Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Are we heading in the right direction?

I don't understand how anyone can argue that a dice system is not luck based.
In part it is, but it does not negate player's effort and the effect of clans. While you personally may not be fond of it, plenty of us are content, and plenty of us put in effort to camp/farm and help our clans. Not everyone has to buy gear, even though we're an open server.
So imagine you've attended 100 gele kills. You roll each time but still haven't won that drop you've been waiting for, or that item just doesn't drop. Now an old clanny that hasn't logged in for a couple months pops up one day and decides to go to the next gele fight. That item you've been waiting for finally drops. Everyone rolls and that old clanny ends up winning it because he rolled the highest number. How is that fair? He just happens to log in one day after an extended absence and ends up winning that thing you've been trying to get forever? That's what makes dicing unfair imo. Dkp is fair because it rewards people based on their efforts, not luck. Yes people that have less time to play will not be geared up as quickly as someone that plays daily, but that is how it should be. Rewards based on effort, not luck. Dicing/rolling is pure luck.
Meh, if that person contributed to the gele fight then that person is entitled to the drops, I don't see how that's unfair, just bad luck for the one that participated in 100 gele fights. Plus I'm sure the clan would help him/her out if they see how unlucky he/she is.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

In part it is, but it does not negate player's effort and the effect of clans. While you personally may not be fond of it, plenty of us are content, and plenty of us put in effort to camp/farm and help our clans. Not everyone has to buy gear, even though we're an open server.
So imagine you've attended 100 gele kills. You roll each time but still haven't won that drop you've been waiting for, or that item just doesn't drop. Now an old clanny that hasn't logged in for a couple months pops up one day and decides to go to the next gele fight. That item you've been waiting for finally drops. Everyone rolls and that old clanny ends up winning it because he rolled the highest number. How is that fair? He just happens to log in one day after an extended absence and ends up winning that thing you've been trying to get forever? That's what makes dicing unfair imo. Dkp is fair because it rewards people based on their efforts, not luck. Yes people that have less time to play will not be geared up as quickly as someone that plays daily, but that is how it should be. Rewards based on effort, not luck. Dicing/rolling is pure luck.
Meh, if that person contributed to the gele fight then that person is entitled to the drops, I don't see how that's unfair, just bad luck for the one that participated in 100 gele fights. Plus I'm sure the clan would help him/her out if they see how unlucky he/she is.
Just imagine if you're working for a company that gives out bonuses to employees every year. You have been with the company for 20 years and one employee has been there for one month. Then the company decided to give out bonuses randomly instead of using factors like merit/performance/years of service. The new guy got a $20,000 bonus and you got $500. Yep, that's just "bad luck".

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Just imagine if you're working for a company that gives out bonuses to employees every year. You have been with the company for 20 years and one employee has been there for one month. Then the company decided to give out bonuses randomly instead of using factors like merit/performance/years of service. The new guy got a $20,000 bonus and you got $500. Yep, that's just "bad luck".
But this is a game, not a job.
LordOfDiablos: 228 Support Rogue
HealerOfEvil: 180 Support Druid
ButcherOfEvil: 180 Tank Warrior
Proud General of Enigma!
'Lord, you look like a gay detective moose' Limbro, 2015

True, but people put the same amount of effort. I'd call it a hobby than a job or a game.
Warrior 222, Ranger 220,
Concordiia,
Donn.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

It's still an accurate comparison
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Your analogies suck ass. You can't compare the real world with a virtual world... you just can't. One legitimately matters and the other doesn't. Lord is right, it's just a damn game.

The whole point of dicing is to give everyone a chance at drops regardless of their clan... meaning there is no mega clan that takes all the drops for themselves forcing outsiders to compete with them which is a struggle. As a member of Ronin in Belenus I can say that even at 30k power, it's still tough competing against Elementals and their 34kish power. If you were an outsider you would understand how much servers like Epona are appreciated.

Brush your teeth Aileron noob

This is total bs. All my life I've only been in 2 dom clans, and this is over, what, like 10 servers?

I've been in secondary clans on rosemerta, arawn, gwydion, fingal, danu, and mabon.

I've been in secondary clans that struggle to kill hrung, to ones that kill mord, to ones that slide by on necro, to ones that kill prot, to ones that kill gele.

I can without a doubt confirm it's not nearly as bad as you present it as.
Just work hard and you get the work done. One thing I notice in about 1/3 or 1/4 of secondary clans is in the inside, they're all power hungry children jealous of the dom clans gear and constantly attacking them.

The good majority are just groups of friends hanging out and enjoying the game, doing their best to progress without causing drama.

You are the former.
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

Your analogies suck ass. You can't compare the real world with a virtual world... you just can't. One legitimately matters and the other doesn't. Lord is right, it's just a damn game.

The whole point of dicing is to give everyone a chance at drops regardless of their clan... meaning there is no mega clan that takes all the drops for themselves forcing outsiders to compete with them which is a struggle. As a member of Ronin in Belenus I can say that even at 30k power, it's still tough competing against Elementals and their 34kish power. If you were an outsider you would understand how much servers like Epona are appreciated.

Just Because you don't like the analogy doesn't mean it's a bad one. Analogies using different situations (work vs a video game) is perfectly fine as long as it's a similar scenario. This scenario is about chance vs certainty.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

This is total bs. All my life I've only been in 2 dom clans, and this is over, what, like 10 servers?

I've been in secondary clans on rosemerta, arawn, gwydion, fingal, danu, and mabon.

I've been in secondary clans that struggle to kill hrung, to ones that kill mord, to ones that slide by on necro, to ones that kill prot, to ones that kill gele.

I can without a doubt confirm it's not nearly as bad as you present it as.
Just work hard and you get the work done. One thing I notice in about 1/3 or 1/4 of secondary clans is in the inside, they're all power hungry children jealous of the dom clans gear and constantly attacking them.

The good majority are just groups of friends hanging out and enjoying the game, doing their best to progress without causing drama.

You are the former.
Not saying it's the worst thing in the world, I actually quite like being an outsider to the top clan. It is, however, frustrating going up against a clan that has better gear than your clan, or we simply can't get the numbers online for bosses like necro or prot... simple things like that usually determine the outcome of a lock battle on raids and if you're going to say it's not frustrating then you're probably lying.

In Ronin we are just one big happy family that tries not to cause drama. I could join Elementals if I wanted to as I am friends with people in there, but I would rather stay with my old friends (some dating back to 2012-2013) in Ronin.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge