Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Subpar Gear = No Rolls?

So you win a crown at a Snorri fight and you don't need it so you sell it for gold. You rolled even though you don't need it...you're just greedy and wanted to sell it. Someone else who attended that fight also rolled because they really do need it to finish their DL weapons, but they lost. They lost to a person that didn't even need it in the first place. Now they get to go buy it off the AH for a mil gold. What a bs, twisted system. Epona is the epitome of GREED before NEED. What a selfish server.
Yes, it is definitely a selfish server, and bosses are generally taken down through numbers rather than good players.
But the most important thing is it works, so no need to change it.
UltimateIronman - Level 50 Morrigan

Youtube Series here

The rules aren't that strict, it isn't like unless you have top tier bt/gele/prot gear you can't roll. Just put on some half decent mid tier event gear and you can roll at any boss including dino.

For less than 2 mill you could fully equip a level 220 with a jewellery page that can roll at bt.
^ 2m is literally 1-2 crown wins
So you win a crown at a Snorri fight and you don't need it so you sell it for gold. You rolled even though you don't need it...you're just greedy and wanted to sell it. Someone else who attended that fight also rolled because they really do need it to finish their DL weapons, but they lost. They lost to a person that didn't even need it in the first place. Now they get to go buy it off the AH for a mil gold. What a bs, twisted system. Epona is the epitome of GREED before NEED. What a selfish server.
Not at all, appreciate your opinion but I don't think it's cool for you to talk crap about our entire server and it's system like that when nobody is targeting your server for being unappealing to us.

^ 2m is literally 1-2 crown wins
Not at all, appreciate your opinion but I don't think it's cool for you to talk crap about our entire server and it's system like that when nobody is targeting your server for being unappealing to us.
You play on my unappealing server....Protection ;)

I know I do which is why I can call it unappealing lmao not gonna name and shame but you know exactly what I'm talking about

I know I do which is why I can call it unappealing lmao not gonna name and shame but you know exactly what I'm talking about

1st: what the heck do you noobs from other servers want in this Epona topic...,
2nd: not everything revolve around buying the gear or farming for hours.
So you think the endgame player got to that point by getting hand outs? Nope, they went through what the new players go through they are not spical..
3rd: the same rule apply to edl and dl bosses, so if they have full edl I am sure as hell that they had good enough gear for that boss, which means they should have enough gear to go to gele, the same thing goes with dl.
4th: NOT all the ppl who sell the crowns do it because they don't need, some sell it when they need it, but they have other things that they need, it's called prioritizing..., and the ppl who don't need and only attend to boss for gold it's so that they can buy upgrades for their current gear.
5th: getting a misc for snorri isn't really hard any Lvl 100 misc (kron/cronach/spider/ember drake CD/ the misc from the 110 drag/ luck charm if they find/sunfire charms).
6th: the sub-par gear rule is also there to help the player because if they have better gear to attend this boss means they even have a good gear for their selves they could maybe solo bosses(frozen or metroic or gold bosses).
7th: there are clans and friend who will be more than happy to help(some even do give aways of their extra gear) , none is saying stay solo and don't socialize, it's a very social dependant game.
8th: please keep in mind there is nothing perfect, there is always flaws and loopholes, so we are trying our best to keep it fair for everyone, sure there will be greed and selfishness in some ppl but not all so please don't generalize on everyone.

You won't understand half our rules untill you play in the server then it will make sense to you, and we seriously don't care about your opinion if you are from another server, we get a lot of xfers and they seem to like it, and everyone else is happy with how things are going,
Try to enjoy and don't forget it's a game so smile and let go
Epona toons:
DoctorHeals (druid)(lvl 222)
DoctorFlames(mage)(lvl 221+)
DoctorPoison(rogue)(lvl 210+)
DoctorShield(warrior)(lvl 210+)
Crom toons:
Madcombo (rogue)(lvl 205+)

Im sorry but you should probably explain this then.

1. You specified that the edl aura is the only requirement.
2. Your own rules dont have any obligation or prioritization of toons that have eg offhands to roll for better drops.
3. Like many have said, how do you better yourself when you cant roll, alot of epona say its a free server, that you can just sell drops and play off of that. This guy cant even seem to do that and thats totally fair?

How does one not leech when they start off? Not everyone has millions of gold to begin with.
1. Ummm so you didn’t read the rules or this thread? I’ve referenced EXACTLY where it’s wrote in the rules that proper gear is a requirement. Just because it’s not in the section you screen shot, doesn’t mean that it is not in there.

2. I’m not even sure what you mean? You don’t need DL or EDL to be properly gear if that’s what you meant, so I’m not going to add that. There is no obligation or prioritizing for DL or EDL offhands, you don’t need these offhands to roll, it’s personal desire if you choose to get them. However a lvl 200 offhand would probably be required for EG bosses.

3. Yes it’s fair, do you see anyone else at that boss with low quality gear? No. It’s easy not to leech, even if you just start off, just buy better gear. And everyone needs to quit complaining about farming, just win drops and sell em, it’s seriously not hard, kill some frozen bosses and sell their items and you’ll have enough gold for DL gear, kill DL and sell items, you’ll have enough for edl gear, wash rinse repeat. Everyone on Epona has done it, and it’s not hard.
Last edited by YURIAN on Wed May 22, 2019 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yurian Stonebow of Epona
Ranger-221
And some other alts of unmentionable levels.

What kind of market does Epona have? Capitalist! So what if a toon wins a drop they don’t ‘need’? EG toons or qualified toons win drops and sell them, can you guess why? To earn gold. What does that gold do for them? Buy them better gear/items/lixes. What does that sold gear do for the lower level player? It advances them so that they can also start earning drops and doing the same thing the person they bought the item from does. It’s circular, that’s why capitalism works on Epona.
How logical is it to allow someone who doesn't need an item to roll for it and win it only to sell it when there are probably multiple people there that need it? If you don't need it to better yourself, then you shouldn't roll for it. Why don't you go farm for hours to make some gold, just like you're instructing this guy to do?

And another thing, I wouldn't be bragging about being a capitalist server. And maybe that fact should be at the beginning of your long list of rules so people can get the real truth about your wonderful server and choose a different one. I always thought you guys held hands and sang "Kumbaya" every day. I now know that it's only the ones at the top doing that.

Taken from https://www.thebalance.com/capitalism-c ... ns-3305588

Capitalism doesn't provide for those who lack competitive skills. This includes the elderly, children, the developmentally disabled, and caretakers. To keep society functioning, capitalism requires government policies that value the family unit.

Despite the idea of a “level playing field,” capitalism does not promote equality of opportunity. Those without the proper nutrition, support, and education may never make it to the playing field.

Society will never benefit from their valuable skills.

In the short term, inequality may seem to be in the best interest of capitalism's winners. They have fewer competitive threats. They may also use their power to "rig the system" by creating barriers to entry. For example, they will donate to elected officials who sponsor laws that benefit their industry. They could send their children to private schools while supporting lower taxes for public schools.

Kumbaya.
Why don’t I farm gold? Because no one needs to farm for hours to make gold on Epona? When did I instruct anyone to farm gold? I said, “win drops and sell them”, most bosses die in 5-10 minutes or less, login, run to boss, it dies, roll, win or lose, if you win keep drop or sell drop, if you lose, head to next boss or log off. You don’t need to farm hours for gold.

Also, drop your real world capitalism argument, you seem silly. This is a game and I’m telling you Epona is a capitalist server that works, provided that the winner is random by way of rolls, no one has a better chance to win than the next person. People will always buy drops they need, and people will sell drops they don’t need. It’s beneficial to both the buyer and the seller. I don’t care if I don’t need a y crown, I’m rolling for it, and will either sell it or give it to my clan. If I sell it, I’ll have gold to buy a y arc, so win for me and win for the person who needed the crown that I sold, that is one less they need. Sure they spent gold, but everyone spends gold, and most of everyone earns gold the same way. Quit your complaining about capitalism, it works here, that’s what matters and that’s all that needs to be said.

This has always been a rule, it’s not like we added it anytime recently. When I wrote the rules, it was in there, and it’s still in there. I’ve literally posted exactly where you can find the rule in the rule book stickied at the top of the Epona page.
Yurian Stonebow of Epona
Ranger-221

Section 3 (Bossing Rules) Article D reads:

“Your character must be geared with equipment that will be effective at killing the boss. If your gear is not appropriate another player can ask for you to be "no-rolled", meaning your roll will not count for that boss if the majority present agree that you are not geared fairly. Usually the participating players at the boss will be able to decide if your gear is appropriate. (Ex: players at necro need dl aura, players at gelebron need edl aura, players at any boss need to be fairly geared with jewels/weapons/armor for the boss or a player can ask for you to be no-rolled). Example: Don’t come to gele wearing a lvl35 hero ammy.”
Yurian Stonebow of Epona
Ranger-221