Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Are we heading in the right direction?

The terms "cooperative" va "dominant" are misnomers. It should be called Luck-Based vs Effort-Based.
We don't use dice because we think it's the absolute perfect way to distribute drops. We use dice because there's no other system that can include everyone. Plus nobody is stopping a clan in epona using a dkp system, I've even suggested something similar for my clan. So no, it's still definitely cooperative vs Dominant/competitive.

Was your idea sort of a you have two people dice representing each clan and the droos are rolled for by those people and then drops won go to bank and dkp is done? Could work. Or just everyone rolls and drops sent to bank.
My clan already banks quest drops we win, then we just hand them out to whoever needs them. That first suggestion wouldn't work, either.... what about the clanless people? People who are in dead clans, too? That idea wouldn't include everyone, it'd be just as if we had multiple parts of a dominant clan.
LordOfDiablos: 228 Support Rogue
HealerOfEvil: 180 Support Druid
ButcherOfEvil: 180 Tank Warrior
Proud General of Enigma!
'Lord, you look like a gay detective moose' Limbro, 2015

We don't use dice because we think it's the absolute perfect way to distribute drops. We use dice because there's no other system that can include everyone. Plus nobody is stopping a clan in epona using a dkp system, I've even suggested something similar for my clan. So no, it's still definitely cooperative vs Dominant/competitive.

Was your idea sort of a you have two people dice representing each clan and the droos are rolled for by those people and then drops won go to bank and dkp is done? Could work. Or just everyone rolls and drops sent to bank.
My clan already banks quest drops we win, then we just hand them out to whoever needs them. That first suggestion wouldn't work, either.... what about the clanless people? People who are in dead clans, too? That idea wouldn't include everyone, it'd be just as if we had multiple parts of a dominant clan.

Oh yeah :c

Honestly if this world wants to be different than the rest then not only do u need a server-wide dkp system for all clans to use, but everyone has to be willing to use it. If u wanna prevent lock battles and conflicts then everyone has to come under the same terms. It might be hard to plan out but if the leaders of whatever the top clans are on this server sat down and busted out a list of rules to follow for everyone then it could work. Lots of hard work to be put into this if u want he server to stay a whole and still reward ppl for their work rather than just luck.

U could do that or every clan implement their own system, but be fair about it with no griefing and what not.
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

The terms "cooperative" va "dominant" are misnomers. It should be called Luck-Based vs Effort-Based.
not really, I mean clans hide timers sometimes but if you try and get a kill over another clan and keep drops that's just gonna get you banned in the roll system for gelebron, definently nobody is gonna agree on any ground with dominant clans keeping drops in epona. It would be entertaining to see an "attempt" but doing that in epona can eventually make your accounts in epona worthless because you will have that "banned from bosses" title over your head.

not really, I mean clans hide timers sometimes but if you try and get a kill over another clan and keep drops that's just gonna get you banned in the roll system for gelebron, definently nobody is gonna agree on any ground with dominant clans keeping drops in epona. It would be entertaining to see an "attempt" but doing that in epona can eventually make your accounts in epona worthless because you will have that "banned from bosses" title over your head.
You missed the point entirely. Clans can keep items that clannies have won in the existing system, without excluding others. They simply choose how to distribute those drops within clan.
World: Epona

Alyssandra Ranger Lvl 221
Atropos Druid Lvl 225
Nyssa Rogue Lvl 215
Briar Rose Mage Lvl 215

Lasciel Rogue Lvl 217
Owl Ranger Lvl 190
Lenore Druid Lvl 191

I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

You missed the point entirely. Clans can keep items that clannies have won in the existing system, without excluding others. They simply choose how to distribute those drops within clan.
Yeah on a side note I'm selling gelebron void dagg if interested 0.0

I don't understand how anyone can argue that a dice system is not luck based.
In part it is, but it does not negate player's effort and the effect of clans. While you personally may not be fond of it, plenty of us are content, and plenty of us put in effort to camp/farm and help our clans. Not everyone has to buy gear, even though we're an open server.
World: Epona

Alyssandra Ranger Lvl 221
Atropos Druid Lvl 225
Nyssa Rogue Lvl 215
Briar Rose Mage Lvl 215

Lasciel Rogue Lvl 217
Owl Ranger Lvl 190
Lenore Druid Lvl 191

I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

I don't understand how anyone can argue that a dice system is not luck based.
In part it is, but it does not negate player's effort and the effect of clans. While you personally may not be fond of it, plenty of us are content, and plenty of us put in effort to camp/farm and help our clans. Not everyone has to buy gear, even though we're an open server.
So imagine you've attended 100 gele kills. You roll each time but still haven't won that drop you've been waiting for, or that item just doesn't drop. Now an old clanny that hasn't logged in for a couple months pops up one day and decides to go to the next gele fight. That item you've been waiting for finally drops. Everyone rolls and that old clanny ends up winning it because he rolled the highest number. How is that fair? He just happens to log in one day after an extended absence and ends up winning that thing you've been trying to get forever? That's what makes dicing unfair imo. Dkp is fair because it rewards people based on their efforts, not luck. Yes people that have less time to play will not be geared up as quickly as someone that plays daily, but that is how it should be. Rewards based on effort, not luck. Dicing/rolling is pure luck.