, you can view it, it’s stickied at the top of the Epona page. You can find this part of the rules under Section 3 (Bossing Rules), Article D. Look it up. No one will be getting to roll if they are leeching. Get geared and come back. Again, it’s not hard to earn gold, and you can find eg gear cheap on Epona. As long as it’s not the very best gear, that’s expensive.
It's not leaching if they're spending just as much of their time and plat items to help kill the boss as everyone else. Essentially you're saying the game is farmsville until they can get enough gold to buy gear that's deemed worthy enough to get to participate.
If you don't like the servers rules then cool but no reason to trash talk our system just to make you feel better... Dom clans don't just give away free gear either and a lot of them say if you don't use a haste then you don't count... It's the same thing, epona doesn't say you can't ever roll if you come once with bad gear... Only, focus on what your gear will be acceptable for until you can get some upgrades. If everyone just sat and sold gear and never used it then there would never be any people geared at bosses and if nobody was geared the bosses wouldn't be killed, the point of the rule is most likely to make sure people are aiming towards helping the server and not just their pockets.
Except it's pretty common for someone to brag about how easy it is to sell raid drops to make gold and that's why they attend bosses. That's not really aiming towards helping people instead of lining pockets.

You don't have to be the great defender of Epona when someone disagrees with the system. Obviously enough of Epona likes it and that's what matters. I think there's a lot of selfishness to the system. My opinion is just my opinion. Some people think Dom clan dkp systems are stupid. And that's okay.

I just think it's silly if both of show up to the same boss and we both spend the same time on our devices and use the same amount of Plat items that i can't roll for upgrades but you can roll to sell the item to make gold. In this case, the one that needs it the most is the one that suffers the most.

The best thing the game could do is have an explanation of how the different servers work before players pick a server. The vast majority of players starting CH are just downloading various mobile mmorpgs to check them out. They start playing oblivious that there are server politics and don't find them out until they've already invested time and possibly money. So these rules that are in page 14 of section 3 part 1B ordinance 19 does no good to players starting out.

I feel bad for players that join a server only to miserable whether it's a ffa server or a Dom clan server.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

It's not leaching if they're spending just as much of their time and plat items to help kill the boss as everyone else. Essentially you're saying the game is farmsville until they can get enough gold to buy gear that's deemed worthy enough to get to participate.
It is leeching. Someone wearing a hero ammy at a eg boss should not be rolling for that loot. And don’t talk to me about farmsville if you play on a dkp server. That’s a full time job farming for points to earn gear.
Yurian Stonebow of Epona
Ranger-221

One thing that seems to be overlooked in this topic is how ridiculously easy it is to get gold on this server. Most ppl regarded the skain storm misc to be best in the game for dps before bt. At its height it cost around 1.5m. Seems like a lot to someone not from epona I'm sure however it you simply camp coppinger, sell ea tab for 50k ea (which is normal price) you would just needa sell 30 of em for what was arguably best charm in game at that time. Alternatively, you can very easily farm 100k a day from mobs (that's if ur lazy like me and dont wanna hardcore farm). That would take you only 15 days which is also a hella lot shorter than it took me to win my first bt charm. Our system is a capitalistic one, and it works well. While some drops are used for profit, it does inevitably always lead to an upgrade, maybe u sell to save up for a diff item. I have yet to meet anyone who just sold items just so they could hog the gold and look at it.
220 Druid SupremeDruid

It is leeching. Someone wearing a hero ammy at a eg boss should not be rolling for that loot. And don’t talk to me about farmsville if you play on a dkp server. That’s a full time job farming for points to earn gear.
It is not Leaching. There is an objective definition to the word leaching or if someone is being a leach. Having poor gear and coming to a boss and using plat items is not leaching. That person is putting in time, Plat items, and 'effort' (I use effort losely as sitting on your couch pressing buttons to play a video game doesn't really require effort anymore than pressing buttons on a microwave.)

I don't know why you brought up dkp. This thread wasn't about comparing the two. They're both completely different systems and both dkp VS rolls can be awesome or terrible depending on player style, time availability to invest in the game.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

One thing that seems to be overlooked in this topic is how ridiculously easy it is to get gold on this server. Most ppl regarded the skain storm misc to be best in the game for dps before bt. At its height it cost around 1.5m. Seems like a lot to someone not from epona I'm sure however it you simply camp coppinger, sell ea tab for 50k ea (which is normal price) you would just needa sell 30 of em for what was arguably best charm in game at that time. Alternatively, you can very easily farm 100k a day from mobs (that's if ur lazy like me and dont wanna hardcore farm). That would take you only 15 days which is also a hella lot shorter than it took me to win my first bt charm. Our system is a capitalistic one, and it works well. While some drops are used for profit, it does inevitably always lead to an upgrade, maybe u sell to save up for a diff item. I have yet to meet anyone who just sold items just so they could hog the gold and look at it.
The farming aspect of ch has always been one of the worst aspects. I can't think of too many games where you have to spend time farming gold just to be able to play the game. Typically you only need to go on quests to get better gear which is leaps and bounds better than mindlessly and repetitively better than killing mobs over and over again
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

It is not Leaching. There is an objective definition to the word leaching or if someone is being a leach. Having poor gear and coming to a boss and using plat items is not leaching. That person is putting in time, Plat items, and 'effort' (I use effort losely as sitting on your couch pressing buttons to play a video game doesn't really require effort anymore than pressing buttons on a microwave.)

I don't know why you brought up dkp. This thread wasn't about comparing the two. They're both completely different systems and both dkp VS rolls can be awesome or terrible depending on player style, time availability to invest in the game.
I brought up dkp because you said our system was “farmsville”. I don’t want you to be a hypocrite, so I pointed out that dkp is much more “farmsville”.

And your definition of leeching is different than mine. I don’t care how much time or resources you spend at a boss, because you might use 10k worth of resources at that boss and if you roll you can win an item worth 50m, yet you barely helped with the boss in your sub-par gear, that’s leeching on Epona, you just leeched that loot, from someone who actually helped with the boss. You don’t deserve it.
Yurian Stonebow of Epona
Ranger-221

I brought up dkp because you said our system was “farmsville”. I don’t want you to be a hypocrite, so I pointed out that dkp is much more “farmsville”.

And your definition of leeching is different than mine. I don’t care how much time or resources you spend at a boss, because you might use 10k worth of resources at that boss and if you roll you can win an item worth 50m, yet you barely helped with the boss in your sub-par gear, that’s leeching on Epona, you just leeched that loot, from someone who actually helped with the boss. You don’t deserve it.
I'm going by the literal definition of what a leach is. They might put in less damage but they are participating in the activity just as much as you are. Leaching would be not showing up and expecting things for doing literally nothing. Dkp isn't more farmsville style than being excluded from bosses until you can buy 'appropriate' gear. Dkp just ensures that you will get gear over time vs being lucky on a roll. Plenty of casual players in dkp systems have really good gear. But, again, that's not what this thread is about. And I never said one system was more or less farmy than another. Neither system is inherently better than another... It all depends on playing style.

P. S. Having an opinion of a system in a video game such as this doesn't a hypocrite make one be.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

While playing CH I got word that one of my clanmates couldn't get to roll on a drop after a boss fight because he didn’t have a good enough Misc item. This wasn’t an isolated incident as apperently he has been denied this privilege before multiple times. Just wanted to know the logic or justification behind this as I can't wrap my head around it. Thanks for any feedback.
What kind of misc and boss?

I'm going by the literal definition of what a leach is. They might put in less damage but they are participating in the activity just as much as you are. Leaching would be not showing up and expecting things for doing literally nothing. Dkp isn't more farmsville style than being excluded from bosses until you can buy 'appropriate' gear. Dkp just ensures that you will get gear over time vs being lucky on a roll. Plenty of casual players in dkp systems have really good gear. But, again, that's not what this thread is about. And I never said one system was more or less farmy than another. Neither system is inherently better than another... It all depends on playing style.

P. S. Having an opinion of a system in a video game such as this doesn't a hypocrite make one be.
You're missing the point... That person is choosing to show up and attack the boss/waste consumes regardless of the servers rules which clearly say that if they show up they won't win anything... They're going into it when there were prior warnings made about it, not like the server just says randomly to people "you can't roll"... "Ignorance of the law is not an excuse for breaking it" it's Eponas set of rules and there is like 0 excuse for it and every server type has some time of farming involved so no need to argue over which is worse xD