Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: That Epona Drama

#12
Chrollo Lucilfer wrote:This feel so stupid people decide whom to ban and not to ban, i guess its free server style anyway gl hehe


Democracy at its finest.
Eragon123 - lvl 220 ranger
Zamorak1 - lvl 220 mage
Sulis
Sneaky o.O
Have questions about anything? PM me!

Latest Celtic Heroes Database Update: Character Creator! Go Team #WorldSkillsUSA!

Re: That Epona Drama

#13
The7thSon wrote:It has been openly discussed by the endgame players of Epona and we have decided that it is in our best interests to snuff out the threat of Gomorrah before it begins to be an issue. This includes open killstealing of any boss or mob a Gomorrah member attempts. After all, wouldn’t you prefer to buy a fire extinguisher before the fire starts? Anyone that continues to stand behind the leaders of Gomorrah has the possibility to be issued a permanent server ban if the endgame community sees this punishment to be fitting. Epona has long-established server rules, and any attempt at overthrowing the system we have in place is a threat to the wellbeing of the players of the server.

With that being said, any player who was invited to Gomorrah without knowing the history of the leaders will be given the chance to leave the clan with no consequences.

I hope this clarifies things.

So you guys openly violate TOS because somebody you don't know may be somebody you don't like for whatever reason? Devs allow that over there?

Re: That Epona Drama

#14
Sgt slotter wrote:
The7thSon wrote:It has been openly discussed by the endgame players of Epona and we have decided that it is in our best interests to snuff out the threat of Gomorrah before it begins to be an issue. This includes open killstealing of any boss or mob a Gomorrah member attempts. After all, wouldn’t you prefer to buy a fire extinguisher before the fire starts? Anyone that continues to stand behind the leaders of Gomorrah has the possibility to be issued a permanent server ban if the endgame community sees this punishment to be fitting. Epona has long-established server rules, and any attempt at overthrowing the system we have in place is a threat to the wellbeing of the players of the server.

With that being said, any player who was invited to Gomorrah without knowing the history of the leaders will be given the chance to leave the clan with no consequences.

I hope this clarifies things.

So you guys openly violate TOS because somebody you don't know may be somebody you don't like for whatever reason? Devs allow that over there?

Epona is great i heard but that’s just messed up.
@the7thSon you are openly admiting the allowing and tolerance of gameplay sabotage, something that has been confirmed multiple times to be a bannable offense.
Im sorry Epona but if u wanna maintain ur free-server you should stick to legit and clean ways rather than ksing and harassing. After all, those who are challenging your status (ASSUMING THEY ARE NOT KNOWS SCAMMERS) are not doing anything that breaks the ToS so they are free to do what ever they like, and your only way of defending the server should be like any other clan tryna maintain its dominance; by winning over bosses and raids and not disturbing other people’s experiences for you own sake.

Again, this is all assuming ur doing all that to clean, legit people that just want to challenge the open server.

But if ur doing this cuz the leaders are scammers, well, it’s still breaking the ToS so technically u both should get warnings/bans.

@devs, if such grefing is allowed pls tell us, then watch all dominate clans in other servers do the same lol.

Re: That Epona Drama

#15
Sgt slotter wrote:
The7thSon wrote:It has been openly discussed by the endgame players of Epona and we have decided that it is in our best interests to snuff out the threat of Gomorrah before it begins to be an issue. This includes open killstealing of any boss or mob a Gomorrah member attempts. After all, wouldn’t you prefer to buy a fire extinguisher before the fire starts? Anyone that continues to stand behind the leaders of Gomorrah has the possibility to be issued a permanent server ban if the endgame community sees this punishment to be fitting. Epona has long-established server rules, and any attempt at overthrowing the system we have in place is a threat to the wellbeing of the players of the server.

With that being said, any player who was invited to Gomorrah without knowing the history of the leaders will be given the chance to leave the clan with no consequences.

I hope this clarifies things.

So you guys openly violate TOS because somebody you don't know may be somebody you don't like for whatever reason? Devs allow that over there?


Excellent question. Technically, specifically focusing your attention on making the game unpleasant for players solely because of the clan they are in should count under bullying/harassment. It's even worse if you are actively encouraging others to bully/harass as well.

I understand the desire to do it to a couple select individuals that have a long standing history of being jerks (it's still wrong, but it's an understandable reason). However, doing it to random players that may be new to the game and don't know these server rules makes it seem like CH has a very toxic community, and puts the entire game in a bad light.

I think it's great that Epona has server-wide rules that the players created and uphold. However, keep in mind that Celtic Heroes is an open game...forcing players to abide by rules - that they did not necessarily agree to and may not even know about - with threats and interfering with their gameplay should be treated as every other offense in the game.

The idea of forcefully stopping a problem before it even begins is a tricky one that I'm not even going to go into.


*Disclaimer, I do not play on Epona, my knowledge of the server is limited to what I see on the forums - topics like this*
Eragon123 - lvl 220 ranger
Zamorak1 - lvl 220 mage
Sulis
Sneaky o.O
Have questions about anything? PM me!

Latest Celtic Heroes Database Update: Character Creator! Go Team #WorldSkillsUSA!

Re: That Epona Drama

#16
Well, there is no KSing going on. Maybe some kids did that but the Epona community doesnt support or encourage that at all. The blacklisting/banning means that the person (or in this case, clanmember) are not allowed to roll at bosses. I cant see the difference from any dom server. Its not like anyone can get a piece of the loot just because they touched a mob being killed.

If someone feels they being KSed or harassed they can report it to OTM.

Think people stirring this up to something bigger than it really is.

Re: That Epona Drama

#17
To clarify the ksing issue, not many are participating in this action because most know that new players invited to this clan had no clue that it was under the leadership of a known group of scammers.
Epona
BloodMoon (White Frostbringer's Hat)
215-Ranger

StormySeas
190 Fire Mage

Re: That Epona Drama

#18
Let me just clarify that epona does not condone/support any ks attempt on this clan's members. Our blacklist as freja stated is strictly preventing them from participate in bosses (much like what's happening in any dom server) and on the side we have recommended no trades are conducted but this is hardly able to be enforced. Regarding the boss ks mentioned above, this refers to lock battles. Mob ksing was brought up by a troll and a few ppl ran with it, this has since been condemned by epona majority. Those who have been found to have done so were talked to. As I mentioned in a previous post we do not wish ill upon the clan members as their leader has done a good job of manipulating them in this "crusade" of his as he calls it. We do not fault these members for their leaders actions and thus (as mentioned in the announcement I had made) members r free to begin participating in epona community immediately following their abandonment of the clan provided they are not banned for breaking any of eponas rules (found on the epona sub forum)
Rogue ShadowKnight - Herne (Retired)
220 Rogue XxPunisherxX

220 Druid SupremeDruid
222 Ranger ShadowArrow9
220 Warrior DragonKnight26
100 Mage SupremeNoob
#Epona #Cohesion

Re: That Epona Drama

#19
Datura wrote:If you wish to see evidence of your clan breaking the server rules, ask and you shal receive. If you started a server without knowing the server rules then that fault falls to you. We have others xfering to epona and can not update every new lvl 11 that comes by. Also you found your way here easily to post your point of view of what happened. There is a topic of Epona and the server rules


Perhaps you should update every new level 11 about the server rules before they invest too much time in Epona if y'all want to impose server rules on everyone. To blame someone for not knowing rules of a server of a game that Johnny downloads to see if they like it is pretty ridiculous. Most players found CH by looking for a mobile MMORPG to play and randomly picked a server to start on.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Re: That Epona Drama

#20
Vilse wrote:Well, there is no KSing going on. Maybe some kids did that but the Epona community doesnt support or encourage that at all. The blacklisting/banning means that the person (or in this case, clanmember) are not allowed to roll at bosses. I cant see the difference from any dom server. Its not like anyone can get a piece of the loot just because they touched a mob being killed.

If someone feels they being KSed or harassed they can report it to OTM.

Think people stirring this up to something bigger than it really is.


Except 7th Son said it was openly discussed and KSing was openly happening.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest