Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Danus History

Very interesting post.

I logged in recently into Danu after a 3+ year hiatus.

My history on Danu really began when I wanted to join Defiant but ended up with ChosenOnes. Z, Death, Somar were the heads of Defiant and they had done a superb job. At the time there was no one striving to be the top rogue on the server in earnest. The warrior position was firmly in the grasp of Somar (Defiant) with YUN not too far behind (Chosen), Cheech was the premier Ranger (Chosen) Z was the top Druid (Defiant)and Erowen (Chosen) was an amazing Druid as well.

Defiant too me had the reputation of being the badasses and we're looking to expand,while ChosenOnes were a bit more selective and were super chill. YUN put in a good word and I was allowed to join. Time after time Defiant would take the boss kills and it was pretty deflating, but with Cheech and I leveling quickly we soon reached a point where Defiant just didn't have the DPS to stop us.

I believe at this time prior to the release of the Cosmic Armor/Meterioc frags and Rems, Somar left without explanation.
3ameternel, Amelia and others formed (Defiant) good DPS against ChosenOnes, but Cheech and I were spending lots of $$$ on elixirs and ChosenOnes usually came out on top.

At this time another Rogue came to be named Guffy and helped restore the DPS deficiency that Defiant had against ChosenOnes and it was anyone's chance to steal the boss kill if one or two major DPS rogues/Rangers didn't show up for their respective clan. I loathed Guffy and we were always neck and neck. I may have hit the 100 level cap before Guffy, but he received Full Zodiac just a week shy. Defiant and ChosenOnes were in a bitter fight for supremacy and with Somar gone Guffy led the way.

ChosenOnes instituted a banking policy of drops with assignments of gear based on merit and necessity, sometimes gearing up 2ndary player accounts for DPS necessities or assist capabilities. This undoubtedly upset many and impression of being left out was palpable. At this time ChosenOnes had also taken on members who had left to Defiant with boss frag equipment... There wasn't a good system of drops eve until after I left.

Due to the difficulty of the bosses and the amount of $$$ being invested to successfully kill a boss. Sometimes we would fight and lose, with Defiant watching to pick up the kill before it reset. Oftentimes ChosenOnes would do the same. Ultimately formalities ceased and the kills were a free for all...

You want it. Take it!

An agreement was made with Defiant and a merger was made. Making Prime the premier clan on Danu and at one time across all worlds.

I left before the Otherworld update and returned to see players who were struggling at high 80's to low 90's, suddenly had surpassed me at 100. On Danu only a few characters at this time had broken 90 and less than 4 at the time I left hit the 100 cap. Guffy, Yun, Cheech and I.

I was happy Prime was so successful and to be honest without the rivalry of another clan vying for supremacy I personally lost desire to play the game. I wasn't playing for fun, It was for the thrill of besting Defiant and Guffy, the other top rogue on the server.

I logged on a few days ago and now I expect to play for fun. Something I didn't do 3+ years ago.

(Sorry if this is bias, Chosen Ones ftw)
DANU

CHOSEN ONES

88 - DiegoMayra - Rogue

Respect we got a legit veteran here, omega was my firsts clan in 2k11
Thanks for the story :)
Danu
E3: Rogue (223)
Annihilate: Rogue (200)

Shadow9: Warrior (222)
36O: Ranger (220)
On Ice: Ice Mage (220)
On Fire: Ice Fire (220)

Instagram: @celtic_tavern (I do daily uploads, feel free to come say hi)

The lvl caps was 100 at some point?!?!? Wow.
Soft cap yes, you could go higher. we used to let people get the solo kill on stonevale bosses just so they could get all the xp for themselves.
Queefmagnet 190+ Rogue Danu

Diego!!! I got the chance to see you yesterday!!(Or was it the day before yesterday??) I was gnna ask you if you speak spanish :3.... Idk but it makes me feel closer to a player if they speak the same native language as I do.

I started in 2011 Yuletide and eventually joined unbreakable, but I wasn't very interested in the ongoing clan rivalries so I just pretty much minded my own business and made some friends with both people in Prime and Unbreak alike.

I was not here for Ascension's creation since I was on hiatus.
Very interesting post.

I logged in recently into Danu after a 3+ year hiatus.

My history on Danu really began when I wanted to join Defiant but ended up with ChosenOnes. Z, Death, Somar were the heads of Defiant and they had done a superb job. At the time there was no one striving to be the top rogue on the server in earnest. The warrior position was firmly in the grasp of Somar (Defiant) with YUN not too far behind (Chosen), Cheech was the premier Ranger (Chosen) Z was the top Druid (Defiant)and Erowen (Chosen) was an amazing Druid as well.

Defiant too me had the reputation of being the badasses and we're looking to expand,while ChosenOnes were a bit more selective and were super chill. YUN put in a good word and I was allowed to join. Time after time Defiant would take the boss kills and it was pretty deflating, but with Cheech and I leveling quickly we soon reached a point where Defiant just didn't have the DPS to stop us.

I believe at this time prior to the release of the Cosmic Armor/Meterioc frags and Rems, Somar left without explanation.
3ameternel, Amelia and others formed (Defiant) good DPS against ChosenOnes, but Cheech and I were spending lots of $$$ on elixirs and ChosenOnes usually came out on top.

At this time another Rogue came to be named Guffy and helped restore the DPS deficiency that Defiant had against ChosenOnes and it was anyone's chance to steal the boss kill if one or two major DPS rogues/Rangers didn't show up for their respective clan. I loathed Guffy and we were always neck and neck. I may have hit the 100 level cap before Guffy, but he received Full Zodiac just a week shy. Defiant and ChosenOnes were in a bitter fight for supremacy and with Somar gone Guffy led the way.

ChosenOnes instituted a banking policy of drops with assignments of gear based on merit and necessity, sometimes gearing up 2ndary player accounts for DPS necessities or assist capabilities. This undoubtedly upset many and impression of being left out was palpable. At this time ChosenOnes had also taken on members who had left to Defiant with boss frag equipment... There wasn't a good system of drops eve until after I left.

Due to the difficulty of the bosses and the amount of $$$ being invested to successfully kill a boss. Sometimes we would fight and lose, with Defiant watching to pick up the kill before it reset. Oftentimes ChosenOnes would do the same. Ultimately formalities ceased and the kills were a free for all...

You want it. Take it!

An agreement was made with Defiant and a merger was made. Making Prime the premier clan on Danu and at one time across all worlds.

I left before the Otherworld update and returned to see players who were struggling at high 80's to low 90's, suddenly had surpassed me at 100. On Danu only a few characters at this time had broken 90 and less than 4 at the time I left hit the 100 cap. Guffy, Yun, Cheech and I.

I was happy Prime was so successful and to be honest without the rivalry of another clan vying for supremacy I personally lost desire to play the game. I wasn't playing for fun, It was for the thrill of besting Defiant and Guffy, the other top rogue on the server.

I logged on a few days ago and now I expect to play for fun. Something I didn't do 3+ years ago.

(Sorry if this is bias, Chosen Ones ftw)
Had the great opportunity to see you too, welcome back :3

HEY!! does that mean im not the only sub lvl 100 veteran on danu?
I thought i was the only one lol. I cant exactly remember what was going on when i was a nub, but i do remember i was doing a favor for a friend and at the time i was pretty high level and a boss fight was occurring. i forgot what it was but i remember i jumped in and after it was killed there was a fierce argument happening. thats one of my stories, sorta broken lol.

(i quit the game anyways)
Last edited by Hogana on Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hogana (Retired)
I creep around the forums.