Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: The Legend Of Eiji

When I first began my adventures in this land, I hoped that making a fortune and fulfilling all my goals would be easy. My hypothesis was wrong. However, the one thing that I am proud for being able to avoid to this day is the influence of buying platinum. It took me a year, but I went from being the noob trying to sell common chickens to becoming a better, more intelligent person, without the help of any extra parties(other than the occasional helper). From the day I landed on the beach of Lir's Reach to the present where I currently try to gain experience by killing pirates, I will be telling a daily tale about how I went from wanting to be rich in wealth to becoming rich in mind(which then ended up leading to wealth). This is the story about how I went from rags to riches.

During my first few days in this land, gold was the least of my worries. Getting my first few quest kills stolen by a player trying to pester people more feeble than he was, it was a warm welcome to the new land. When I finally was able to complete my first few quests, nothing got better for me. Curious about what secrets the arena hid, I decided to tread through the halls of valor, ignoring the warning that had been given by the fighters taking a break from their battles for a short chat. As my feet stepped sunk into the yellow sand as the actual arena was in clear view, I was immediately cut down by a ruthless rogue trying to make himself look cool to his clanmates. The lesson I learnt was to heed warnings of the wise.

Expecting that people would be nice to new players who had only just started, my hopes were dashed and reality began to sink in. Being knocked over when I didn't expect it really wounded whatever pride and courage I had at the time to wander the Arena. After finishing all the starter quests (which took about 2 days done solo), I realized that the sole path to survive in these hazardous lands was to have a lot of gear. And to get gear...well, you had to have gold. Thinking gold farming was a mediocre and easy job, I began to grind on a few mobs before I realized they were only dropping 3 gold. Angered by this, I left grinding to visit my good Connacht friends in Shalemont. The lesson I learnt that day was that nothing comes easy.

My time spent doing the quests in Shalemont Ravine was a vital part of me staying on this game and not rage quitting. I was able to get assistance from a lot of good spirited chaps, which proved to me that not everyone on this game was fighting for themselves to flourish. This then made me remember this was an mmo, and people were supposed to work together to help eachother achieve their goals. Soon after I finished the shalemont quests, I found a stormskimmer drop somewhere, and sold it for a cool 90k plus items. The lesson I learnt was that even in the darkest room in the world, there is always a little flicker of light.

Soon after, I was full of regen and happily roaming around Stonevale, but that was before the annoying kill stealing clan arrived. A clan dedicated to kill stealing in stonevale at the time kept annoying me, and one day I decided I had enough. I left for fingals cave, and continued to level there until I reached around level 75. Soon after, I moved back into Stonevale to find out that the kill steal clan had left for good. The lesson I learnt is that time is the ultimate benefactor in any situation.